It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
(male)

NVCFS HB User
Talking Where to go from here...

Hi.

Brief synopsys:

Last year had ER visit for heart palpitations/tachycardia (not irregular, but pounding heartbeat that races intermittently) and fatigue and insomnia. Was checked-out A-OK and released. Symptoms resolved within a short time.

May of this year, same deal. Only symptoms recurred intermittently, then in August symptoms recurred and did not resolve. Went through a period of extreme fatigue and insomnia of approx. 2.5 weeks with only 0-2 hrs of sleep per night. Had various tests done during this time (CBC, CMP's, Cortisol, TSH & T3, T4, urinalysis, cardiac ultrasound, cardiac stress test, etc.) and the only thing that turned-up was low testosterone and slightly high cortisol level. PCP prescribed 1cc cypionate (testosterone) once every 3 weeks, which has had no effect on anything (I don't believe this had anything to do with the symptoms, initially).

I have tried changing my diet, supplementing with vitamin C, B complex, D, etc., raising level of electrolytes (showed normal on two CMP's), taking both CoQ10 and Ribose powder and started taking St.John's Wort.

Still have extreme fatigue, brain fog, some difficulty sleeping and varying degrees of the palpitations. Also have an odd feeling in extremities as if it is a mild numbness. Not sure if this is because of some sort of metabolic process that is or isn't occurring properly.

The only previously existing conditions I have are a chronic sinus condition that has continued for around 12 years, and factor V Leiden genetic thrombophilia (the less serious homozygous form).

I'm trying to figure-out what to throw my $$ at next to try to figure this out. I have not been tested for hepatitis (my CBC and liver enzymes are normal), metal poisonings, etc.

Any advice would be welcome.

:-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply