It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
(male)

donsteror HB User
Extreme Fatigue, Brain Fog, Ringing in Ears, Head Feels 'Full'

I read a post that almost exactly mirrored my conditions. It was posted by GELACTICKIM.

I am a 51 year old man and my symptoms have been becoming increasingly worse the last 5 years.

Extreme Fatigue - I cannot explain to you how constantly tired I am. Every day is a struggle to get through. I take naps constantly and go to be early. I am miserable.

Brain Fog - I sometimes cannot even think and feel stupid. Everything seems confusing to me at times and I can't make sense of it. I have even read emails that I sent a week prior and can't make sense of them and wonder who wrote it. I am very confused at times.

Ringing in Ears - A constant loud ringing, always in my right ear and sometimes in my left. Like an electrical current or a million crickets at night in the desert. I can hear this even if other noises (TV, driving, anything...). I recently had an MRI. I have earphones listening to rock and roll and the MRI was making a ton of noise. I could still hear this constant ringing.

Head Feels 'Full' - My head (behind my forhead), between my ears feel 'full' or clogged. My hearing is not affected although I am sensitive to loud noises.

Tingling arms/hands and legs/feet. This comes and goes, but really feels awful and makes me want to take off my arms/legs once in a while.

I have other symptoms, but above is the primary list.

I have tried almost every anti-depressant known to man and even Lamictal to address bi-polar (a shot in the dark by a psychiatrist). Everything was worse.

The only thing that seemed to help for a while was Claratin-D 24-hour, but that only seemed to help for about 2 weeks and then things came back to horrible again.

I was tested postitive for Gluten sensitivity, and stopped GLUTEN 100% as of 6 weeks ago and no improvement.

I eat well, but have zero energy to exercise. It is difficult to concentrate to write this post. I take supplements religiously.

I am at my wits end and cannot continue to have this miserable quality of life. Every day is a struggle to get up and all I can think about is taking a nap.

This is not my normal self. I have always been full of energy and 'fun'.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would welcome them.

I have had numerous blood tests all of which say I'm 'normal' shy of a small vitamin D deficiency.

I just had recent tests for Lyme disease and also just had an MRI. No results back yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

mare50 HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue, Brain Fog, Ringing in Ears, Head Feels 'Full'

All the best to you. I've had CFS for 30 yrs. and it gets into a full-blown bout when I overdo. Nobody will consider to diagnose it because it hasn't been dealt with yet by professionals to invent the right test. I went to a rheumatologist and she diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. But when I'm having the huge bouts like I have had for over 2 wks now it's from the CFS. If you can't work anymore like me, then apply for SSD through Fibro, but of course you have to get a diagnosis. The government recognizes Fibro now, and hopefully someday this will be the case with Chronic Fatigue. I have all your symptoms and many more but not the ears ringing or the arms tingling. The bouts just leave when then want to. I've had a 4-month and then a 6-month medical leave so had to retire. Thank God I just received SSD before that. Hope the best for you.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I don't know what to say, but sometimes taking too many supplements can cause fatique, as it takes a lot of energy for the body to process many supplements. Since you still have great fatique taking the supplements, possibly you could consider not taking any supplements, (unless something is prescribed by your doctor), for a month or two and see what happens. At one time I was taking many supplements, and I never had more energy, but possibly less energy, (not to mention the expense of them). In addition, it helps to go to bed and wake up at exactly the same time every day. Since the naps don't seem to help, possibly you could eliminate them for a month or so and see how you feel. You may also want to get opinions from other doctors in your area, and get the most extensive bloodwork available.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

melody1 HB User
Question Re: Extreme Fatigue, Brain Fog, Ringing in Ears, Head Feels 'Full'

I received social security disability for CFS 15 years ago.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
(female)

mare50 HB User

Well that's really great. So glad you've been getting it so long, and for CFS! Good to know that was actually allowed that long ago by the government. Why do you think? Were you diagnosed, and by what kind of a doctor?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
(female)

melody1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare50 View Post
Well that's really great. So glad you've been getting it so long, and for CFS! Good to know that was actually allowed that long ago by the government. Why do you think? Were you diagnosed, and by what kind of a doctor?
I don't get it anymore as I over 65 and collect SS. I was diagnosed by doctors following the criteria and I had an exceptional lawyer. CFS is no joke.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
(female)

mare50 HB User
Talking Re: Extreme Fatigue, Brain Fog, Ringing in Ears, Head Feels 'Full'

Well I'm really glad you used to get the SSD and are now on regular SS. I have 3 more years for the regular. I was so very fortunate that I was approved in only 4 months and never had to see the government doctor, and didn't need a lawyer. My mom just died and I believe she pulled it through for me by her prayers, because I call it a miracle that it only took 4 months to hear back and was instantly approved. No, I was never diagnosed for CFS but only for the Fibromyalgia, so at least I had another doc for the application. I am so glad that you were actually diagnosed, and you are one of the few lucky ones out there in the CFS world! I only hope & pray for a diagnosis for CFS and of course a cure. Someday!!!!!! Let's hang in there.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Question Re: Extreme Fatigue, Brain Fog, Ringing in Ears, Head Feels 'Full'

Hi there! I am usually on the Fibromyalgia Board but was looking at this Board because I wonder if I have CFS. I have been exhausted for over a week. I can fall asleep sitting up right now. I can't drive when I feel like this and really don't need to right now. I was fired back in October due to my FIbro Fog even though on FMLA. Long story. I am currently collecting State unemployment benefits each week. My question is.....Can I apply for SSD while on unemployment? I am 59 yrs old and have been working since I was 14. But one of the questions on the unemployment form is: Are you able and available for work? Also question: Are you activley seeking work?

So if I want to be on SSD am I answering the questions correctly. I am seeking work, but would prefer the SSD. I just can't go on working fulltime anymore. It takes longer and longer for me to get up and moving in the morning! I am sooo tired all the time. Naps everyday. This week more naps. Bed by 8:30 - 9pm. When my husband comes home from work I am usually still sleeping. I take 3 and 4 hour naps, not an hour or half hour. This is why I am wondering if I have CFS or is this a Fibro Flare.

Not sure what to do.
Thanks for reading my rant...

Better Day All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Smallfaces HB User

The Full head is a classic symptom . Time to take it easy . Unfortunately , that's what your body is telling you . Believe me , I know.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #10
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

Sometimes taking too many supplements can cause fatique as well, as it can be very difficult for the body to have to process them. Possibly you could try NOT taking any supplements for about six weeks and see if you notice any improvement. You could always resume your supplements, if you do not notice any improvement.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
(male)

JerseyJoe52 HB User

I just wanted to reply to the original poster. Please know that you are NOT alone. I've been suffering with the exact same constellation of symptoms since at least 1980. I've had extreme ringing in my ears since 2000 and it has become progressively worse. I'm a 52 year old male and like you, I've investigated every avenue possible. In 1996 I was diagnosed with IBS, CFS, and Fibromyalgia. My problems became so severe that could no longer hold a "normal" job and I've had no other choice but to work for myself for more than a decade. I've got a medical file as thick as the manhattan phone directory but thus far my Dr.'s have not been very helpful or understanding. I try and take things day by day and just survive and I know what it feels like to be in pain 24/7.... it's no fun. Anyway, hang in there I wish you well and if it makes you feel any better know that you are not alone!

Best regards,

Joe

Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
(male)

JerseyJoe52 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSims View Post
Hi i've just popped in from drug interactions, have any of you ever been prescribed a fluoroquinolone antibiotic ? ciprofloxacin,levaquin,avelox there are more ,I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue years ago , fluoroquinolone toxicity is a very good chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia , M.E imitator .
Quite possibly yes. I had a very bad case of pneumonia when I was still living in the UK and ended up in hospital on IV heavy duty of course of antibiotics.

Haven't had any since and my problems still persist.

In my case I can trace nearly all of my problems back to a flight that I took from LHR to EWR. Shortly after I became very ill with a high fever. Upon return to the UK I was diagnosed with glandular fever. From that point forward my immune system has pretty much been ruined and all my problems seem to stem from that time.

Weird.

Cheers,

J

Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
(female)

Sherri Coffman HB User

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of all the problems you have had. I too had these symptoms. The doctors could never give me an answer to anything so I finally took the advice of a friend and went to a naturopath. That is an all natural doctor. She did testing and said that my pituitary gland, hypothalamus gland (which will cause you to feel foggy) and adrenal glands were not functioning properly. I began supplements with her and followed her directions and could see a huge improvement within three weeks. It took a total of about three months for me to get back to normal, but it was well worth the wait!!! There IS a solution to your problem!!! PLEASE check your area, talk to friends, etc. but find yourself a reputable naturopath and USE THEM!!!!! Chiropractors are good people to ask!!! Lots of chiros use naturopaths in their offices or refer people to nd's that they know, use. Good luck, I wish you all the best!!

Blessings,
Sherri

The Following User Says Thank You to Sherri Coffman For This Useful Post:
mare50 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
(male)

yoe91 HB User

hey there. I'm 27, and the symptoms described there are exactly like mine. And I do get worse BY THE DAY. I think it's adrenal fatigue, caused/causing candida.

Reply Reply

Tags
brain fog, clogged ears, fatigue, ringing ears, tingling limbs