It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Pain still increasing, calling PM today

Hey everyone,
After the last set of ESIs & rib injection I have had an increase in pain, thought it would go down by now, through the weekend & this morning that has not been the case. I was not prepared for this much of a flare in pain. I feel like a belt was placed around my ribs & is being tightened, my entire back can hurt like mad.
Not sleeping & my arms/shoulders & fingers are starting to become painful. Especially the left arm. It can even be painful to breathe.
Woke up gagging & my husbund said enough, call the PM doctor. He does not want me going for anymore injections in the ribs.
Yesturday it looked like someone placed a ball under part of my ribs, anyone know if that can be normal due to the injections? Since pretty much all movement effects the ribs I am not getting any real relief. I have iced enough to turn into a block of ice myself.
I am not doing well with this pain & cant go into work this morning, called someone to go in for me, So I feel for you Brian, Not to dependable at work at this time.
Really disappointed in the pain not going down by now. Way to much pain this morning, sat in tears waiting for the pain meds to kick in, my husbund, bless him heated my wraps for me & cleaned up the mess I made by dumping coffee grounds all over the counter because of my arms & hands. I know he prolonged going into to work this morning for me, makes me feel so darn guilty. After this I am feeling somewhat hopeless.
I cant even push at all to try to go to the bathroom because of the pressure on the ribs.
I am not sure if this is normal for me still be having a reaction from the injections, which were wed. I do not want to have anything else done with out being armed with knowledge first from now on. So I am waiting for the PMs office to open, then putting in a call. The nurse said thursday when she phoned to call if I have any problems, so that is exactly what I am doing.
I have taken my meds, including motrin, iced, hot wrapped, topical aides & so on. Tried Miralax, mettamuccill, suppositories, senna to aide in that area.
I have sat down & made a list so when I phone I am prepared.
Once again I am clueless as to how long this type of reaction can last, anyone know or experiance this sort of reaction? I am assuming, but dont know for sure that most of it is coming from the rib injection.
Thanks & god bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Pain still increasing, calling PM today

Sammy,

I'm so sorry.

You have been fighting this for so long now. I agree 100% about no more injections unless meds are augmented to help until the "benefit" kicks in. You have enough history now to make such a declaration. Plus it's costing you income and your ability to make a living, so there's nothing they can do to coerce you into any more w/o help.

I don't know how you make it through all this. I have a couple of "hard knots" on the lower ribs on both sides of my chest, and if I touch them it's a very sharp pain - so obviously I don't do that on purpose. I can't even imagine having rib pain as extensive as you do Sammy.

As always I will pray for you. I wish I could do more.

steve

Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Steve to be honest I am just hanging on & really so very tired of it, I know with all my heart I am able to do so because of prayer & just plain determination. PMs office called & they want me in at 1:00, since I have no ride I have to drive & my husbund will be leaving work to meet me there (thank god). The stress of it all, work & trying to work everything out is every bit as bad as the pain & I admitted to my husbund that I have kept up a postive attitude & trying to maintain as much as a normal life for my family as I can but I am really feeling its getting to be to much. I just feel overwhelmed & tired of worrying about getting pain control. Its best that I do go in because I need to take care of all of this that is on my mind. I feel with my husbund there Perhaps I can handle it better, we will see. I am just really feeling down, exhausted, are completley stressed out. I hope with all my heart to be able to walk out of there feeling at least some kind of hope. Sometimes its hard to stay strong, I am sure you know. I have been leaving most of the physical work to the other people I have coming in to help me out at work, they understand & I have plenty of other things to keep me busy. I take my work very serious & always try to give it my all, & I dont like to feel anything hinders that but for know I have to be realistic & hopefully get this PM to understand. Cant survive in this life without an income & for now mine is needed. I have cut back so that should help.
Thanks Steve, I feel blessed to call you friend. Sammy

Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Sammy, I'll be praying for you. I'm glad your husband is meeting you there. I'm with Steve, no more injections. They are causing you more pain, and that you do not need.

Tigg.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Sammy,
just by reading about your ordeal makes me cry...
Do you know that I had 9 shots done during 3 years since they allowed to do only 3 a year.
I had such severe pains after each of them. I had no relieve at all, have no idea why he pushed me to have more and more. Usually they say that if the first 2-3 did not work not to have them anymore.
Leave and learn, correct?

I remember being in so much pain after each shot that I needed to double my pain meds, I couldn't sleep for a week after. Did not work well with me.

You talk to him/her if he thinks it worth it to have more of them done if you are so sick with it. Communication is the key. Ask questions, honey, don't just assume if they tell you to go - means you have to go without asking...
Best of luck to you and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
M.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Moldova, I am to tired to go into it all tonight but I felt I had to tell you that you really have alot to do with me pushing for looking for ways to control this. I read your posts & I feel at times I am walking just a few steps behind you with my pain issues, arms/shoulders, hands & so on. I get scared that it can be so much worse & how would I handle it. My heart breaks when I read how much your suffering & I use you as my little push to try to get somewhere with the PM doc. This visit was so bizzare that I will post tommorrow, this will definantly raise some eyebrows. god bless, Sammy

Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sammy, I'm so sorry honey. I wish there was more I could do. It's late and I don't see where you've posted back about your visit, so I'm sitting here praying that it went well.

I was so glad that hubby could meet you there. I'm sure he had plenty to say to this doc. And rightly so. This has gone on way too long. Nobody should suffer like this. I just think that if this guy keeps doing what he's doing, it might be time to find a doc who will actually help you. Didn't you have a name of another guy in your area?

Please know that I pray for you every single day and I ask God all the time to send you a caring competent doc, or at least open this one's eyes and heart to your suffering, so he'll finallly do something about it. God Bless and I'm sending warm, gentle hugs. CMP/MM (((((Sammy)))))

PS I just saw your post as mine was going through. I hope and pray that bizzare means good. MM

Last edited by cmpgirl; 08-11-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added text

Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sammy, how could you leave us hanging? I pray that you received an increase that you are getting some much needed relief tonight. I am really worried about you my friend. Lifting you up in prayer.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
(female)

jencat HB User

Sammy, I am praying too. I so hope you get relief.
Jen

Closed Thread