It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Help, Nausea

Oh boy I am really having problems here, when the pain rises so does the nausea, well I have never had a problem with my meds, but I think now with this naseua already existing the meds may be kicking it up a notch.
I have developed what I am guessing is a cervical headache, since the one side of my neck is rock hard & hurts to put any pressure so that is really making it worse. Heck why always on the weekends.
Anyways I cant stand this nauseated feeling I am doing my best to avoid the dry heaves, I some how doubt I will get through the day with out them. I have half my med, to see if it will make it a bit easier to take. What a mess.
I hope this goes away soon. Any suggestions? I have zantac, but I not sure how close you can take to the pain meds, which during the day I am on every four hrs or so. I am really a mess. Thanks for any suggestions. Sammy

Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Help, Nausea

In all honesty Sammy, if you can get the pink stuff down, it really does help. I hate the taste of Pepto, but if I plug my nose, I can get past it. It wouldn't counter-act your meds or anything, as long as you use it 30 minutes or so, before or after taking them.

Also, you can ask the pharmacist for something OTC that is comparable to prescription compazine. (sp?) Sorry you are in such a bad way. If this gets much worse, try calling your GP's service and ask if you can be seen at a walk-in clinic or something. I'm worried about dehydration. This can cause the headache you're having, along with a whole host of other issues.

If you can't keep fluids down or this headache gets any worse, I really think you need to go to the ER. I know it's expensive, but right now, you may not have a choice. You can't go on like this hon. I am seriously worried about you.

Please post back, if you feel up to it. I'll be checking in when I can. God Bless, sweetie. I'm praying real loud for you. Hugs, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Sammy,
Sorry to hear about all this hon!

I think the Cmpgirl is right! It is important not to become dehydrated.

I remember the the Dry-heave days. The pain sooooo bad that ll you do is dry heave. Sammy I am keeping you in my thoughts

Please do go to the ER if it stays the way it is now for any longer. If you could get a prescription for some generic Phengran or something like that maybe it would help. I know this is not the best thing, but they also make an anti-nausea that is a supository. They both work great for me. The oral or IV anti nausea stuff does make me sleepy though.

I hope this will pass soon and you will be back to normal soon.

Chrissy

Old 08-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I am so sorry sweetie. Pain will do this to you. You need to get on meds. Try to keep the fluids going and take you meds with food even if it is only bread.

Last edited by ms_west; 08-24-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Sammy,

You can take the Zantac any time - no issues with pain meds, except that some folks believe that Zantac will make opioids more potent - which in your case would be a good thing.

steve

Old 08-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

You know Steve the few times I took them close I thought I felt abit more, well I dont know loopy or something. I am actually on the gereric Rantidine, do you know it its basically the same as the Zantac? that is what the NP said.
If thats the case that it would enhance the PKs then heck I will try it, because boy do I need all the help I can get. Of course my PM knows what I am on so hey, I just want relief. Heck I almost feel like I did when I was pregnant & forget that.
I am dropping some weight, I will see when I go into my GPs today what I weigh vs last visit. I am guessing approx 105, or less. I am very petite so its not like its a huge deal, but I dont want to go into the kids department. Marcia is tiny to, wonder if she has to go into the kids department to, I am not wearing Hannah Montana or disney clothes, forget it, lol. I will stick to junior & have everyone think I am reliving my early years.
I will have to watch it people are commenting & its getting on my nerves. you now everyone thinks about when someone is over weight to watch the comments, but when its the reverse noone thinks that it may be abit irritating. I have had comments made for the past 2wks, like she so skinny you cant see her, or a good wind would blow her away, well guess what I dont try to loose weight, who can eat alot when you nauseated or your in constant pain, especially in the ribs. I am picking up ensure just in case. I am whining away the past few days. Have not even felt up to doing my journal, big no no, have to say everytime I pick up the journal I think of Steve, You know our communications coordinater between us & our PMs/GPs,lol. Thank goodness for Steve, & everyone else. Funny everyone of you kind of play a role in my CP family, every single one of you. I was thinking about that the other day, you know how we really kind balance each other out. Everyone provides & contributes. I am so very blessed. I dont know what I would do without you all, gosh I would really be lost. So dont anyone of you go anywhere. I am going to be venting if I am stuck at home in bed. My hyper/OC will drive me crazy. God Bless you all, Sammy

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Sammy,

REMOVED

I sure hate it when you hurt so bad. Personally, when I read that any of you are having dry heaves from pain it tears me up. To the point that if I were there we'd be headed to the hospital. I really mean it.

Anyway, please continue to post so we know how you're doing, OK?

steve

Last edited by Mod08; 08-28-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Discussing any means to enhance the effects of prescribed medication is strictly forbidden.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

REMOVED
I do not usually take the valium to oftern but lately with the muscle spasms & now the virus, I am not sleeping as well. I believe that was the one I was concerned about. I am really struggling with swallowing since I came down with this virus, It actually feels like everything including meds are getting stuck when I swallow. Oddly enough I can feel pain in my upper back when I swallow anything. Perhaps its something to do with the esophagus.
I can feel it trying to go down, but in the back.Not sure if explained that very good. Even fluids, especially in the morning. Still have the fever so trying to see if it is all linked, I am sure it is. I am guessing there is alot of infammation & maybe in places that I dont realize. Darn I cant wait to feel better. I dont feel up to anything, just bopping in & out of my room, trying to limit exposure to my family. REMOVED Anyone else your welcome to chime in, Ex that means you to.
Thanks Sammy

Last edited by Mod08; 08-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Steve, I will give it a try. I have been avoiding it because of not being able to really eat. I picked up some ensure today just to make sure I am having some sort of intake. I am hungry at times, I just cant swallow.
Hopefully it will get better in the next day or so. The NP said it could take 10 days or possably even a couple weeks, boy I hope not. ESIs will be cancelled. REMOVED. Mixing it with the other meds always made me abit nervous, but then again by now you all know all meds make me abit nervous,lol. Thanks again, god bless, Sammy

Last edited by Mod08; 08-28-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Discussing any means to enhance the effects of prescribed medication is strictly forbidden.

Closed Thread