I'm not sure how to say this. I know you've had a lot of migraines lately and haven't had the opportunity to respond to as many posts as you would like.
I feel confused when I think we're having a conversation or discussion about a topic and you stop posting. I don't expect or want to have most of my posts acknowledged or responded to [when they are a response to an issue someone else has posted], but it seemed like we were in the middle of a conversation about the insurance issue and exchanging thoughts about solutions. I kept checking back to see if you had read/responded to my post but I couldn't ever tell if you saw it or it got buried amid the other posts, if it helped/was useless, or if you were able to sort out the insurance issue in another way [ie, got the PA, which would be great!], or if there was another reason you didn't go back - I know it's tough for you to talk/think about what happened w/ the detox.
I just feel confused; I know you specifically said you would appreciate any help I could give you, so I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how you could get the rest of your meds this month and stay w/i the insurance restrictions. Then the line went dead, and I didn't hear anything. It feels like this has happened before when we have been posting questions and answers back and forth so I don't know if it's something about the way I'm posting or if I just don't know your style well yet..
It's not a big deal - it's more that I feel confused and don't know what to think. Again, I don't quite know if I've explained this well -- I don't expect a response to most of my posts - there are just some where it seems like there is an exchange of questions and answers and I feel puzzled when there's no response.
I'd love to know if you ever saw the post, and what is happening on the insurance front. If you'd rather not share this, that's fine - It would be great to know that you read a post I spent a lot of time on, regardless of whether or not it was helpful. If it was helpful or not helpful, it would be great to know that too. I don't have any investment in what I proposed :-). I hope this makes a little sense. Hope all is well, and hope to hear from you.
I must apologize. I have finally read all of your posts this morning. I hope you saw my post from late last night, it may have been early this morning in your location. Where I thanked you for all your work and said I needed to see your magic that got me to 175mg three times per day.
I have to run off to get a blood test now, but I hope to post back to you later. Depends on my memory and how I'm doing with this pain in my side. Between the side pain and its associated fever I've been pretty much out of it since Thursday morning, which is why my reading and posting has been so hit and miss.
You have really put in some serious work on my behalf and I really appreciate it. I suspect I will be going with what the doc offered, which was 5 100mg tabs daily, however I wish to take them. And, a bump up in the SA med to account for the difference. I am, however, thinking of saying no to the BT dose increase, as I do not wish to raise either med dose. I think I can handle a reduction of 40mg daily with the 5 100s. The other option is your solution that gets me to 175mg three times daily. As I mentioned in the late post yesterday to you, I would love to rattle Anthem's cage a bit, and would be willing to bury them in scripts so long as I can get my meds.
I am worried about how the doc should write the scripts however. I am going to recommend that he write the LA script for a month in the instructions, but give me only enough tabs to get me to the 30th day from 8/11 when the original script was written. If he writes it any other way, the insurance co may hassle me as to when I can get the script filled, and the date allowed may push me past how long the 120 tabs will go. Same thing if I allow him to write me for extra BT meds. I don't know if this last part makes sense, but I have to leave now as the lab closes at 1:00.
...What I wrote out was for this month *only*-- for the missing 20 days. I remember thinking it could be difficult to figure out how to write the scrip for this month. Next month would be very easy -- 3 scrips rather than 4, and a simple take every 8 hrs. on each. 100mg (90) 60 mg (90) and 15 mg (90).
The problem for this month is that you have used up the "60s" so a different solution had to be worked out. So, I think there's a decent chance you'd be allowed 3 scrips of MSC/month. Somehow, 4 scrips seems a little less likely, though possible. For subsequent months, each scrip would read take every 8 hrs. Perhaps you could do the 40 mg drop for the next 20 days, see how that goes, and then try to bump back up to 175 [if they allow 3 MSC scrips in a month] at the beg. of next month. You could still use BT as needed. I believe you are in a study tho, right? So, I can see why this would be a lousy time to be messing with your meds period [not that any time is good, but changing doses is far from ideal while in a study]. I'll put this on the insurance thread so that everything is in one place.
So I'm thinking that my doc needs to write out a script with instructions that are "monthly" in appearance, but with quantity that covers only 17 days, since I've already been given 13 days. Do you think that will work? What I don't want is to take in a script and be told that I have to wait for some reason, then to have another hassle when I need to get next month's meds on September 10th.
If he writes it now like this - MS Contin 100mg tablets, Take 1-2 tablets every 8 hours. Qty. 85 tablets. On September 10th the qty would change to 150.
Regarding the BT med. He wrote this on Aug. 11 and I got the whole thing: Oxycodone 20mg/ml Take 1-2ml every 6-8 hours as needed for BT pain. Qty. 240ml. He is offering to add to the BT dose to account for the loss of LA med dose from 540mg daily, to 500mg daily. But I do not want to go up in dose on either LA or BT meds. I don't particularly like the idea of going down either, but I will not go up. So I may allow him to write me additional BT meds to last until my next full month scripts, but that's it. I don't know how he'd write that, but it cannot screw up the next full month scripts on Sep. 10th.
Steve, keep losing my internet connection [I'm going to copy this post!]. I posted my response on the insurance thread since this discussion was moved over there.
Right now, it's pretty mixed up - for some reason, parts of it are duplicates - may have something to do with my connection going off and on for the last 1/2 hour [it's off more than it's on].
Hope I can fix the response - I don't know if the connection is going to go down completely at this point.
I know you are dealing w/ multiple issues right now, so I'm not sure where the prescription insurance problem falls on your to do list given what you're trying to handle - I would urge you to try to pick up a new scrip before you hit 13 days if your doctor is ok with that - I'm concerned that waiting until the last minute could pose problems. I'm not sure you can know exactly what is going to work until it is run through the system at the pharmacy, so I would try out the scrip you had in mind a few days early [I think this must be coming up very soon]. You don't want your back up against the wall when you try to get the new scrip.
Last edited by Confused089; 08-17-2008 at 10:57 PM.