It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

daphnemajor HB User
Fatigue & Drugged Feeling

Hello All,
I'm new here. Hopefully one of you can help me out. My husband is the epitome of health: 27 years old, hates junk food, works out daily, and the doctors he has seen have told him he's fine. However, for the last few months he has been getting dizzy from standing or raising his head and has been fatigued. He also has lower back pain the doctor says is from a strain/sprain. A little over a week ago he began feeling like he was on a drug, a spaced-out feeling. This drugged feeling is bothering him the most.
He has had his blood checked for deficiencies, thyroid checked, and testosterone. Friday he had a CT scan of his sinus and meet with the ENT again tomorrow to review, but the ENT seemed doubtful that a sinus problem would be the cause of these feelings even though he has frequent (2-3 per year) sinus infections. We have been researching for days and I have came across the same 3 possible explanations:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Anxiety
Candida

ANY thought, suggestions, cures would be extremely appreciated. I cannot stand feeling helpless while he suffers all day, each day with this.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
(male)

eidolon echo HB User
Re: Fatigue & Drugged Feeling

I've been going through the same thing for a few years, I'm male and 29 years old. So far, the doctors haven't found anything for me. They are sending me to the neurologist next, but I am asking them to really focus in on my thyroid because I've read that it can cause problems even if it appears to be normal by the lab numbers.

I get drastically more fatigued after eating, but I wasn't aware of this for a few years. See if he gets worse for 1-3 hours after eating, then starts to pick back up (usually just in time to eat again, for myself).

Good luck to you two; I know how hard it is to bear this fatigue...

Last edited by eidolon echo; 08-29-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Clarity

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User
Re: Fatigue & Drugged Feeling

Has he ever been tested for a sleep disorder? I suffered similar symptons until I was finally diagnosed with sleep apnea. I am young, thin and do not snore so I was surprised as the diagnosis

Reply Reply