It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

RikkiT HB User
Parasites and Chronic Fatigue

I'm new here, but I have been reading, and have not seen this mentioned. From 2005 to 2009, I was very sick. I had been diagnosed with lupus, but this was something very different. I had dizziness, extreme fatigue, horrible muscle pain, IBS so bad I was screaming in pain in the bathroom, itching all over, and strange scratches and sores coming up all over my body. I took every vitamin known to man, changed to a mostly raw diet, and just got sicker.

Finally, in desperation after trying everything the doctors could prescribe, I lost my insurance and had to try alternative medicine. Suddenly, my left eye started watering and I felt like something was moving around in it. I searched for my symptoms and found a site that talked about parasites. The symptoms were so similar to what I had, that I kept reading and researching. I finally decided to try a parasite cleanse, and found one that seemed well-liked and legitimate. It even had a forum online, so I ordered it, and was SHOCKED at the results. I was finding so many strange things, I finally saved enough to go to the doctor and took stool samples with me. In the meantime, I had started on my second round of the cleanse, and started having what looked like sand come out of my skin and the bottoms of my feet. Long scratches came up on my legs and arms. One night, when I was rubbing coconut oil on my arms, tiny white and black things started to emerge from my skin. I was terrified, but I scraped and collected them and took them in to the doctor.

After seeing all this, and getting the stool samples back, he called me in and asked me if I had been to any tropical countries. I hadn't, but FL is sub-tropical (where I lived). He told me that the test results had come back and that he wanted to give me one more test. In the meantime, he said, he wanted to put me on some medicine for parasites. It seems they had found tapeworm and hookworm eggs and segments in my stool samples, and the sample I had just brought him made him think I might have something even worse than that.

I had an ELISA test and they found Strongyloides stercoralis. I was treated with some very strong medicine that I thought would kill me, but it worked, and I started to feel alive again. I now take the herbal cleanse I mentioned twice a year. Strongyloides cannot be cured, because it is the only parasitic worm that can actually reproduce inside your body. This is called auto-infection. There are men who were infected in SE Asia during WWII that had the worm for over 50 years. It's a serious parasite. If you are hyperinfected, like I was, and don't get treatment, you can die.

Tapeworm is also becoming a huge problem in this country. I was infected with pork tapeworm. That was what was crawling around in my eyes, and if I hadn't gotten treatment, I could have gone blind. I had tapeworm cysts all over my body, but luckily, not in my brain.

I'm an extremely clean person, in fact, I'm crazy clean. I got the parasites when I lived on what used to be a farm. I evidently picked them up from the soil when I was gardening and doing yardwork.

I have made it my mission to inform as many people as possible about parasites. I do this for free in my spare time, and have no affiliation with any product I may recommend. Many times, I get attacked and laughed at, but I'm living proof that it's serious.

BTW, 70% of stool tests come back negative, because the process is so flawed. A negative stool test doesn't mean you don't have parasites. An ELISA test detects blood changes that indicate Strongyloides. There are other methods you can use to find out if you are infected, and I'll gladly tell you about them.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-08-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Please do not post contact information, or request off-board contact, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Parasites and Chronic Fatigue

It amazes me that doctors don't tell us about parasites. They can cause many conditions.

I too am trying to rid the parasite load. I truly see a difference in my lungs.

We are mammals, and low and behold it is soooo easy to get parasites, from eatting fish, pork, meat, walking on dirt, breathing in eggs...

And yes, tresting for parasites is not accurate in a lot of cases. Even in dogs/cats. Beings when they put the slide down in the stool sample it squishes them then they can be seen...crazy...

I have read, and will do parasite cleanse every six months for my animals. right now I am on a long term treatment for them. They are hard to get rid of...crazy.

Glad you brought this up!

Jodie

Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I know a young lady who had very similar symptoms, including horrific sores on skin, eye symptoms, large lymph nodes, things coming out of her skin like fibers, etc. She had a borderline + test for strongyloides after an entire year of every test known to man, and suffering terribly. Not something a Dr would normally think of. If anyone thinks they have this, a travel medicine clinic or infectious disease DR would be the most likely to be aware. Parasites also tend to cause high eosinophils in blood, which can be a clue.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Ladybug....have you read up on Morgellons? Reading about the fibers coming out of the skin, and sores...you/she might want to check into that.

Jodie

Reply Reply