It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
(male)

kevincal HB User
Have cronic pain,ketamine nasal spray worked amazing well for 2 months,stopped workin

I know people who aren't familiar with this drug put such a stigma on it but I was completely out of pain,no more cronic fatigue, and no brian fogg all of which I have had for 27 long years. It was amazing,had no side efffects, it just stopped working after 2-3 months. Just wondering if there is anything that might be along the same lines. Please let me know. Thia massage is the only pain relief that I can get know and only lasts short term.

Last edited by kevincal; 07-22-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: mispleling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User
Re: Have cronic pain,ketamine nasal spray worked amazing well for 2 months,stopped wo

Ketamine is some really good stuff for pain. I didnt know they Rx'd in a nasal spray thats a new one on me. I know they do a ketamine coma to reboot someone with RSD. I also use it on my horses as a sedative on a rare occasion. Whats the name of the spray?

Jon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
(female)

rphfritz HB User
Re: Have cronic pain,ketamine nasal spray worked amazing well for 2 months,stopped wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodom1979 View Post
Ketamine is some really good stuff for pain. I didnt know they Rx'd in a nasal spray thats a new one on me. I know they do a ketamine coma to reboot someone with RSD. I also use it on my horses as a sedative on a rare occasion. Whats the name of the spray?

Jon
It is not manufactured commercially, it is compounded by a few pharmacists. If it really works, it will be seen more, if not, the fad will fade.

P---

Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
(male)

kevincal HB User

This is not a fad as it had been used for years. In fact in was used back in the Vietnam War. It was used alot in the delivery of babies as it has much less side effect as morphine. In fact it is shown to be non addicting. Any compounding pharacist can formulate it. I take the 10 percent spray & dont do a full spray but use it every hour as the pain cycle for me seems to be about an hour. Be careful at first not to over take as it will knock you out. Work up to it slow.This wil only be a bridge or shoert term as it will loose much effectiveness after 3 months. I check on internet with other case and the 3 months seems to be the case with other people. My cronic fatique was lifted immediately. This really helped to understand my pain was as this was the first time I had been without pain since teenager....lets just say over 25 years ago.I got organized, started to read, enjoy life,relax, foods tasted better,relief from the tightening muscles on my sholders,neck and back-I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my back. People really dont realize all the symptoms on this cronic pain. I hope we draw nearer and near to some relief. I know we all go through our journeys differrently and feel mine will get better and better towards the end ,eventually in complete relief.

Last edited by kevincal; 07-25-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
(male)

Englishman006 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincal View Post
I know people who aren't familiar with this drug put such a stigma on it but I was completely out of pain,no more cronic fatigue, and no brian fogg all of which I have had for 27 long years. It was amazing,had no side efffects, it just stopped working after 2-3 months. Just wondering if there is anything that might be along the same lines. Please let me know. Thia massage is the only pain relief that I can get know and only lasts short term.
Hi kevincal, i'm looking into ketamine nasal spray. I have ADD, social anxiety and depression but do not suffer with chronic pain. In your post you state that the ketamine nasal spray stopped working. Did it stop working for both the pain and the brain fog?
Thanks in advance,
Shaun

Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostmary HB User

I use it as a compounded cream that I put on my feet. I use it once a day, and it really does help the pain. I've been using it for about 3 months, and it really does help. I've not tried the spray, but I figure as long as it work as is, I will stay with it.
Mary

Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
(male)

hippydave HB User

hi guys, i'm new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodom1979 View Post
I know they do a ketamine coma to reboot someone with RSD.
i just learned about this ketamine-induced coma treatment (as a lot of people probably have, from the tv show 'house' ), and have been googling to find out if it applies to other forms of chronic pain besides rsd. it looks like the answer is sadly no, can you/anyone confirm that?

silver lining tho, the googling also led me to find out about ketamine nasal spray as a treatment for cfs/me (which is what i have), and that it can not only help the pain but also the fatigue. i feel safe to assume this requires a prescription, and am wondering if it's ever prescribed as a treatment anywhere besides the US. specifically does anyone know, is there any chance of getting this treatment in the UK? actually, same question about topical ketamine gel if anyone knows about that.

ok one more question - what is the dosage used in the nasal spray for this purpose (cfs/me)?

thanks!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
(male)

kevincal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishman006 View Post
Hi kevincal, i'm looking into ketamine nasal spray. I have ADD, social anxiety and depression but do not suffer with chronic pain. In your post you state that the ketamine nasal spray stopped working. Did it stop working for both the pain and the brain fog?
Thanks in advance,
Shaun

Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #9
(male)

kevincal HB User

It stoped for both. soory to tkae so long to get back. My mother passed and I am also totally depressed that I am now in so much pain. I still use it as it seems to help very minimally.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I'm sorry for your loss. My mom passed away on Easter sunday and I still can't believe it. The guy who invented the word 'closure' was an idiot. There is no such thing. Take care and remember that everyone grieves at their own pace. Some days are bad and some days are worse.~Mush

Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User

I also use it as a compounded cream with other ingredients and I have to admit it is fantastic. With all the other meds I am on for chronic pain I was sceptical when the doc mentioned it to me. He said to use it as I would if I was to get trigger point injections. The one problem area for me that for some reason my meds just won't touch is my tailbone. I've been diagnosed with coccxdynia( either that or I am being called a pain in the **% ) and it worked like a miracle. Go figure.

Melissa

Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
(female)

mertee HB User

So did you maintain the improvements that you had gotten from the ketamine?

Closed Thread