It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
This is whats up with me...

I have been running around trying to get things done before my surgery day comes and I have over done myself.

REMOVED

I have managed to get a lot of things done and I have a lot of appointments to meet next week.

REMOVED

I finally went back to the hospital and had the x-ray taken that they forgot about.
Monday afternoon will be my first day of school a 2 hour and 45 minute class! I think I will be good. I will bring as much stuff to stay comfy as I can.
All is in order on the school front and I spoke with the disabilities councelor yesterday. They will be getting me a special chair to sit in while in class and I will be having a note taker and someone to record for me on my days of absence. I willl just bring my recorder to the disabilities office and a studnet will return it there or leave it with the instructor.

My Mom and I have been discussing the things I will not be able to do after surgery. She will be here as far as I know from 9-2- untill about the 9th or
10 when she will return home for a day or two. She has agreed not to leave for the two or three days unless my pain is well controlled and I am able to do some things on my own such as go to the bathroom and pop a meal in the micro etc. We do not want another incident where the pain is not managed right when she leaves. The last neck surgery the PA for the NS gave me prescriptions with conflicting directions and I found myself back in the hospital over night to got it controlled.

I am very very anxious and I am still nervous. I know this surgery is what I want and I have always felt deep down in my heart that is would help some, but I am still human and concerned. I may even be more concerned about the urinary retention after surgery then the actual surgery. I will go over all that on Tuesday when I have my pre-op check in at the surgery center.

Don't know if any of you have one of these but i am looking for a wedge pillow. I have gone to one Bath store and found it but it is not the right heigth and it is not memory foam. If anyone knows what I am talking about I would like to know the demenions of the one you have purchased and how it worked for you.

My pain this morning is just out the roof and I will be staying home today and resting. CHecking in here and trying to find the right pillow on-line.

Again, I am thinking of each and every one of you on this forum and I am sorry for not keeping up. I feel like I miss out on the successes and other issues and out of the loop but for now that is just the way it is and I know that you all know I care for you all!

Many hugs for all(((((all)))))

Chrissy

Last edited by Mod08; 08-22-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Do not ask multiple questions on different topics in one thread. Start a new thread for each one. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Chrissey we will be praying for you during your surgery and after. Dont worry which is easier said than done. I know it is hard to keep track of everyone on the board here. If you miss a few days you see alot of new people and posts and wonder if there is anyone out there not in pain...........

Again wishing you all the best, hopefully will get to post before the op.

Round1

Last edited by Mod08; 08-22-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Chrissy honey,

I am praying for you every day and I keep asking God for a good and positive outcome for your surgery. REMOVE

Sorry, back to you, honey...... I have seen some of the memory foam wedges at some of the major department stores and if you have a home care supply store, or place that sells durable medical goods in town, you might want to check there.

I'll be saying some extra prayers for you on Monday. I hope your first day goes well. I think it's great that there is a disabilities counselor to help you with your special needs. I guess all or most colleges have someone like that, these days. I had just never thought about it. Best of luck with your first day back, sweetie. Let us know how it goes when you feel up to it, OK?

Many prayers and hugs, CMP/MM

Last edited by Mod08; 08-22-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Please re-read the posting rules concerning religion.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: This is whats up with me...

Please remember that one may pray for one another or ask for prayers; however, religion is off-topic and not a subject for this website.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Mod 08

Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Chrissy,

About the pillow:

As has been said, look for a medical supply company. We have many locally. And nearly all will ship. The pillow is commonplace, but most of the web sites I looked at did not have them pictured. So I called and asked and they all had models with various height lift at the high end, from 4"-15" or so. They cost around $40. Shipping would add a little.

I too will be praying for you Chrissy.

steve

Last edited by forginon; 08-22-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Chrissy of course along with everyone else I will be throwing in my prayers.
you know all the prayers going out for you will together become a powerful thing. I feel for you & I recall the mix up after your last surgery.
Do you have everything in order? Is your mom staying with you after or are you going home with her? I know your in alot of pain but I hope you can relax abit before your surgery. It will be here before you know it, this month has flown by. I swear it seems like this whole summer has. I will be counting down the days with you. God bless, Sammy

Old 08-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Dear Chrissy,
Will say a prayer for you, honey and I really hope everything will go well...
I am glad that you done your homework and everything is ready for you when you come home.

I got my $45.00 pillow at the local "Back support" store. I love mine and use it all the time. Sometime I even take it with me if I go somewhere and know that will have to sit for a while.

Best of luck to you!
Love and blessings...

Closed Thread