It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User
I need support..don't know where to start, or where this post goes!

My pain is awful. I'm not dealing well with anything. My daughter and her husband were in a near fatal car wreck going back to school on the way back from the honeymoon. But by the grace of God and two Angels on their shoulders they survied! My daughter was lifefligted to a hospital two hours away, and a neighbor had to drive me because I was hysterical. The pain from the drive was terrible, and I'm still feeling it. I have not worked since the accident on Friday.

My back is in knots, and even the MR are not working, and the small amount of pain meds I'm on does not help. I'm thinking of calling the PM today to see if he will increase me, but I doubt he will, he may, but I don't think he likes to do it over the phone. I have to take my daughter in for a follow up and to have her elbow re-dressed. She had a golf ball size chunck of skin missing and has tons of stitches in her elbow.

As if that weren't enough, and the drama with my brother that we are trying to get committed, my new son-in-law's mom's boyfriend committed suicide yesterday, so we were with their family all day. The kids were up all day, and are feeling the added pain today.

I just don't know how much more I can take.

Please pray that I can get through these hurdles that life is throwing at me, that my pain will settle back down, that I can embrace life again. This should be a happy time for me and for my daughter and her new husband. I don't see the Psych again for two weeks. I had just left his office when I got the news of the accident. My hubs was helping them move, and was actually about 40 min. ahead of them, and had to turn back around in time to see them put her in the helicopter.

Just please pray and pray LOUD for my family right now....we sure do need it. *sobs*

Hope everyone else is doing MUCH better than I am these days.

Blessings to you all. I love you.

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 08-12-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: I need support..don't know where to start, or where this post goes!

Hi Becky....My thoughts are with you....Sounds like a really bad stretch. Please try to hang in there best you can. Take care.

Regards,

Ex

Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Becky,

I don't know where to start, except I am soooo sorry for what you are going through. Talk about one thing after another. I honestly don't know how you've made it this far. It is a true testament to your strength and determination. But, that being said.......... Enough is enough! It is way past time for you to get a break!

I know you have your reasons for taking it slow in terms of meds and they are very valid and you have every right to them, but it is time for you to get the kind of relief that will allow you to live a better quality of life. You so deserve this Becky. You care and do so much for everyone else and you are as deserving of this same compassion for yourself. Remember the old adage about putting on your oxygen mask first when there is a crisis situation on a plane? This is crisis time, honey.

Thank God your daughter and son-in-law were not too seriously injured. It must have been unreal for your poor husband to have witnessed that! I can only imagine what must have been going through his mind. And it was such a blessing that there was someone to drive you there. I know how it feels to realize your child is in danger and feel so helpless to do anything about it.

I hope you can convince your doc to help you out. Like some of the others here, I think it's time to really put it all out on the table with him and make him understand that you can not go on like this and pain levels this high are unacceptable. It is unconscionable to allow a patient to suffer like this. Please do whatever you have to do to make him hear your pain and despair. If you have to bring hubby or someone with you to support this, then by all means, please do. This method seems to be working for Pepper and Sammy.

I will be praying LOUD for you and your family. Please let your son-in-law know that I am sorry for his very painful loss. I will be praying that there will be some good news from your doc when you post back. God Bless you sweetie. I'm sending lots of warm gentle hugs. If there is anything I can say or do, please just ask, OK? Much love, CMP/MM ((((((Becky and family))))))

Old 08-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Becky, oh my heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that you soon find some relief pain wise and that things settle down for you and your family. Please know that you and your family are my prayers

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Becky,

I am not ignoring you sweetie.

I am trying to work the boards every day and am constantly being sidetracked by these migraines. I am getting to a few, but am failing to respond to you, and I feel terrible about it. You matter so much to me.

I am off to get my first meds in the clinical trial in which I am participating. When I return I will try to get to this thread. If I fail, it's only because I'm at work and duty has called. But I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hang in there Becky.

steve

Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

My God.

I can't begin to understand your pain, emotional as well as physical.

Becky, you need to be taken care of. Someone needs to come alongside you and take you under their wings. Can your husband do this? CP is very hard on our bodies. Add the stress you are suffering and your body needs support and care. It's more important now than ever that your pain levels are aggressively treated. If it's at all possible please get in to see your doc, instead of calling - if possible. Be sure someone is there with you, like with Pepper. Can others take up the slack and do your chores for you at home?

I want you to simply rest if you can. Your body and spirit sound as if they are in shock. And no wonder! I wish we could all be there with you. All you'd have to do is ring a bell and you'd get everything needed.

Anyway, please do whatever it takes to be on the receiving end of some good care. If you have family or friends that can come and just listen, call them over. If I were you, there would be a lot inside that needed to come out. Please take advantage of whomever is available to take your load off your shoulders and rest. Do things that bring a smile to your face. Be with folks that make you laugh. Be good to yourself Becky.

You are so worth it. Not just in my eyes. Everyone here loves you and cares for you. You are so essential to this group. Such an encouragement to others. I am hurting with you and so are the others here. Just tell us what you need. Even though we can't be there, we can pray. And if we know what you need, we can pray that much more effectively.

Please take care of yourself.

steve

Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I have slept a bit the last couple of nights. My daughter is resting better, and is no longer waking up crying in pain ready for her new round of meds. Yesterday they took a long (very medicated) trip to sign their new lease with her dad. I took her to the doc the day before to look at her elbow and the dummies at the hospital failed to put any non stick covering over it and when they went to re-dress it, she almost passed out from the pain. We met with the other guy's insurance yesterday, and they have accepted fault, thank goodness. The highway she was on has the right of way, no if's ands or buts, and he was coming out from a side road. She t-boned him. Today we get the check for the car, and the money we've put out for the medical bills and meds thus far, and then we go to buy a new car.

They have got to get up to school soon. They start next Wed. I will not be going back to work until Mon or Tue. The wake is tonight and the Funeral is tomorrow.

My husband has been here for me thru all of this, as has all of my neighbors. They are cooking, etc for me. The shock is a lot less now that I know they are both going to be okay. The pain is still bad though. My doc is on vacation right now, so I can't get in to see him. I will take daughter for follow up tomorrow morning.

My work is being wonderful. They just keep saying don't worry about it, take care of your family. Thank goodness...I don't think I could function outside of my house if I had to.

Thanks again for all of your support.

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Becky, I am so sorry this all happened to you. Thank god your daughter & husbund are Ok. I think we have all discovered stress increases pain along with no rest, yikes. At least your work understands & work on top of all the rest would have been to much, dont you think?
You are all in my prayers & I hope all goes well with your daughter & husbund as far as their recovery. I would not rush going back to work. You are probably going to feel exhausted from all of this & need that time. Take care of yourself my friend, & of course we will all be here for you. God bless, Sammy

Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Oh Becky!!

Honey I am sorry to hear of all this stuff. I am glad your daughter and her new Hub are not any more seriously injured then what happened. I hope they will heal quickly.

This is a lot for your family and for the family of your son-in law. I am so sorry.

I pray that the Lord will lift you all up into His arms and hold you all tight and keep you safe. Please Lord carry Becky and her Family through this time, bring them the support, and the courage to get through this sad and trying time in their lives.
Becky, if you PM is like mine he won't do an increse over the phone, but don't loose hope maybe there is something he can do because of the situation your in!
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Chrissy

Closed Thread