It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

RedFraggle HB User
Going on 5 months now, sick of being exhausted all the time.

Hey everyone. I have quite a bit to share, life has been a mess since january and I'm really at the end of my rope here.

January I got what looked like ringworm on the back of my scalp, and had some extra rashy parts on my chest. I work in customer service so I figured someone didn't wash their hands and then gave me their money, blegh. I got ointment from a PA at an urgent care center, the rashes went away about a week or two later.

February was A MESS. I had what felt like the flu *twice*, horrible body aches & extreme fatigue. I took those homeopathic dissolvable flu remedy pellets but I got it again 2 weeks later, but this time it was only 1 week instead of 2. Finally went to the doctor after a month, she said I "probably just had 2 viruses." Ergh.

March/April seriously got my blood taken 3 times. Tested for the following: epstein barr/mono, lymes, thyroid, hepatitis. ALL negative. I was even told my blood was "perfect." Strange.

April I believe I also had a sinus infection, got amoxicillin for that, after 7 days my sinuses felt better but I was still exhausted. Literally THE DAY after I finished the amoxicillin my throat started swelling up. I was attempting to swallow the one-a-day womens vitamins trying to boost my immune system and they kept getting stuck in my throat. I legitimately thought I just had a pill stuck in my throat for a few days, I kept trying to push the sides of my neck but it never got better. Doc's tested me for strep which was negative so they just said it was probably a bacterial/viral infection and gave me a Z-pack which helped but yeah... *still* exhausted.

Wasn't sick for about a month, then decided maybe it was a good idea to get my tooth looked at. I had cracked a filling about 2 months before I made the dentist appointment & was told I needed a root canal. I went "hey maybe I keep getting sick because of this tooth infection, let's do this." Didn't help that I got sick about 4 days before the root canal, when he drilled my tooth I'm assuming all the bacteria went into the back of my throat because it was *completely* swollen for about 24 hours after the dentist. A week later I got the entire root canal done in one sitting, took amoxicillin for 7 days, loaded up on vitamins.... felt better for a few weeks.

Still have that constant exhaustion thing, no matter how many hours I sleep and I have realized that my throat has been constantly swollen for about 2-3 months now despite all the antibiotics. I have been getting weird throbby chest pains right inbetween my boobs for the last week, less scary than the heart palpitations I got randomly for 2 months but still scary. I thought maybe acid reflux/gerd, have been taking walmart brand prevacid for 10 days now .... throat's not better at all.

I did schedule a sleep study about 2 months ago b/c my doc suggested maybe I have a sleep disorder because well I *do* have breathing problems as well, I was having panic and anxiety attacks right after I started feeling tired all the time. Been taking stress b-complex & magnesium everyday for 5-6 weeks, panic and anxiety attacks have completely gone away, so that's a good thing. Only thing that really sucks is I quit the job that I have health insurance through, and just started my new job yesterday which I cannot get health insurance for a year. Sleep study is scheduled in 13 days, I don't know what to do, do those things tend to be horribly expensive without health insurance??

I keep getting a scratchy throat for a few days every couple weeks & take those homeopathic zinc dissolving tablets for 1 day and it goes away. I have a really weird feeling whatever is going on with my throat is causing the breathing/sleeping problems. I probably need to see an ENT doc/allergist too, but yeah.. again with the no insurance at my new job thing.

Anyone have any insight ?? Also been having horrible joint pain especially in my wrists (being a cashier for 2 years doesn't help), but then again I had 2 chunk's of time last year (june and october) where my wrists/hands were killing me.

I'm running out of patience, being tired all the time is starting to make me delirious, starting to make it hard to drive longer than 25 minutes at a time, making it hard to sit in a dark room and watch training videos, I almost fall asleep all the time. I am scared that one day I will fall asleep at the wheel and get into a car accident. If anyone has advice I would appreciate it ! Thanks.

Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply