It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
(male)

KLPath HB User
Please Explain This To Me

I've had problems with chronic fatigue for years. Day after day I go through
the same routine. I'm going to use a 1-10 scale to explain my energy levels.
When I wake up each day, for the first 3 hours I'm awake, I'm at
6/10 (this is the best I'll ever feel unless I take a nap later in the day).
As the day progresses, my energy will slowly keep going down and will eventually drop to a 3/10. At this point, all I can think about is taking a nap and will do so for for about 45 minutes if possible. Taking a nap can bring me back up to a 6/10 but sometimes it's less effective. If I can't take a nap, 99% of the time I will remain exhausted until I go to sleep at night. The other 1% of the time, I can spontaneously get a "second wind" and jump back up to a 5/10 without a nap.

I have gone to the doctor about this and he did blood tests, urine tests and even put me on a heart monitor because I also have heart palpitaions on a daily basis and my results came back "perfectly normal"

When it comes to diet, I've tried high carb, medium carb, low carb and combinations like having a low carb breakfast to prevent a blood sugar spike in the morning and saving my carbs for later in the day. Nothing seems to help, although I'm fairly certain that having a high fat breakfast is the worst possible thing for me since it makes me tired more quickly. Also, I have a gluten intolerance and/or Celiac Disease (I never got an
official diagnosis, I just realized one day that my digestion system did not like wheat and/or gluten and have been 100% gluten free for 3 years) I should also note that I haven't consumed processed foods for years and I do not consume Caffeinated beverages including decaf coffee since it contains small amounts of caffeine.

Now that I've given some backstory here's my question. After dealing with fatigue day after day for years, something happened to me last year. During the month of July last year, I had a 48 hour period of time where my symptoms almost completely resolved themselves. Basically, referring back to my energy scale, I was a 8/10 from about one hour
after waking up until about one hour before bed. The first day that this occured, I went for 2 bike rides (one in the morning and one in the evening) and I still felt great after. I should mention that when I exercise, I usually feel more tired than usual the rest of day and even the following day or two. As the first day was coming to an end, I thought
to myself, this is some kind of bizarre fluke and this is never going to happen again. The second day I woke up, I ate breakfast and realized that my energy was still there so I went for another bike ride and continued to feel great the rest of the day. This actually got my hopes up and made me wonder if my body some how corrected what ever
was wrong. It was so strange that I even thought about going back to my doctor and having him run more tests to see if he could detect a difference but decided it seemed a little ridiculous to visit the doctor when I actually felt good.

Unfortunately day number 3 came along and it didn't take me long to realize that I was back to my old fatigued self. It has been about 10 months since this happened and it has never happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could have happened?

Last edited by KLPath; 05-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
(male)

kruegersc4 HB User
Re: Please Explain This To Me

Did you eat something really unusual for you to before that brief period of energy? I would wonder about some sort of obscure deficiency since you've had a restricted diet for a few years.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
(male)

chief12 HB User
Re: Please Explain This To Me

it sounds like ebv i have had it for 8 years i only found a dr who is a holistic dr in bonita springs fl that has help me

Reply Reply