It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

shelby3195 HB User
Pharmacy denied filling my new script, so I guess I don't start the new meds yet!

I just thought I would give you my latest update about my new script for the Oxycontin I was suppose to start taking tomorrow morning...lol!
My Dr. post dated my script as he was going on vacation this week, so he wrote it out for Aug 23rd, seeing that's when my Mscontin script would of run out then. I took the script in and asked to speak to a pharmacist, as some of you lovely people told me it might be a good idea to do if I had anymore questions.

Well, low and behold...I hadn't even gotten a word out and she immediately looked at the new script and said she couldn't fill it today seeing it is for tomorrow...ya think? As I told her, and perceded to tell her I know this, but I wanted it in the system so I could pick it right up first thing tomorrow morning. Then she tells me its not written right, that the writing of the 20 mg's looked a little "fudged", and there was no way in hell she could fill it! Also she asked if I knew the Dr that wrote the script was on vacation this week, which only added to the suspicion....I said "of course I know him and you guys know me"!!

As the conversation went on, I told her that as of tomorrow I will have no other Mscontin to take and what to do about it.....of course she could of cared less and just said to take whatever you have until the Dr comes back to work on Monday!!!!! Are these guy's nut's or what???/!!lol!!

So, here I am now with just my breakthrough meds and no Mscontin to take or any of the newer Oxycontin I was suppose to start taking as of tomorrow, that all of you gave me so much support about....which again I appreciate so much with all your caring thoughts and suggestions.

Any thoughts on this one??? Hehehe...it's really not funny, but I try to find some humor in just about everything, as it makes life so much easier and stress free! I'll look around to see if I have some kind of other medication to take in the meantime....and then I'll let you know, okie dokie?
Oh..what a lovely day in the neighborhood...but probably not so good of a weekend coming up, huh?/!
Everyone have a sparkling rest of the day~
Thank you all for letting me vent again~
Shelby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User
Re: Pharmacy denied filling my new script, so I guess I don't start the new meds yet!

Shelby,

I'm not sure I've posted to you before, but I am SO sorry. I don't understand why some pharmacists are *so* difficult (!) and take such pleasure in putting CP'ers down [though she's probably nasty to everyone]. Can you call your dr.'s office this afternoon? A PA or someone might be able to verify that it's a 20 and that your doctor wrote the scrip. Ugh, I just looked at your location and realized it's after 5, so anyone in the dr.'s office is probably gone by now.

I admire you for having a good sense of humor given the weekend ahead - I often try to find the irony or humor in an otherwise miserable situation since there are really only two choices - laugh or cry [of course, I'm not always successful!]. At least the scrip wasn't for Monday of this week! I'm sure that is not much of a consolation, but two days of misery isn't as bad as seven...I hope you can take extra BTs. Your dr. would probably be seriously impressed if you made it through the weekend without taking any extra BT though (!). I would try to get some supplies on hand before any withdrawal hits - make sure you have enough food in the house. Maybe look at the addiction/recovery board here to find out what people use when they are tapering. So sorry you have to go through this.

Last edited by Confused089; 08-22-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

shelby3195 HB User
Re: Pharmacy denied filling my new script, so I guess I don't start the new meds yet!

Yes my dear, you have replied to me before and were extremely helpful!!! I just wanted you to know that...lol!
And yes again..its already too late to call the office, so I guess I'll start looking for some left over medication in some of my old bottles and hope for the best!!

And yes again and again...these pharmacist's think their God like and don't give a hoot about you or your pain! And what's so bad about it all...is the fact they all know me so well at this pharmacy and should of known better that I'm not trying to pull one over on them!!
Thank you again for your help: Priceless!
Shelby

Closed Thread