It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Round1...

Round,
how are you doing? I did not read your posts lately and got worry about you.
Are you OK?
How are your meds working for you?

Thinking of you...
M.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Round1...

HOney,
are you OK? The fact that you are not here makes me worry...

Anybody knows what is going on with Round1?
Please let me know...

Take care,
M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Moldova, she posted on the pm board to you here

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=624683[/url]

Old 08-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Hi Moldova, and thanks diet.

I dont know where I am posting lately...... I normally find I am at home more in Pain Management and then I knew there was Chronic Pain some where but then couldnt find it on the Index... then discovered it was on the top of pain management and got into it........ sorry if that sounds confusing. Well Moldova I sent out a thread to you wondering how you were. Then I saw today your latests update. I must try and read up and see if I can get any info on it, but I know you have already and I am sure procedures etc are far more advanced over there than here. I really just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. Then it turns out you were also.

You asked in your post how I was doing. Well, I had a weeks holidays and came back and kind of posted it better get better for the next break which was last week. We went to the west of Ireland, I love going down there but find the journey a wee bit long (2hours ! as you know sitting sitting !) so only go for long weekends or extend it out a few more days. I found this time down there I was able to stay up longer and walk further, alright one night I kind of over did it after being in the restaurant for 90min went to the park and the pier which was another hour and found the walk up a hill bad. But heat and rest I was fine the next morning.

I did see a big difference going there now in August, than i did in May. So really the change in the meds taking them every six hours has really really changed things for the better for me. I actually have found this week I am getting longer out of the back. I was actually doing normal things. I collected my son from the summer camp early and found he had got some insect bites from the sand and needed to get them seen to. Normally my husband would have to bring him, because of the sitting and waiting etc. I did it.......... I was so happy, it is hard to explain the feeling to people when they dont understand how limited I was not been able to bring your son to the dr.

This friday I collected my son and we headed off, I was out nearly 3 hours. My husband and come home and got the shopping list and had headed off to do the weekly shop. Normally I am waiting and counting the hours for when he would be home early so I could go and lye down and they would head off doing the shopping. He was thrilled to to see that I am able to do so much more. I know they are only small little things, but that is all I want. My mountains or only little hills to normal people............. but to do normal stuff is all I ask. So I am hoping now that I will enjoy this break like the others.
I would love to go on the sun holidays but I must say I have enjoyed our breaks around Ireland, and i know flying, waiting and airports are along way off so i am just making the most of what I can do and enjoy the weeks here and there before the school starts back.

At the moment I am taking 20mg of Oxycontin x 3. I do every six hours, so then I have taken my last one about 10 or 11 at night and then nothing till I wake which is 9 or 10. I tried every 8 hours and no not as successfull. I know ideally as Ex has said in a post to keep the levels up I should be taking during the night but I dont have a script to allow me to do that. Also my best time is the morning, its as the day goes on.......... but once I am lying down I get relief and have no pain. So sleeping thankfully has been fine. I might go to bed at 11 or 12 and wake at 8 or 9 or later, so then when i wake I start the oxycontin. also 35mg of Amytriptlyne morning and night. I find the combination of the two good. Doing one without the other not as good.

So that is me in a nutshell sorry for rambling, but its our nature to have the gift of the gab !!!!. take care my friend, and I am thinking of you.
Round1

Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Round1,
this was balsam for me to hear that you are achieving your "little hills".
One step at the time, that is what we can do. Thank God we can make this step, right?

Always was my dream to visit your country. We were watching the movie couple of years ago and they show how green, how beautiful in there... Many US people who went as tourist, they say it's something to see.
But like you said airports, lines, check - ins not for us anymore. I am from Europe also, all my family there. I used to go and visit them in my "good life" every year, unless they would come to visit me sometimes, but now this is just a dream. I miss them so much, but no way I can take 26 hours ride with connection flights, waiting in between in airports - I wish I could again.

I understand that your meds works OK for you, correct? Even though I feel it may be not enough for someone else, but if it's working for you - so glad to hear, sweetie.

With me no end; i feel like a big snow ball gets bigger and bigger.
Like my first spinal fusion opened a box of warms. LOL

I wish you that you "hills" get higher and higher in time, just take it easy...

With love,
Moldova

Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Hi Moldova, yep keep taking one step at a time. Mind you I have been very slack on doing my exercises in the last week so need to get back into doing them. Today I was just saying I had been very good without doing the exercises then i was wondering were they just causing more pain. But then I kind of said if I dont keep moving my joints etc they will seize in years to come, and it just kind of got me thinking of later years and the state of my back and joints then. But as you said one step at a time !!!!

You mentioned about your dream of coming to Ireland. Well yes the countryside is beautifull but the weather is awfull. We had a few sunny days in May. Since then we have rain, and dull cloudy days, we had the wetest July in History, and August now is no better. As I type it is lashing rain, and the forecast for the week is rain !. Was the movie you watched the "Quite Man" where this american married a firey red head. John Wayne and Maureen O'hara. Or "Ryans Daughter" .

Moldova, I hope you get some relief, and you now you are in my thoughts.
As you said travel isnt for us CPers but we might aswell make the most of what we have.

Take care my friend
Round1

Old 08-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Round1, Pepper here to put in her 2 cents, I would consider backing off on the exercises. After talking with my pm doctor, we had a conversation about how with us being cpers with chronic spine issues we should really stick to water therapy. It takes the pressure off of our spine and is much better then the hard ground. You can do simple stretches in the water while watching your son swim.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Do you know diet I really really do think you are right. The past week because I was away I wasnt able to stretch out and give the normal 20/30 min of exercies. They are good and I find I move much better not as ridget. But I am getting longer spells of not being in pain during the day.
Tonight a friend of my husband called with his kids. He hasnt seen me in two years as they left to go to canada. When I went out to make coffee I heard him say to my husband that he couldnt get over the improvement in me. He hadnt seen me at my worst. In fact when he left, the following february had me bed bound. So I was really surprised. He said I moved much free(er), and hadnt the pain written across my face. My husband said there just has been a great improvement with this new physio. Which to a certain extent yes. But Hello Husband what am I popping that I hadnt been !!!!!!!! and of course the change in the timing of the meds aswell.

The exercises I do are all lying on my back and hugging the knees. Holding one leg up for 20 secs...... then the other. Tightening the buttock for 20 sec. The are not strenuous, they are all to loosen the hamstrings and calfs etc. Also to get the upper body moving. As I used tend to move the hold body, rather than twist or move the upper back, rather than lower since that is fused.

I am really going to see now how I do now when we go away on thursday till Monday without doing them. Then start back and see. What I am afraid of if I dont move I will loose the movement that I have. But if they are causing more pain, that is the other side of it. I think people/physio dont realise that our bodies arent like normal ones......

Thanks for your help, and do you what I really do think you are right. Maybe I should take those exercises to the pool.
Goodnight,
God bless and thank you
Round1

Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I am so happy that you are finding relief that is wonderful news. My appt today was fabulous and the doctor was saying that with as messed up as my spine is that one does need to do exercises in the water. It takes the pressure off. I have been told this by my spine doctor but heck I figure their must be something to this if they are both saying it.

I pray that things continue to go well for you. I know you have been thru so much and you have come a long way.....even if it means taking a handful of pills to get by -- we would not think twice if it was for diabeties.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Round1,
yes, this is a movie! You have a better memory that I do, girl! Isn't a beautiful views? But i definitely wouldn't be able to leave in this weather; I am suffering enough on a late fall and winter here with humidity, cold and rains/snow. Not for my body anymore.

Even though I couldn't leave a day of my life without the gym in my past life
I am very careful nowadays with it. Of course I can't do weights, running or cardio now, so I walk on boardwalk when I can on a summer and on a winter - treadmill we have in our basement.
I noticed that even simple walking making me more sore and exhausted. Some days pain gets really bad and I have to stay away from it next day. But when I do push it - I pay big time.
I do same thing what Round does on a floor; I try to build some muscles on my legs again. I also put steady chair in front of me and holding it I do squats and leg exercise. Sometimes I use some mild weights on my ankles.

Honestly due to increasing pain I would rather not aggravate it, but I am afraid if I move less - than will have more problems in a future. So I take my cane and go ahead...

Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
(male)

6789yu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123dietdrpepper View Post
Round1, Pepper here to put in her 2 cents, I would consider backing off on the exercises. After talking with my pm doctor, we had a conversation about how with us being cpers with chronic spine issues we should really stick to water therapy. It takes the pressure off of our spine and is much better then the hard ground. You can do simple stretches in the water while watching your son swim.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hello Round1 and Moldova,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in mid-thread, but I just wanted to agree with Pepper about exercising. My PM is all for getting exercise, so as not to lose any more muscle than I already have, but he is most definitely a water therapy fan. He has specific concerns when dealing with the back and spine. He feels that floor exercise is one of the worst things you can do to your back. Especially if you've had surgery.

I use the pool at the YMCA as often as I can in winter and my neighbor's pool in the summer. It is very low impact, but gets the blood flowing and the muscles and joints moving, without putting too much stress on them. I know it's not always easy to get access to a pool or water, but if you can, it can be so beneficial.

Please be careful with those spines. I hope you are having a good day Round1 and Moldova, I hope your pain is at least a bit less. I am praying every day that this new doc can help you. If you don't mind me asking, Moldova, where in Europe are you from? I loved Ireland when we went in October. I wish you could get there someday. I think you would love it, in spite of the rain. It is even beautiful when it is cloudy. The green of the grassy hills and valleys shines right through the grey days. Hugs to all, CMP/MM

Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

round just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you also & wondering how you have been doing, so glad to see your post. I have to say I was trying picture myself doing the exercises you have desrcibed & all I can do is cringe,lol. Not so sure I could manage those. I have been hearing alot about exercising with water & I think perhaps that would be the way for me to go, if my PM ever does order PT I will inquire about it. Take care Round & god bless, Sammy

Closed Thread