It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
PM visit update: a little shocked, a little bizarre

OK I put a new thread up because I dont want anyone to miss this one, just anticipating some of your replies has me chuckling. Lets see how well I really know some of you, I think I know how a few of you are going to react.
Keep in mind this PM is suppose to be excellant & came highly recommended not only once but three times. Unfortuanantly this is kind of long so for give me.

As you know got into the PM & my husbund met me there. I explained how I felt, all the pain in the rib area, my arm & how my back hurt so much, which is unusual for me, & it really hurt. Anyways I ask if this could be some sort of reaction to the injection on the ribs?
Well he looked at me & said I did not inject you ribs, I just looked stunned.
He did not have it on his original order & remember he told me to tell his surgical nurses to have him inject that left rib area while I was out. Now when I woke up I ask the nurse did he do the left rib? & her reply was yes, you can see the injection site. Now not only did he say he did not do the left rib, he also did not do the thoracic, which was marked on the script & highlighted on the discharge papers. He said he strictly did the cervical, then mumbles something about not doing the thoracic back to back because of one of the ingrediants used, something along that line, remember I was exhausted & in alot of pain, to boot worried sick because the person I had working had to leave & noone called me back to cover for her & I was stuck there for over 2hrs.
I was stunned, I then ask if that could be why this set felt so different, he said I did not do the T area the first time, I told him yes he did, well he looked back & indeed said oh yes I did.
Well thinking he did the T area I did not put the binder on, he wanted me to go with out it, so here I am assuming I will at least attempt because of the small relief I got from the first set along with the rib injection. Well I cant go without it for long & this proves it, nothing controls the pain & spams.
He then acted confused over the rib area again, like he said well maybe its the stomach or lungs...my husbund immediatly stopped him & said we have had all that looked into, thats why we are here, Although the surgeon said he believed there was Myofascial damage this PM is shying away from that DX.
So my husbund let him know the swellling that was there But once again this PM kind of said I dont think it was swelling but maybe an air pocket from the stomach or something, trust me it was not an air pocket, but he did say after examining that there was alot of mucsle issues in that area.
Since I had a small amount of relief with the first ESIs he is now going to inject the T area & do an Intercostal nerve block sept. 4, I am upset that I have to go through it again so soon, & by then any cervical from this set will probably be gone, not that I am getting alot of relief, infact more pain last night on right side, really bad going into shoulder/arm & up neck.
Now I am going to request he go back & ask about the rib injection, I am worried he did not document it but performed it. I will be calling my sister who went in with me she will recall what was said more so then I, coming out of recovery & all. I remember asking the post op nurse where he injected exactly & she said she was not sure, did not have the info.
I will get to the bottom of it. I have all the papers with the T area marked, so of course I assumed he did it. The ribs I will find out about. Then I will be addressing my concerns thats for sure.
Now get this, my last follow up when I brought to his attention that my meds were not holding 6hrs & was concerned he kind of blew me off, well lets face it he did. My husbund came right out & told him that I was not doing well at all with the every 6hrs & mornings were god awful, he explained that he witnessed me having dry heaves just that morning & he felt that being in that much pain was not acceptable, could he up the morning meds? & could he let me take them every 4 hrs for now? HE expalined to this doctor that I have a healthy respect as I always tell you all for meds & he knows that if I did not need them I would not take them, that he has seen me suffer trying to go without & point blank told him he was sick of seeing me suffer so much.
He also let him know what he has observed, & noticed that I am dropping things more & more & that my fingers can really hurt at times. He was just not pulling any punches.
He said he really liked this doctor but he did not seem with it at all. I honestly believe he had to many patients. I know he squeezed me in but I am going to raise my concerns & let his surgical nurses know that I want to know every single place he injected. No more of this mix up.
I am taking the highlighted sheets in today when I take the scripts to show them that the thoracic was not only on the order but highlighted on the post op papers. I should have brought it all in yesturday but am starting a binder today for all my PM notes & papers & it will go with me to all visits.
Well not only did he increase the dose he gave me a choice of long acting with a breakthru, which I told him I would go with the increase for now till I see how it works & see how the next procedure goes. He also was not happy with me for not taking the valium enough. He wants me to take it more often.
So goes to show how he listened more to my husbund then me, I actually was alittle afraid because my husbund was pretty demanding, although it is my husbunds wish that I not move up to stronger meds until I try the next procedure, I had to explain to him why I dont want to continue on to many percs. that does concern me.

Now as I knew I would, I already messed up, not on purpose of course.
I did not bring my scripts he gave me for the next couple months, so he was not pleased that he could not make those changes. I was pretty mad at myself to, but this is new to me, as I explained & I did not realize he would make those changes. So now I have to hope he remembers what he said he would do, I have to run them in today. I did not expect him to give me new scripts with out turning the other ones in, then turned around & got lectured by the nurse. I once again explained the same to her, that this was new to me & I did not anticipate the changes. I was in alot of pain & going on very little sleep so honestly I just never thought about it. I do not carry them around with me, you know. I am asking for a copy of all those rules & so forth. This is the small things I was worried about messing up on.
So I will try these changes then after the next ESIs will ask for long acting with a breakthu if I get no relief, I just did not want to do it without trying the Thoracic ESIs first.
I am of course back in the binder, I will explain to him next visit that I think that was at least part of the problem, not wearing it especially when I was up & moving.
I am almost positive he did do the ribs, I do not want any more of those injections, at least for now. My back is so bad & I do know my own body, thats for sure & I am having some issues that I did not have before this last procedure. As I said pretty bizzare visit. I am paying close attention from this point, I am asking more questions & taking notes, he can either respect me for trying to keep on top or get upset for taking up his time but I cant take chances with my health. I do know one thing, he seems to take my husbunds word over mine, at least thats how it appears. I hope that changes as he gets to know me, I dont like that at all. I did not mention my fear of meds, & will not word it like that in the future. I just want to be able to live & work with some good pain control. I do not play on my pain & do not make it sound worse then it is, I still cant believe it gets as bad as it does & just want to know my body, whats going on in there?, you know. I will be stressing that to him my next appointment. Cant wait to hear your opinions on this!
God bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: PM visit update, alittle schocked, alittle bizzare

Wow Sammy!

What a bunch of confusing things this doc has done. I am so sorry.

I had a similar even happen but not qite as complicated as your situation. You may remember this.

Way back a long while ago last year I would say in like Sept or so the Neurologist had written a script for a Transforaminal ESI. At that time I was not real interested in driving all the way up to see the PM that I had had during my workers comp case so I decided to try the one my attorney had suggested. I went to the PM office the day before my visit and dropped off all my films and x-rays and the order/script for the Transforaminal ESI of
C 3-4 and C 4-5.
The next day I went in for my first visit. The PM came in with his tape recorder and dictated all throughout the appointment. All the questions he asked I started to answer and he would cut me off and finish my sentences and then dictate it inhis recorder. I was getting irritated with him and that stupid recorder. Being that I am a dring addict and alcoholic in recovery (street drugs was my thing) it is improtant for me to inform any of my doctors about my addictiona and my recovery. So I tell this PM and he FREAKS on me. Changes all my meds and puts me on the Fentynal patch. Later the thing patch made me itch so bad all over my entire body I called the pharmacy and he said to take it off right away.
Now while still in his office he says to me. Well maybe we should try and ESI...I said well didn't you get the order for the transforaminal ESI I dropped it off yesterday with the packet your office had me fill out and all my films. He leaves the room and comes back in and says yes we can actually do this for you right now if you can get a ride home.
Now I am desperate to feel better and I have never had an ESI so I know nothing about them. I call and arrange a ride home. I am also thinking that he has seen the orders/script written by my neuro to inject C 3-4 and C 4-5.
he does the inj. in his office with NO sedation even though I said I was haveing a panic or anxiety attack and having a hard time breathing. He does the inj and after I asked him where he did it. He said at c-7 and T-1 I siad WHAT!! I don;t think it was for those levels. His response was that it would move up through the spine.
When I got home I looked for the copy I had made of the script and sure enough he did it in the WRONG place. I don't even think it was a transforaminal ESI just an ESI.

Needless to say I never went back to see him and I later returned to the PM I had had during my workers comp case because he already knew and trusted me and vise-versa.

I was livid about this incident and Sammy I would request ALL the docs notes of your file. Basically I would request a copy of your ENTIRE medical file even if they make you pay for it which they should not but you never know. I believe it is your RIGHT to have that information.

It just makes me so frustrated when this stuff happens to others and even myself.
I just hope and pray this doc can get it all figured out and get back on track if you continue to see him. I know continues on your teatments is very important to you.
It just is interesting that some docs come Highly recomended and they are called the best in their feild...but yet their patient relationships and communication skills need an overhauling!

I hope that this gets sorted out and you get some relief. I know I have not been following eveything that is going on with you as close as I should, but it sounds like you did have a tiny bit of relief from one of your injections. Is that Right??

One thing I do know or at least this is how my PM explained to me about the injections is that they are used for the pain relief but also as a diagnostic tool. So it would be of the utmost importance for the doctor to keep acurate records. I wonder if you can request that a person be in full dress for the surgical room and have them standin in their while the procedure is taking place. I would think they would say no, but it does not hurt to ask. I am assuminig that your injections are being done in sort of a surgical type setting is this right??

Well sorry so long of a post. I really feel your pain and frustration. The two of us have been on wuite a journey together. Our nick name should be:
"THE TWO TURTLES
I am always praying for you Sammy! ~~~~ Hugs ~~~~

Chrissy

Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi Sammy,

That is bizarre (his behavior), to say the least. He doesn't remember if he injected certain areas of your body??? OK...maybe he's been nipping in the Versed. LOL

All I can suggest is what you already have stated....start a notebook and document EVERYTHING!!! I hate injections!! My problems are my kidneys, now just kidney since the left one has been removed.

An old PM doc (the one before the great one I have now) kept doing nerve blocks on my kidneys. After 4 of them in less than 8 months, I said ENOUGH!! This doesn't help and makes things worse. Well, he didn't like that one bit, so, I fired him and found my present doc (I've been with him for almost 8 years).

This old PM doc also wanted to implant a SCS for my kidneys. WHAT???? These stupid injections do absoultely nothing and now you want to implant a stimulator? NO WAY!! My current PM doc said it would have done nothing for my kidney pain and could possibly make it worse. It's not made for visceral (organ) pain. It's just a way for them to make big bucks, that and injections.

Sammy, you know your body better than anybody. If you think the injections will help, then by all means do them. But, from what I've read, they are not helping you. I would be done with them! Hang in there, girl!! Take care and bye for now!

Shay

Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sammy love, This is most definitely a concern. I don't know if I'm one of the ones who's reaction you predicted, but here goes.....

First, As funny as Shay's comment about the versed is, I am beginning to wonder if he is medicated in some way! To not remember what he did, with your chart right in front of him, is not only bizarre, it's dangerous. Did he even have the right person's chart? It wouldn't be the first time a doc picked up or was handed another patient's chart by mistake. Definitely request a copy of your entire chart, ASAP. They are allowed to charge a small copying fee per page, but they can not, by law, deny you your records.

Second, I would have taken the script for the LA meds with BT right then and there. With his "forgetfulness", he could turn around tomorrow and say "I never said that"! I know your hubby wants you to exhaust all other options before you go up in doses, but with all due respect to hubby, he really couldn't understand how this should work. Injections or not, you need pain relief in the here and now.

Third, I just have to say, and I hope you don't get angry with me, I believe 100% that it is time to find a new PM. (After you've been given the scripts for the LA meds and BT meds) And since he seems to give you 3 months worth at a time of post-dated scripts, this would be the perfect time to start making calls. This guy does not sound competent. He may come highly recommended, but so far, from your experience, I can't see why.

I don't know if I've caught you in time, but if you haven't gone in yet, I would recommend that when you go, you should tell the nurse that you thought long and hard last night about his offer to give you the LA and BT and you've decided he is right and would like to give it a try. I am so afraid that if you don't do this now, you will lose this chance. And with the pain levels you have and the need to work, you owe it to yourself to utilize the help these meds would give you.

Please, please consider this seriously sweetie. Whatever the diagnosis, it has become pretty clear that you are chronic and you really deserve to have a better quality of life. You have suffered way too long. I'll be praying for you honey and I am looking forward to hearing what you decide. Many hugs, CMP/MM (((((Sammy)))))

Old 08-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

I feel so bad for you Sammy. First you have to put up with all these "procedures" and stuff. Maybe they work on some people, but I read too many posts where they are nothing but trouble. Makes me wonder about the GP I befriended @ the beach who said that a lot of PM Docs where making vast fortunes off injections because they were so darn expensive.

Glad he offered to up your meds. Not surprised though about the man vs woman thing....I guess your husband will have to go with you each time! I think it's always better when someone can "vouch" for your pain....Even if it's another female....Docs take these kind of testimonials more seriously, I think. Additionally, factoring in human nature, when I want something, I want him to tell two people "no" instead of one.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have take all the meds he offered...You could always decline later, or ask him to take you back down. That's just me though. You might want to consider that next time....Just because he writes it, doesn't mean you have to take the full amt. Doc's moods tend to be all over the board and they don't always want to be caring.

I sincerely hope you're on your way to a better regimen.

Take care,

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 08-12-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Ditto, Ditto what Ex and CMP have said. Grab those scripts and RUN for the hills with them girl!! After what I have had happen to me, don't do this to yourself. Better to be on a long acting and then you can have consistent pain relief around the clock so that you may begin your life again.

Please, please take the help you so deserve. You are past the point of this short acting stuff.

Unfortunately, I think my hubby getting angry and my trip to the ER is what it took for me to get the treatment I deserve. We have jointly decided that hubby will move heaven and earth to be at everyone of my appts from now on. It sounds like you and hubby need to make a similiar agreement for awhile.

Good luck sweetie.

Last edited by ms_west; 08-12-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Sammy!

Wait - before the roasting, let me do the praise and adoration part. You managed to finally get this doc to offer an increase(s) in your opioid dose. Great jog. It was your decision and your preparation and your decision to bring your husband that got you to this point and you deserve all the credit. Nice job Sammy. It has been so hard watching you suffer so much. I hate it when you hurt. I pray for and continue to anxiously await the day when you are writing with smiles. I want to see you smile. I want to see joy. And you earned yourself one step closer to smiling. I'm very proud of you - to a degree...

Now for the roasting part...

What were you thinking Sammy?

This doc doesn't (apparently) know his anal port from a hole in the ground, and you are hoping he'll recall offering LA and BT meds at some future date? I think he may have injected you above the neck? (that was a joke sweetie).

Is that what you were looking for from me? If so, then you've got me figured out.

Please do return today and see if he has at least 24 hour recall - you MUST have your husband with you. Unfortunately.

But there's more...

Why agree to more injections? Are you afraid he'll see you as non-compliant? It's your body and you have full rights over it. I can tell you for sure that he would never, ever get anywhere near me with anything sharp in his hands.

There's no need for me to write anything more. Please read, then re-read all the above posts. They say it all just as well as I could do.

In your defense I can easily see why you took a mini vacation during this appointment. He caught you by surprise right out of the gate and threw you completely off of your game plan. With those kind of opening comments I would have been stunned as well. So, overall, I give you a C+. Could clearly have been better, but could also have been worse.

Kidnap your husband and get over to the doc's ASAP to pick up the LA/BT scripts.

I'm always in your corner kid.

steve

Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Re: PM visit update: a little shocked, a little bizarre

Sammy,

I'm glad you got an increase in dosage, but if possible go ahead and get the LA/BT combination. I think you need to at least have the option of around the clock pain coverage. If you can get three months of scripts for those, I think I'd say "thanks, but no thanks" to this guy coming near me with a needle again. No way he should forget what he did with your chart in front of him. I'd start looking for another PM doc, this is too important to your well being to have somebody who can't remember what they are doing in charge of it. You deserve to have a doc who really knows what they are doing, this rib pain stuff is SOOooooo hard to handle, and it affects every part of your life.

Tigg.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi Sammy,

I hope you didn't think I was making light of the situation by the Versed comment. Clearly, he's a danger, not only to you, but other patients. Anesthesiologists are the #1 docs that abuse drugs, due to their access of the most potent IV meds around. I'm not saying your doc is an abuser, but his behavior is very, very suspicious!!

Sammy, I agree with the others. Get those scripts and run!! You should have enough time to find another PM doc in the meantime. If I were you, I definitely WOULD NEVER go back to this doc, let alone, let him do anymore injections on me. There's no telling what kind of damage he could incur onto you.

You deserve to have pain relief, so I would get those scripts, get them filled, and start looking ASAP for a new doc, ok?? Please keep us posted.

Shay

Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
(male)

badoldback HB User

This kind of stuff is scary sometimes. I remember one time my wife went in and the doctor was showing her all kind of damage she had in her neck on the X-ray.
Well she didn't have any neck pain! all her issues were much lower. Finally she said "those are not my X-rays!" The doctor insisted they were, and my wife said "look, you can clearly see earrings in the X-ray and I don't wear any!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
(female)

jencat HB User

Glad you got an increase in meds - at least that is some relief for now. I hope also you have another doc available in town, or close, since this guy is QUACKERS! Docs that 'forget' procedures scare lots of us, but although we are scared, many of us (myself included) forget that these guys can (and probably have) make mistakes that kill.

That said, I hope you get some relief from the new meds & I hope you can find a new doc. I will see my PM next week to battle my situation, which is similar, and geeze, I hope my doc remembers my last set of trigger points!

Still in my prayers (everyone from this board is now).
Jen

Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

gesh yall are scaring the ebbie jebbies out of me. I have the cervical block schudueled for Monday . I have heard from some folks they do work for some folks now i hear not much?
ALso all those treatments did you have wonderful insurance? They want 300 up front and i have no idea yet how much the ansteisologist or facility will cost us yet. Why does this stuff seem to work for some folks and NOT other folks?
IF his paper work is that unorganzied nope he wont remember next time.
The only pluss is the increase in meds you got.
I have to ask did any of the blocks help out at all???????

Old 08-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Ok guys, went in to get the scripts at the same time told the office I was confused over what was done in the procedure & wanted a copy of all the paper work (rules & contracts)I signed & all that. Well they got right on it & then went to let the doctor know my concerns. I was at the other office, there are two & the one I went into for the follow up & procedure was at a different location.

The receptionist came back & said he wanted to see me in his office, could I come back & wait for him. So of course I did. He came in & sat down to talk, ask how I was compared to yesturdaay. I explained my confusion & he said wait here I am having the surgical report faxed over, we will go over it together. Sure enough he did an injection but not where I thought he did. He explained where & why & was not happy that one of the staff members did not include that injection (all injections are put in the chart by xrays images, hard to explain) Anyway he did say he was going to find out why & that this was unusual that he was expected all images of injections sites to be inluded in the charts.

He said he did not inject the T area but right up to it, because of the amount of one of the meds used in the Cervical. HE also said I should not be having this pain due to the injections. Upped my percos for me with no problem & ask me again if that is what I still wanted to do. I said yes until we see what happens with the next set of Thoracic ESIs & the nerve block. He said he would have to pay closer attention to me, this was said in a joking manner but at the same time I think he was serious. I thanked him for taking the time out, he had an office full of people. He said that was fine & he was my doctor so he wanted to be sure & wanted me to understand.
I am staying with the upped perco. for know because my husbund does not want me on anything stronger but I told him if this pain stays as it is I am going to the LA.
I once again told the PM this is unusal for me I do not have pain like that in that area. Scared me when I got home later that day the pain hit my back out of the blue & had my knees almost buckling, came a hair close to going ot ER. Something is not right. The PM did say he wants to see how I am in a week.
This is all strange, first this PM is one of the most highly recommended in the area, trust me I asked around & still am. HIs patients adore him as does his staff. I heard younger gentlemen in front of me thanking the doctor & staff for squeezing him in. He is known for going out of his way for his patients & known well in the medical community. I did tell him I do not like to wonder what was done & want to know from now on, that who ever was with me I wanted to take notes & let him know about keeping a journal, he said thats good. I also told him I am learning & would be asking alot of questions, that I am that kind of person. I asked in a joking manner if I was still invited to the luncheon he is giving for his patients,lol & he actually hugged me & said of course, after all you are my patient.
At least he took me serious. At this point I have to believe a staff member messed up & because of the two different offices, actually with the sugical site three things are not always in one place that soon after a procedure. He was joking with me & just said I am a doctor, your doctor & a man ( meaning hes not perfect & did not mind me questioning him) & reassured me that he would pay aliittle closer attention in the future to me. I hope.
I will say the staff did not hesitate to get me copies of contracts I signed & the PM did not hesitate to take time out to speak with me even though I had not appointment.
I told him that the med change was up to him, meaning how his procedure goes & thanked him for working with me on that. He was not happy at all that someone messed up my chart. He said he was going to try to really figure out what is going on in the area of the ribs & wants to know who was responsable for not inluding that other image & notes.
Although he did say it could be muscle damage (myofascial) in that area I did get a small amount of relief from the first set of ESIs that is why he will go a head with the next set along with the block to try to determine what is going on in that rib area. I have to admitt this is the first doctor I have ever seen that did anything like this, took time without an appointment, he did not hesitate to tell his staff to get that info faxed right away.
It was to strange with this PMs reputation for him to act that way.
Something is triggering all this pain & at least I know he is aware now & hopefully will help me out, I am scared after yesturday. It hit me so fast, right in the center of the back & down my arm, it was so painful I started to shake, thought I was going to pass out. Scared the girls. I am letting him know about this, I am not sure what it is, maybe just severe spasms.
Anyone get anything like this? Twice it happened, scared me & my husbund was pushing me to go into ER, but I know that wont accoplish much.
Please let me know what you think after reading this, have to get moving but will check on you all when I get home this evening. God bless you all for being there for me. Sammy

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyo1 View Post
I am staying with the upped perco. for know because my husbund does not want me on anything stronger but I told him if this pain stays as it is I am going to the LA.
All due respect to hubby Sammy, but I guess I just don't understand what his fears are, when it comes to LA meds. Does he realize that they are really no stronger than what you are currently taking in SA meds? They are just time released, so they release more steadily and over a longer period of time. It is still the same doses of meds, but you aren't constantly watching the clock, waiting for the next dose. For instance, my LA meds, along with my BT meds are the same doses I would be taking if I were taking only SA meds. They are just distributed in a more balanced way.

Quote:
At least he took me serious. At this point I have to believe a staff member messed up & because of the two different offices, actually with the sugical site three things are not always in one place that soon after a procedure. He was joking with me & just said I am a doctor, your doctor & a man ( meaning hes not perfect & did not mind me questioning him) & reassured me that he would pay aliittle closer attention in the future to me. I hope.
I hope so too.

Quote:
Something is triggering all this pain & at least I know he is aware now & hopefully will help me out, I am scared after yesturday. It hit me so fast, right in the center of the back & down my arm, it was so painful I started to shake, thought I was going to pass out. Scared the girls. I am letting him know about this, I am not sure what it is, maybe just severe spasms.
Anyone get anything like this? Twice it happened, scared me & my husbund was pushing me to go into ER, but I know that wont accoplish much.
I have had several TP injections and one ESI over the years (when I was with my first PM doc) and they never did anything but cause more pain. So when I started seeing my current PM, he explained that with myofascial pain, it is very difficult to get these injections in the right places. Kind of like flying blind. So he told me that it was obvious that I was not a good candidate for this modality and I haven't had an injection since. I couldn't keep putting myself through the added pain with no real help from them. This is just my humble opinion, but if the "cure" is putting you in the position of feeling worse than you did before it, why continue?

I am glad that he took the time out of his day to speak with you and explain what happened yesterday. This does show character and that he respects his patient's time and efforts as much as his own. I'm can't say he isn't a good fit for you, but please just procede with caution where these injections are concerned. And I hope you can get hubby to understand that LA meds don't necessarily mean stronger meds. Just much better distributed meds. I really think they would make a very positive change for you, especially with your work schedule. Take care my love. Please know that I continue to pray for you every day. God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Sammy,

I am glad the PM took some time to explain to you what happened. I hope he does figure out why things were issing from your chart.

Sammy I have to agree with Cmpgirl on the LA meds. Have you tried discussing with your dear hubby what his fears are about the LA meds?? Maybe a discussion with him about how they work and what his fears are will help. I just don't see the point in you suffering like this. Please don't take this wrong, but in my opinion you should have been prescribed the LA meds a long long time ago!!
I pray for you my friend. I hope that today is a little better for you.

I just hope things get better soon~~~~~~ (((((hugs))))

Chrissy

Closed Thread