I had an Esi cervical epidural schudueled for monday. Everything was a go with insurance doc surgery center . However part of the people involved never Ever retruned my call. I could not get a quote from the surgery center even on co payment due monday. The anestisoligist never called me nor his business office.
In the end i felt like without vital information there was no way i could feel good about just going in and getting it done.
I saw some very bad business practices this week and lack of phone skills from folks that are suppose to know how to do their jobs.
Not sure if i will try this with another doc and or facility at this time. SInce i have multiple problem areas just do not see the point.
So it goes one step forward and lots of standing in place .
I really don't blame you for not wanting to go through with something that could quite possibly end up costing you an arm and a leg. For none of the so called professionals to give you the basic courtesy of a call back to answer some very valid questions, is a red flag to me as well. Makes you wonder if what they are saying about the new guard of PM docs being injection happy because it brings in the best $$$$$.
What is your next option? Do you go back to your PM doc and see where you go from here? I would hope your doc would understand your reasoning. I guess the ball will be in his/her court now, and you'll have to see what is next on the agenda. Good luck with this. I hope that whatever happens, you get the relief you are hoping for. Take care and keep us posted. God Bless, CMP/MM
How sad & how unproffesional. I am sure just waiting to pull it all together was very stressful & then nothing. I am so sorry & dont blame you for cancelling, I just cant believe that people are so irresponsable. I always say if they were in your shoes for aday sure would change the way they do things. I hope you can find relief. Please let us know how your doing. Sammy
I had an ESI scheduled at one pt as well but was having trouble finding a ride at the last minute. It 'occurred' to me to ask how much it would cost - for some reason I thought it would be 2-$300 before my insurance (!). Turns out I was missing a zero there. I have a huge deductible, so I would have had to pay for all of it out of pocket. I told my PM [who does the injections] I had been excited, but that I couldn't afford it on my insurance. She spends most of her time doing injections, so I am a little concerned that I could get bounced on a technicality or something that wouldn't otherwise cause a problem. I am certainly not a cash cow for my doc., and the way she's arranged her practice makes me nervous [very very little time spent w/ patients].
I'm sorry you were treated so unprofessionally - I wouldn't have gone either - They would have lost my confidence. The best thing might be to tell your PM you had to know what the co-pay would be - I don't think this is unreasonable! I might avoid saying anything about the lack of professionalism if your dr. referred you. tho.
Last edited by Confused089; 08-16-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Talked with pm doc Monday and shared with him the story of last week being very careful what i spoke about. I mainly let it be made known the lack of information held me back from following through with the procedure and lack of information about the cost; he was very supportive and did not give me any grief. He was disappointed in the facility and the teams lack of support and calling me back with needed information. So all is ok with PM doc
Did he have any other recommendations? How does he plan to procede from here? I'm glad he at least was understanding about your reasons/concerns about how this place behaved. I always believe it is a good idea to let the PM doc know about things like that. It might just save the next patient from having to endure the same unprofessional treatment.
Take care and please let us know what's next for you. I hope something comes to fruition soon. Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of positive thoughts your way. CMP/MM