It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Hurting Big-Time.....Need Some Prayers and Support Please

Hey everyone, I have been trying to log on here and there, but I'm in a world of hurt right now. I tripped over one of my furry children yesterday and either one of my many problem discs finally blew, or I wrenched the heck out of my back. If I didn't love the little feline booby trap so much, I would have booted him out the front door. Hubby almost did.

I'm on the couch or in bed most of the time right now and if this doesn't get better in the next 24 to 36 hours, I'm on my way to the ER. I feel like my spine is in a vice and the surrounding muscle and tissue are on fire. It hurts to breathe. Please know I am thinking of all of you who are going through a difficult time right now, but just wanted to let you know I will be here in spirit and continue to pray for all.

I'll try to keep you posted, when I can stand to sit for a bit. If you can, please say a little prayer that this isn't long term. Take care and God Bless, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Hurting Big-Time.....Need Some Prayers and Support Please

Cmpgirl.....My prayers and wishes are with you. Hope you feel better soon.

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

(((cmpgirl)))) your in my prayers and thoughts ,let us know how your doing
ladybuggy

Old 05-24-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Darn it!!! We are not doing well as a group are we?? I am so sorry sweetie and I will be continuing to lift you up in prayer. Please know that I care and I wish I could come over and at least prop my feet up and chit chat with you.

(((Hugs)))) please feel better soon.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

cmpgirl,

I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain, I hope and pray that it will settle down after a few days. I can feel your pain, and I am annoyed that it was one of your small little friends, I think I would have joined your husband in booting it out the door (sorry).

I hope you are feeling much better my the time you read this. Take care.

I loved your expression of your little feline booby trap.

round1

Old 05-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

cmp, Let us know if you go into ER. Geez I wish there was something I could do, you have helped me so much. What a weekend for everyone. I am going to try to be careful here. I hope this does not last for you. I am already praying for you. Sammy

Old 05-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

cmp:

I'm sorry you feel so awful. I am praying for you, and as always, LOUD!! Hope it is MUCH better for you soon.

Blessings,

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 05-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

cmpgrl,

Oh sweetie! I am so sorry that this happened. I have some furry friends too and I know sometimes they just get in the wrong place for us humans.

Cmpgrl, Please do not wait to long to go to the ER. If there is something really wrong in there it is better to be addressed quickly.

Pepper your right...we are all not doing well as a group.

Cmpgrl, your in my prayers as always and I am here to support you as best I can.
I will send out some special prayers now. I hope this will not hang around long and you can get back to the way things were.

Lord, Please watch over our friend! She needs you right now to carry her through this to the other side. Wrap your loving arms around her and her family during this time and keep them safe.

Chrissy

Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey all, Thank you so much for the kind words and the prayers. I am on the couch this lovely Sunday a.m. wishing I was out on my deck soaking in the sunshine. Hubby said he would go to (major discount retailer) and look for one of those zero gravity type lounge chairs for me, so I can go out there and have something more comfortable to sit in. I am so blessed....he takes such good care of me.

I slept last night with the help of the klonopin that my psych Rx'd recently for me, and I may take a half today too, as it seems to help with the additional pain. I have had 9 mild to moderate herniations at all 4 levels for several years, and I've been lucky, so far. But as I'm sure many of you know, it doesn't take much for one of these to rupture. I am really thinking this is more of a muscular issue though, especially since the klonopin is helping.

I hope everyone is having a decent holiday weekend. We were supposed to go to my niece's house for a cookout, but it looks like I'll be hanging out here. It won't be the first time, and hubby will bring me home a plate, so I'll manage. God Bless you all for your concern and I hope everyone is getting the relief that you all so greatly deserve. Take care and I'll try to check in later. Hugs to all of you, CMP/MM

Old 05-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Just another reason for the outlawing private ownership of cats!
Please take care CMP, and get better soon.
Fred

Old 05-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Girl!
You have got to watch your kitties. haha...I have three little doggers myself and i just barely manage to get into the door when I come home on both feet. They get so excited and I know one day its going to happen.
I did trip over my black lab a few years ago. blew out my knee for the 6th time and had to have an ACL graft. I was going down the stairs and she came behond me and tried to pass me. It was horrible. she couldnt help it. And yes, shes still with us.
Its a beautiful day here. Some of my golf buddies have flown in from Texas, so we are all going to have a get together this afternoon. I need it, just to relax.
I hope you can get out in the sun and enjoy the plate hubby brings you. Hang in there, and Ill check back in on you tonite!
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

CMPGirl,
i learned in a hard way how careful we should be when you have a dog in a house. My son has 2 cutiest tiny dogs, I love when he brings him over, but once i did same thing you did and hurt myself badly too; but luckly not the back, but knee and shoulder.
I wish you to recover soon and hopefuly nothing serious is going on.
I am pretty sure you know about ice or moist heat if better and a lots of rest.

Please, sweetie, let us know what is going on.
Best wishes to you...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

You need to borrow my dog, she has taken to alerting everyone that I am up from my chair by looking at me and barking when I get up. It is the funniest thing. She follows me closely behind and yaps. It is the craziest thing. I guess she senses that things are not right with me and is looking out for me or something. Then I have my second dog, who I have had to put a bell around his neck, he loves to be under my feet. I have found this bell to actually help me significantly and it might be something you can try.

Anyhow, I pray that you were able to enjoy some sun and the good weather outside. Here in Northern VA it was a gorgeous day and it looks like all next week will be in the 80's.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Cmp,

Sending prayers your way. So sorry to hear about your pain. Love my menagerie too, and wouldn't dream of getting rid of a single one, but they do require a lot of upkeep and get underfoot...

Keep us posted on how you're feeling--hoping for the best, sweetie!

Tex

Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hi all, Just a quick update. I felt so horrid earlier that I did something I've never done before. I called my PM's service and asked for a call back. God Bless this man. He called me back within 1/2 hour. I apologized profusely and told him what happened. After talking about 10 minutes and answering his questions, he agrees that this is muscular. So he advised me to continue what I am doing (moist heat, ibuprofen, staying reclined...the usual) and to add BT meds, up to 3 more per day. He knows I have an emergency kit with extra meds, so this shouldn't be a problem. I told him not to freak out when I hug him at my next appointment.

He also said to continue with the Klonopin, since it is helping with both sleep and pain. He said if I don't see any improvement or the pain worsens, to go to the ER. He is of the opinion that this will probably take time and TLC and I agree. So, it looks like I am on "go slow" for a while. I tried using my laptop from the couch earlier today and I just couldn't get comfortable, so for now I will bring my pillows out to the desk and check in when I can.

I've taken my Klonopin and am heading to bed. Thank you all so much. I don't know what I would do without you. God Bless you all and here's a big group hug, CMP/MM

(((((PM friends)))))

Closed Thread