It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

RikkiT HB User
Question about Chronic Fatigue and memory

I have lupus, so I thought I knew everything there was to know about CFS, but my roommate has had CFS for 20 years, and she does something that concerns me, mostly because her mother has dementia. She says things, then swears she never said them, and tells me I'm imagining it. I'm not. I don't hear her wrong. I've started listening very closely to what she says, but she swears it's just me misunderstanding.

She sleep 16-18 hours a day, I swear. I've tried to get her to have her thyroid tested, but she won't. She doesn't eat many fruits and veggies, because she says they upset her stomach, but she does take liquid vitamins and supplements every day. She is also on Celexa, but won't go to the doctor and see about having the dosage adjusted (She's been on a minimal dosage for many years).

I have brain fog with my CFS, but nothing like what she is experiencing. I'm very concerned that this is her going into dementia (she's in her 60's), but she just smiles and swears she's o.k. Of course, people with dementia don't know they aren't o.k., because they are demented, so that means nothing.

Just wanted to know if this is something other than the CFS and if I should be pushing her harder to see the doctor.

Last edited by RikkiT; 07-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Reply Reply