It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

Cakelady5512 HB User
Treating fatigue and pain at the same time?

I have a lot of health issues, with my most debilitating symptoms being chronic pain and fatigue. I'll try to keep it short, so here's what I take:

Morphine extended release 15 mg 2x day -morning and bedtime
Lortab (hydrocodone) 10 mg every 4-6 hours
Adderall IR 40 mg 2x day

I am wondering if anyone taking a similar combination can tell me how they time their meds in relation to meals, each other, etc. The general consensus seems to be that adderall should be taken an hour after or two hours before food in order to feel the strongest possible effects. I have to have something in my stomach within an hour of taking morphine or a horrible stomachache will occur until I eat. Lortab I can take on an empty stomach but the Tylenol probably causes damage on those occasions, plus I have read that fatty foods help absorption of opiates.

I have tried taking everything all together with food, and the adderall was completely unnoticeable for me. It's possible that my focus was improved, but in my case that is not the most important effect.

I do not have work or school to contend with right now thankfully; I am a stay at home mom and just want to be able to cook three meals a day, keep my house clean and do constructive activities with my two toddlers. My husband is gone 12+ hours a day for work right now, so I need to have my pain at a manageable level and control my fatigue from 8 am until 9 pm at the very least. It would be nice to stay up until 10 or 11 so I can actually see my husband whenever possible, as well.

Please share any experiences you may have...I know I can just try eating and dosing differently every day to figure out what works, but guidance would be appreciated. I would prefer spending my days being productive and enjoying time with my kids rather than researching meds and obsessively tracking my intake.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
adderall, energy, fatigue, motivation, pain