It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
Inactive
(male)

kingsb HB User
Re: Extreme fatigue for years - still no diagnosis

UPDATE:

I found a new Naturopath - the highest rated one in my city. He suspected something and sent me for blood tests. The blood tests came back and he now plans to diagnose me with hyperinsulinemia.

I haven't done any research on this yet, but from what I see I'm overproducing insulin or I am insulin resistant and it accumulates in my blood. Either way, this is the first time I've come close to a real diagnosis since the beginning so it's quite exciting.

Has anyone dealt with hyperinsulinemia before and has any advice?

After my doctor's visit I'll probably have further details to post.

Thanks again!
Ryan

Last edited by Administrator; 04-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #32
(male)

eattrig HB User

Ryan,
What have you learned recently? Was hyperinsulinemia the culprit? What happened with your Candida diet? I'm still trying to solve my problem, and you're the only one I've ever found that has "itchy" eyes like I do.

Another thing - you implied you quit smoking at some point. Is that true? Did your issues begin around that time? I smoked for about 15 years, then quit in Oct 2008. My symptoms started around Jan 2009 - about 3 months later. I've always wondered if starting again would solve my problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
Inactive
(male)

kingsb HB User

Hi eattrig,

I've been waiting to update this post because I'm working on another theory with my Naturopath, but since you're looking for an update:

The Candida diet didn't end up resolving my issues. It did work wonders for my digestive health, though, so I wouldn't say it was a waste of time.

I was diagnosed with hyperinsulinemia by my Naturopath. He also found out that my liver enzymes were all way off base and that a deeper problem existed.

He believes I might have Lyme disease, so I've been put on long-term antibiotics. I've had some severe reactions to the antibiotics, which is a good sign that I actually do have the disease. I'm going to take a test with a lab in California called IgeniX soon (they're apparently the most reputable Lyme testing lab in the US) to make sure it is Lyme.

Since my doctor took me off of the Candida diet and put me onto a diabetic diet I've noticed that I rarely get itchy eyes anymore. My theory is that the abundance of insulin in my blood was causing the itchy eyes, and now that I'm on a diet very low in sugars and starches (I was allowed rice on the Candida diet, which is primarily starch), I have less insulin in my blood to cause the itchiness.

You may want to ask your doctor about getting a standard glucose tolerance test. It's how they test for type-2 diabetes. Basically you fast overnight, then they give you a huge dose of liquid sugar, and they test your insulin levels and blood sugar levels for the next few hours. Perhaps if you are pre-diabetic or have some type of metabolic syndrome it is causing the itchiness? Sorry but I'm not a doctor either - and it's been one educated guess after another since I started my journey.

I don't think the smoking would have anything to do with it. Starting smoking again would probably cause many other detrimental effects - even if your eyes stopped itching - lol.

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 10-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #34
Inactive
(male)

kingsb HB User
*** update ***

UPDATE:

Turns out it was Lyme disease after all. Not just Lyme disease, but possibly two additional "coinfections" - one called Babesia and the other called Ehrlichia.

It's disturbing how many people I've met that previously thought they had chronic diseases like CFS, Fibromyalgia, MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimer's and even terminal ALS - all ending up being treated for Lyme disease and its coinfections, and doing much better. Especially the one with supposed ALS - going from almost complete paralysis to complete restoration of his motility.

I wouldn't call it a full on conspiracy, but mainstream medicine is absolutely ignoring the epidemic of chronic Lyme disease that is affecting hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of people. Instead, many of these people are being categorized with other chronic diseases - ones which they'll readily admit they have no clue as to what causes them. Seems that infections could be at the root of many mystery chronic illnesses, but mainstream doctors are unwilling to try antibiotics for fear of losing their licenses.

I even helped my ex girlfriend discover that after 5 years of being diagnosed with MS it turns out all of her symptoms are caused by Lyme as well!

Thanks for all your help!
Ryan

Last edited by Administrator; 10-03-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
chronic, fatigue, lethargy