It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User
Not sure how much more I can take...

I've come to the conclusion that this is going to be with me for life. That there is no reason, cause, or resolution for why I wake up exhausted every day. Why I walk through a fog every day and why I cannot seem to handle the most easiest of physical challenges. I've been like this for years... I can't take much more of this. I'm done with the medical community and with wasting my time and money on drugs/supplements. I have spent of $10,000 on things that don't work at all.

Has anyone else thought of clocking out? I'm so young, but I don't want to think of living to 75... 80... hell, even 40 like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
(female)

veggie2 HB User
Re: Not sure how much more I can take...

I think the best thing to do is to take it one day at a time. Imagining how life will be decades from now is just too much. You never know what life might have in store for you. Find something positive to focus on each day - even if it's tiny - and take things one step at a time. Hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
(female)

alley1234 HB User
Re: Not sure how much more I can take...

Yes. I have cfs too since I was about 13. I often feel the same way. I feel like what kind of life is this. I also think I don't want to live the rest of my life like this. I've spent so much time and money with nothing that has worked. I felt hopeless. I've learned that I probably will never be cured. I recently found something that has helped me. Its been about 3 months and I still feel better. I take zoloft and aderall. I take aderall twice a day. Its the only thing that helped. I still have a hard time getting up but once I take the medicine I don't feel as bad. I guess I can say its at a level I can tolerate but it is stil there somewhat. Its the best combo for me so far. I've tried everything from retalin, wellbutrin, nuvigil, provigil, aderall xr, concerta, seraquil, clonopin (they thought maybe anxiety was wearing me out), sleeping medications, thyrid medication, etc. There were years where I would just give up trying to find a cure.

Reply Reply