It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

MaynardsPet HB User
Support?

I started developing symptoms a couple of months ago. I had been quitting cigarettes and figured the fatigue was related to that. Then I had to stop my regular exercise routine because I would be tired for hours afterwards. Muscle recovery time would last up to a week. Then the joint pain started. First it was the joints I had injured when I was younger, now its elbows, shoulders, hips. Doctor tested for RA and other ailments, all negative. We tried Neurontin for a couple of months, pain has only gotten worse. Taking Trazodone to help me sleep, if I miss a night I am in too much pain to sleep. Depression led way to smoking again. Currently on day 2 of no cigarettes. Husband is supportive but I feel like my whole life has been turned upside down, as if I had done something horrible and now I'm being punished for it. There is so much I want to do but I just sit and watch the days pass before me. And now for the past week, I have had such terrible nausea that even standing is troublesome. I try to talk to my husband about it but there is no way he can truly understand how debilitating this is. Haven't had the CFS diagnosis yet, waiting to get health insurance so I can see a Rheumatologist. What I need more than anything right now is support and a place to put in words the crazy things I've been feeling.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
(male)

RickinOH HB User
Re: Support?

What you are going through sounds horrible and I'm sorry you are having trouble finding support. Keep working with your doctor to find something that helps you. Its interesting that you responded to Trazodone and are sleeping better. So some things do work for you.

Also I'd encourage you not to just lay around. You'll get weak and lightheaded and only get worse. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply