It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
GOOD Pharmacy story for a change!!!!!

Just wanted to let all of you know that I had a really good experience with my pharmacy!

My PM switched my BT meds from Vicodin 7.5/500 to Norco 10/325 at my last PM appointment. The problem was that the Mallinkrodt generic for Norco was not only not helping with my BT pain, but I was actually having feelings of w/d with them. Obviously not the norm with an increase!

So yesterday, I called my pharmacy and spoke to one of the pharmacists's. He understood exactly what I was saying about the difference in generics and said he would contact their distribution center and see if they had the Watson (they make the brand) generic available. And today, he called me back and advised me that he got the Watson today and it's there on the shelf, with my name right on the bottle! He just told me to remind the tech, when bringing in my scripts each month, that I get the Watson and they will make sure it doesn't get filled with the standard Mallinkrodt.

Made my day!!! I know that non CPers would probably think I was loopy for being so happy about something like this, but they just have no idea how the wrong med can make your day to day life so much more difficult.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that sometimes, good things do happen! Now, I just have to hold on for about 2 weeks and hopefully, I should be getting the intended increase in BT coverage. My wish and my prayer is that everyone has a good experience of some sort today!

Hugs to all, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: GOOD Pharmacy story for a change!!!!!

That's awesome, girl!! I'm happy to hear that there are still some compassionate pharmies out there. I have been prescribed the Watson generic of Norco before, and I'll have to say, it was so strange!! Of all things, it increased my sex drive!!! LOL Needless to say, my hubby was a happy man. I wish you the same results.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

How refreshing! You know CMP, I would write up a letter to this persons boss, telling them that he went the extra mile for you and what may seem minor is really big for an individual suffering from the wrath of chronic pain.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi CMP,

I'm so happy to hear they have the Watson on the shelf waiting for you! You WILL DEFINITELY be able to tell the difference. Just hang in there for a couple of more weeks.

Shay

Old 08-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
(female)

shananava HB User

Glad it all worked out for you! My post shows how nice my pharmacy was but it has been a pain but hopefully next fill will just be smooth!
Shannon

Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

cmp, how refreshing to hear of such a good experiance. I must say that is strange about how you reacted to that generic. Kind of scary.
How funny about the sex drive, wow, someones husband is a happy camper.
Pepper is right, alittle note would be nice & maybe encourage more attitudes & more of an effort by others. Sammy

Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

zfennel HB User

Awesome...I wish all the pharmacist were that compassionate!
Have A Pain Free Night Everyone
Fennel~

Old 08-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Thanks everyone! I am definitely going to write a little note to the district manager. I really want him/her to know how much it means to have someone be so helpful and kind, when you live a life like ours. It's usually more about frustration and judgement, unfortunately. I also want to make sure that the pharmacist either gets a copy or is at least informed of my letter. I think it's just as important that people like him, get the atta-boy's they deserve.

Definitely interesting about the increased sex drive. Hubby thought so too!

I wish you all peace and comfort from the pain. CMP/MM

Old 08-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

HOney,
this is what kind relationships I have with my local Pharmacy I use for years. They are so nice, so helpful and understanding. I had same problem as you did and they were able to decide it for me same way.

So happy for you and others who have such nice experience. We have enough on our plates, we don't need more stress, right?

Have a very nice weekend everybody! Weather here is so beautiful, so nice!
Wish to have enough strenght just to walk and walk...

Old 08-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Cmp,

It is nice to know that sometimes there are good pharmacy experiences out there. My pharmacy is pretty cool like that as well and I do appteciate it.
Chrissy

Closed Thread