It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

PinkTwig HB User
No relief from anything

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly and I am 28 years old. I have a lot of health problems including chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Harrington rods in back from 1999 spinal fusion, anemia, TMJ, heart murmur, brain fog, anxiety , depression, dizziness and headachs/migrains. I'm having a hard time getting any relief and I'm trying to figure out if there is an underlying cause to why I feel so terrible everyday. My biggest problems right now are the constant fatigue and brain fog. I feel like I'm in a dream all day long. I am so tired that I have to sit on the bathroom floor before i get dressed after taking a shower. It's weird because it seems like no medications helps any of my problems for example meclazine doesn't help my dizziness, xanax doesn't make me feel any less nervous and metroprolol doesn't bring down my heart rate. I have tired supplements like fish oil, probiotics, noni juice and vitamin D, vitamin B makes me jittery. Also I have seen a chiropractor but no relief. My doctors keep going back to anxiety but it doesn't feel like I'm anxious but more like stress. My doctor said we might need to try a anti depressant but it seems like that will just make me more tired. I have been looking into adrenal fatigue because I have had a very stressful year and it seems like I have a lot of the symptoms has anyone ever taken the at home test for that? If anyone has any suggestions on what has helped them I would love some advice, it can be medication, supplements, diet, therapies anything. Thanks so much for your help. Also any advice on stress relief would help alot! Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: No relief from anything

I assume you have had your thyroid function tested because of the extreme fatigue? That is essential. I agree low adrenal function should be checked, and lupus as well. Brain fog can be part of that, as well as fatigue, anemia. Has your anemia been diagnosed as to type and treated appropriately? That certainly causes fatigue. You might want to check your BP as soon as you get out of shower. The warm water may be vasodilating, lowering your BP so much you have to sit or lie on floor. Do you get dizzy in shower like you are going to pass out or just extremely fatigued? I would shower sitting on a resin chair or stool. I have lupus, and have had this same problem with showering for a long time-have to lie down immediately in a towel before I can get dressed. Fibromyalgia is sometimes a precursor to lupus, so if has been awhile since you were checked for that, or never, I would ask Dr to do an ANA blood test, and review symptoms of it to see if anything else fits with you.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

PinkTwig HB User

Thank you so much for your reply. My thyroid was tested and came back negative. My anemia is under control now because I take Ferrous Sulfate 325mg 2x a day but I actually felt better when I was anemic than I do now. Do you know if the AF test you pay for online are accurate, Ibelieve they are arouns $200. I have done the at home test for AF like drawing a lone on your stomach and seeing what color it turns but they all come out tha I don't have AF which is weird since the symptoms fit me to a T. I do get dizzy in the shower, so Ihave it sit instead of stand. I'm sorry to hear you have lupus, I know I was checked for that but it has to be about 5 years now. Thank you so much for your help. I apprciate it very much!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would get a serum cortisol level and definitely repeat the lupus test at same time. If cortisol low or borderline, see an endocrinologist.

Reply Reply