It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Unhappy Need some extra support and prayers

I know there seems to be something going wrong with me as soon as I get something fixed I have been having problems with my ankle and it especially got worse after I slammed it into the bottom edge of my car(yes I got mad at my dog since he wasn't getting in the house and I got in the car in a big huff and puff and slammed it). I have had problems with the joint for awhile because it continuously pops (the ankle joint on the outside of my left foot). It probably has something to do with using just my left foot to drive with for the last 3 years which puts it into an odd angle. Anyway, I made an appointment with a podiatrist tomorrow to get the ankle checked out. I am just really sad and disappointed today that I am enduring another problem and more pain. I really need all of you guys support right now. I think that I may have chipped the ankle bone or fractured a couple of weeks ago and you know me just kept on pushing myself and ignoring it (along with taking more meds). I just want you guys to pray for me ok?

brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Need some extra support and prayers

Brian, I'll keep you in my prayers, I hope your appt. goes well tomorrow and maybe the damage is not so bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

Brian, you are in my thoughts. From what I understand, ankle problems can be difficult and slow to recover from. There is just so much going on in those joints, as you probably already know from your foot problems. You certainly don't need this on top of the issues you already have. Be careful with yourself! It's good that you have an appointment now, and are not waiting for it to take you over the edge. I hope you are not already there. I appreciated your response when I was having a bad day, and I just want you to know that I am here today for a while and am sending good thoughts your way.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Brian: Consider it done, my friend. You know that's what we're all here for. I will be sending you good thoughts and praying for the pain, both physical and emotional, to give you a much needed break. I know how common it is to be hopeful one day and hopeless the next. I think it has a lot to do with what we all currently discussed in your post about acceptance.

It is such a big part of the CP battle. As, so many said, you are not alone in the over-doing. It's hard to feel "normal", when we are all so obviously not.

Hang in there and I hope the podiatrist can give you some relief, cmpgirl

Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Brian, my heart goes out to you.
I am glad you go to see your DR. Don't worry right now, it may be nothing serious. Please, let me know why and mostly HOW do you drive with your left foot?
I have nerve damage in my right leg/foot and I don't drive for 3 years now (I missed so much to be independent) but due to this condition it dangerous for me and others on a road. So I would like to know how do you do it.

Good luck to you and lets hope for the best. And always remember: we are here 24/7 to help each other, don't hesitate and vent...

((((( ))))))

Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
(female)

Katirina HB User

Brian, I will keep you in my prayers. Don't knock yourself out for something that happened and try not to worry. Years ago I heard that 80% of the things we worry about don't happen and besides that God does not want us to worry but depend on Him. I actually stayed home from work and have not done one productive thing today and I know my husband would be glad because we always try to do too much. I will pray that all goes well at your appointment.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Brian, you got it, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be thinking of you and please write us back about your appt. I know it seems like it is one more thing after another, and I know that is how I feel day after day too.

Kassandra

Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Please, let me know why and mostly HOW do you drive with your left foot? I have nerve damage in my right leg/foot and I don't drive for 3 years now (I missed so much to be independent) but due to this condition it dangerous for me and others on a road. So I would like to know how do you do it.
I can tell you it was not easy in the beginning but I forced myself to do it since any amount of pressure would cause the pain to get alot worse in my right foot. I basically just put my left foot over so that it is on the gas pedal and of course it is in a strange angle with being bent to reach the pedal. It is easier to reach the brake pedal with my left foot. You can do it, it just takes some practice. I got to the point that no one would ever know that I drove with just my left foot unless they looked down or I told them. Give it a try but make sure you have some room around you and I would suggest doing it in an empty parking lot. You don't want to be behind someone and mistake the gas pedal for the brake pedal

brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 03-26-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Brian, I am sorry to see the join "the one thing after another group" but we are all in this together, you have been wonderful not only to me but everyone, I am sure I speak for us all when I say we are here for you & definantly in our prayers. It gets so easy to get overwhelmed & just fed up, but imagine those who don't have all this support we get from each other. Thank god we all do. I hope it gets better for you & good luck with the doctor. Sammy

Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Hey Brian. Good luck with your doctor appointment. The prayer for you has happened. I suggest checking Philippians 4:6-7. It is not easy but it does work.
Fred

Old 03-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey Brian~
Hang in there and let us know what happens at your appt. Ill be thinking about you~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

I had to cancel my appt and reschedule for tomorrow. I was really not feeling well yesterday and decided to get some sleep so I could make it to work. It was a toss up, either force myself to to go the appt and not go to work, or reschedule the appt. and go to work. I made the latter choice because if I miss any more work, more than likely, I will be fired.

brian

Closed Thread