It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cool703 HB User
Extreme Fatigue is ruining my life

About a month ago I was at a Saturday colorguard rehersal... for those of you that don't know what that is, it is the flag people in a marchcing band. After practice I felt tired. When I got home I layed down on the couch and I realized how bad it was. I didn't even have the energy to flip onto my back when I hit the couch. I layed down and stared for probably about 2 or 3 hours. I didn't want to go to sleep I just was zoned out. My mom tried to carry me upstairs but seeing how I am 15 and full of muscle she didn't get very far, but I couldn't move. I almost slept on the floor but after laying there I finally got the strength to crawl onto my bed.
I have been to several doctors many times. Cbc, cmp, and tsh all came back normal. I also got tested for mono and myasthenia gravis but both were negative. In december I had an upper respiratory infection and right after that I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma. I found out I didn't have exercise-induced asthma after a breathing test. I also have chest pains and this terrible cough I have had keeps comong back and isn't affected by antibiotics. I continue to miss school because of my chronic fatigue,loss of concentration, and sometimes blurry vision. My resting heart rate is 48 on a bad day but my cardiologist overlooked this and didn't give it any notice. An ekg was normal and my blood pressure is normal too. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cool703 HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue is ruining my life

I forgot to mention that I am an otherwise healthy teenager and I was always active and diong sports since I could walk including dance, soccer, track and swimming... until now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi I have chronic fatigue and addison's disease (causes fatigue too) and was prescribed Modafinil which is a general for Provigil. its given to those with sleep apnea to help stay awake I take it on days I have drs appts or have to drive far. talk to your dr. about it maybe Cathy

Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would really question whether your thyroid is, in fact, ok. Fatigue this severe can be from thyroid or adrenal deficiency, but the pulse of 48 is a clue that your thyroid may not be functioning right. I would get a copy of your labs and post them, and make an appointment with an endocrinologist. Your thyroid tests should include antithyroid antibodies to check for an autoimmune problem. I would also get a CK muscle enzyme test on blood if this fatigue is combined with muscle weakness.

Reply Reply