It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

Lucy Loo99 HB User
tired of being tired

Hello,
I am a 32 year old mother of two. I have been suffering from the following symptoms since my diagnosis of Post Strep Glomerunepheritus in 2006: stiff muscles, joint pain, headaches, severe fatigue, night sweats, tingling hands/feet- poor circulation, stomach pain and bloating, Irritable bowel. In the last seven years I have been diagnosed with: Atypical Psoriasis (Diagnosed by biopsy in December 2005), Post Strep glomerulonephritis, Chronic Siunitus (Diagnosed in summer 2008),TMJ (Diagnosed in September 2009),Fibromailagia (Diagnosed in 2010) and Ulcerative Colitis (Diagnosed in May of 2012 by colonoscopy).

A brief summary of health history is as follows:
In November of 2006, while 20 weeks pregnant, I went into renal failure. I was given IV steroids and later, after a biopsy, was diagnosed with post strep glomerulonephritis. I was surprised by this diagnosis, because I never had a sore throat or any other signs of the illness.
After the birth of my daughter I noticed that my energy had yet to return and I was consistently feeling random aches/pains along with headaches. I went to our local walk in clinic and was diagnosed with Chronic Siunitus and was put on a couple rounds of antibiotics. The symptoms continued, although the intensity would wax and wane, and my stomach and bowels started causing discomfort.
I started seeking answers through a family practitioner who had me run through multiple tests, all showing that I was within normal ranges. In a period of two years I had a multitude of blood work to test for thyroid issues, auto immune diseases,, etc. After running all of these tests, and finding nothing conclusive, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and placed on Cymbalta.

They then referred me to a rheumatologist who ran multiple tests including RA, psoriatic arthritis and an ASO titer. All of the results fell within normal range except for my ASO titer which was over 800. He hypothesized that the elevated level of ASO may be what was creating my health problems. It had been over three years since my diagnosis of post strep glomerulonephritis, and I had not had any symptoms of an active strep infection since I was a child.

Over time the discomfort in my guts became more intense and consistent. I started to pass a very noticeable amount of mucus during my bowel movements. After starting to pass blood I was referred to GI. I was given a colonoscopy and diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis/Proctitus. After two months of being on Canasa I no longer have blood in my stool, but still have multiple bowel issues. Instead of mucus I am now passing a white and rubbery substance, I am experiencing achy pain in my stomach, and I have alternating diarrhea and constipation.

I feel like my body is falling apart. Tests have all been inconclusive, except for the elevated ASO wich has not gone below 800 in the last six years (even with multiple rounds of antibiotics, I am allergic to penacillan). Could the ASO be triggering all of these auto immune issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply