It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Deperate Times & Chronic Pain

As a cper we are often faced with many emotions: disappointments, anxiety, depression, desparation, low moments, lonliness, feel that we are a burden to others, useless, unbearable chronic pain, lack of family support, broken marriages, rude medical staff, and cruelty by doctors who suddenly decide not to provide pain meds, etc.

Because of all these feelings and being shut off of their pain medications suddenly, someone I have communicated with over the past year or so, suddenly decided to end their life and PRAISE GOD their spouse found them in the nick of time and they have survived. Thank you Jesus!!

I am sharing this with you to make an impact on someone. If you are feeling alone due to your chronic pain, I want you to know that you are never alone. The members of this board understand what it is like to live with chornic pain and deal with similiar feelings at some point or another. We are here to encourage you or want to help you come up with some possible suggestions to your problems but first you have to take that initial step by reaching out and talkng to us. We are only a key stroke away!!

Lastly, if you are feeling desperate and are contemplating suicide, this is an emergency situation and I urge you need to call 9-1-1, see your doctor, call a friend, or tell a pastor ASAP -- please don't do something that will cause your friends and family a lifetime of pain. You are important to many people.

Last edited by ms_west; 06-11-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Deperate Times & Chronic Pain

Yes, I am okay. My point in posting this is simply say chronic pain is the hardest thing to deal with and there are many ups and downs. Just don't give in and remember we are here for EVERYONE on the boards even those lurkers.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

kim46 HB User

I agree 100%. I once half joked about it.

Great post because I do know someone who decided suicide was the ticket.

I'm glad your friend is ok. My chiro even said to me "pain is perception and some will blow their brains out while others muddle through", I repeated this to him at the next visit and he apologized.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Over the years I have had several medical people tell me 'pain is not fatal'.

I always replied, 'Oh yes, it is, they just write 'suicide' on the death certificate.'

I would usually have to follow this with 20 minutes of convincing them that I myself was not suicidal, but it is certainly an occupational hazzard of CP and I can totally relate to the feeling of 'I just want it to stop'.

This is the #1 reason that I take this board so seriously, I think we prevent the kind of despair that can lead to someone attempting to take thier own life, its very scary but its a fact of our lives that some of us just get to where we cant take it anymore.

Please remember to watch CP people, listen for the 'jokes' about ending it, and offer help and support to everyone who comes here, which is what you guys do best.

I am so proud to be part of such a caring group of people, it stinks that we have to be in pain in order to end up meeting, but I am thankful every day to have you all in my life.

Is there a way for us to ask the mods to add a sticky post for the PM boards, where to ask for help if you are feeling suicidal? maybe we could put up a 24 hour suicide prevention hotline link.

I dont know what the precentage of CP folks who attempt suicide is, but I know almost every one of us has had the thought cross our minds at one low point or another, even if we would never do it.

Great thread Pepper, thank you so much and I hope your friend gets the help they need. How are you doing? better I hope, thanks again for the great thread.

Hugs, Fabby

Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

God bless you Pepper! Never ending pain causes despair, & plays physical & emotional havoc with a person. With so little understanding & support out there & alot of that coming from the medical field, the one area you should be able to turn for help.
You know many think of along those lines. People have come on this board desperate. Some take advantage of the unconditioal support & caring people, others drift away. I have often thought about some of those people. Worried.

Fab, you are so right. Although suicide goes against my beliefs I fully admitt feeling desperate at times in the past, wondering if I am more of a burden to my family, & begging the doctors for help. Not everyone is blessed with someone in their lives that care. Lets face it pain can do things to a persons thinking. I think it is an excellant ideal to put something up for those who are in need of help.
Anti depressants caused me to think along those lines, not everyone can take something to help pull them out of depression.
I have often said these boards are my saving grace. I hope others can come on & feel the same. There is no shame in needing support. Bless you all, Sammy

Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I love this board and each and everyone of you on it. When no one else understands, I can turn on my computer and see how you will handle it and read how other cpers struggle. I know I am never alone....I have you. Thank you for being here my friends.

I believe they realize how hurtful this attempt was on family and friends. Right now they are getting help they need. Thank you for caring.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Wow Pepper, I just logged on and saw this thread. I am so very sorry that your friend is in so much physical and emotional pain. I am relieved that someone found them in time. It is obvious that God has other plans for this dear soul. I have had days when I have felt like giving up, but somehow, He always had a way to help bring me out of the darkness and I am grateful every day for that.

Please know that I am praying for your friend and for all of us who struggle with the hopelessness and guilt that living with daily pain can bring. I pray we can all find that light when we need it the most. Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you in their life.

Take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything. This has to be such a shock. God Bless. I am sending warm hugs, CMP/MM (((((Pepper)))))

Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey everyone!!

Pepper I am so sorry to hear of your friend. I am glad that they were found in time and are now getting the help they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpgirl View Post
Wow Pepper, I just logged on and saw this thread. I am so very sorry that your friend is in so much physical and emotional pain. I am relieved that someone found them in time. It is obvious that God has other plans for this dear soul. I have had days when I have felt like giving up, but somehow, He always had a way to help bring me out of the darkness and I am grateful every day for that.
Ditto!
Thanks cmpgirl for reminding me once again that God has other plans for me and everyone else. I too have had those day where I just want it to go away and not return so I can continue my life like none of theinjuries and pain ever happened. During those dark times God always seems to help me return to the "right side up position" It does take some work on my part, but I alwasys seem to make it htere somehow.

Thanks for this post Pepper!

I want to tell everyone thank you so much for your support. I too know that when I am having trouble, just like the most recent thing that upset me, that I may come to the board and you all will be here to support me and help me through. This community that we have here...all of us connected by the common pain thread, is one of the most caring, loving and compassionate group of people I have ever encountered.
Thanks to you all! (((((((((hugs for all))))))))

Your friend Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 06-12-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Closed Thread