It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

collegeboy HB User
Unhappy Diagnosed With CFSIm Fed Up

I wake up, i don't feel refreshed. My brain, and my body, do not feel right. I get a heavy lethargic feeling that fluctuates throughout the day, most of the time its bad. I also have a dull but heavy pressure feeling behind my eyes that also fluctuates throughout the day. My brain hurts constantly throughout the day, i can only describe it as a dull pulsating feeling that is most noticeable on the sides of my head. Sometimes when i get up from sitting or laying down, i get this euphoric buzz feeling in my brain, and it make my body tingle. It only last for maybe 2-4 seconds, than it goes away. At my worse, I feel like i got hit by a bus. Theres no muscle pain, or tenderness, but my whole body feels rundown and completely exhausted. Concentration is hard for me, its like Im not always there or with it. I am NOT depressed, I cant stress that enough. I don't want to live my life like this, always feeling like this, always wishing i felt normal, always hoping that one day ill get better. I want to feel normal so I can actually ENJOY my life to the fullest. I just want to feel better again, like I used to. Its not fair for anyone to live their life like this. I hate talking about it with people, because they don't understand how I really feel. I need help. Tried prozac, failed. Doctors want me to take cymbalta, but because im 18, im afraid to experiment with drugs like that. My mother also has Fibro-Myalgia, my doctor said im genetically pre-disposed to this type of ailment.

The following user gives a hug of support to collegeboy:
MaynardsPet (09-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

mare50 HB User
Re: Diagnosed With CFSIm Fed Up

First you should get a sleep study to see if you have apnea. Go to a rheumatologist to check for Fibromyalgia, especially if your mom has it. Mine said I have Fibro but I've had Chronic Fatigue for 30 yrs. & only self-diagnosed because no one out there yet won't diagnose it. I agree with you not to get on drugs at this point...they probably won't help anyway. The government now recently acknowledges Fibro and people can apply for Social Security Disability if they can't work, which I was fortunate to get myself. I have debilitating CFS bouts for any length of time and then they gradually go away and I'm great. But travelling puts me right into bouts so I can't do that as much and if I ever travel again I have to do nothing every other day or just stay home, which I don't mind because I won't ever put myself through another bout by travel again. All the best.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

deb1125 HB Userdeb1125 HB User

So, CFS can subside at times and come back?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

mare50 HB User

Yes, for me it's been that way since 1985. I will have extremely bad bouts with complete weakness and huge headache as my 2 worst symptoms along with others. The it gradually goes away whenever it wants to as the symptoms ease up slowly. It can take 2 weeks to months. But after my strength returns completely I am just fine for as long as my body isn't put through times when my energy is compromised.

The Following User Says Thank You to mare50 For This Useful Post:
deb1125 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
(male)

RickinOH HB User

Take the Cymbalta. Its not really that different from the other antidepressants. They all affect neurotransmitters. And its not addictive.

I think you should keep trying the drugs that are out there until you feel better. One by one, go through the whole list. One of them may work for you. Good luck.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
(female)

MaynardsPet HB User

I'm not sure about other antidepressants but Trazodone taken nightly has helped me greatly with sleep. My back and hips hurt so much when I lay down that I have to be knocked out to get semi-refreshing sleep. I still wake up lethargic and drugged feeling, but its a vast improvement over waking up hourly from the pain.
I joined this forum for the support, because as you said, most people who aren't afflicted can't really grasp the idea of overwhelming fatigue. Good luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
chronic fatigue syndrome, fibro, help asap, teen health