It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

pooks616 HB User
Question Please help! Fatigue and memory loss

This is my first post ever to a message board but I am in desperate need of some help. I have been experiencing health problems for 2 years now and cant seem to get an answer from anyone. Let me start with my symptoms:
First symptom 2 years ago was a rash, it was itchy and not localized to any specific area. Second noticable symtom was a chronic low grade fever that lasted about 8 months. It began shortly after the rash. Around the same time i developed chronic, debilitating fatigue and muscle pain. That was followed by some minor joint pain in hands mostly. I have not experienced the fever or rash since the first occurance. I also had two somewhat scary symptoms that only occured once; I had ascending tingling in my legs that made it to my knees before descending. It lasted about two months. Second, i had an episode of VERY severe pain all ocer my body that i had to be hospitalized for, My most troubling symtoms now is the nagging fatigue, persistant insomnia (began long after the fatigue) and severe long term memory loss. (For example, I have two kids ages 5 and 7, and i cannot remember their first words, steps, birthdays, things no mother would EVER forget.)

Now for what the doctors have done:
I have had every blood test under the sun (literally) and the only abnormal results were very low vitamin D and positive EBV infection showing twice in the previous year (meaning i had the virus active at two different points within one year which i was told is quite uncommon). I have also had nerve conduction testing, and a CT of my brain. The best the doctors have come up with is possible fibromyalgia or lupus (symptoms seem to fit SLE but no malar rash or positive ANA so that is doubtful)

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer. I have lost faith in my doctors and am beginning to think they think i am crazy. I lost my job because of all of this (and in turn my health insurance).

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
autoimmune disease, fatigue, general health, memory loss, neurological muscle disorder twitch spasm