It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Sammy01

Sammy,

There is a thread on spinal board that I think you should read. It is an individual who shares some common symptoms to you and she has had a past fusion on c5 - c6. You might want to check it out:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=3701828#post3701828[/url]

Pepper

Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Sammy01

Thank you pepper, I responded to the post. As always you are a doll.
I am am sick, I have woke up for 2 mornings & cant swallow, I have the worse sore throat & cant get rid of this headache. I think I will call my GP today. I feel miserable & wonder if something is going around. Its strange I could not figure out the first morning what is was because my neck has been bothering me so much. It really bad when I wake up in the morning. It woke me up in the middle of the night because I could not swallow at all with out major pain. I am a mess. I have been getting such terrable headaches that it hurts to keep my eyes open. My neck is really sore. Feels stiff at times like I cant turn it. Strange. Once again thanks sweetie, hope all is going well for you. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sammy: I think that even the sore throat and headaches are directly connected to your undertreated pain. May sound strange, but you'd be surprised. With all of the dry heaves, not eating and the pain itself, these symptoms are almost certainly related.

Have you given any more thought to calling the PM now and not waiting for the next set of ESI's? When he already made the offer, I see no reason why he would have a problem with you calling and letting him know that you are in need of the LA med now, as opposed to later.

Hang in there, Sammy. As always, Prayers and Hugs, CMP/MM

Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Ok guys have an appointment at 3:20 with my GPs office. Cant hold my head up at all & thoat getting worse, freezing to. I really think the headache is cervical. Had company stop by last evening could not even sit & converse, hurt to much to hold my head up & my eyes open. Only relief thus far is to lay with ice & pressure on the neck, sounds strange but it helped last night. Percocet is not helping this headache, so I am thinking cervical. Great. Of course my usual nausea. I will see what the GP says then at some point if this does not improve call the PM this week. I cant lift my head up for now. Hunched over to type. My sister in law wonders if the ESIs could have brought the headache on, but that was on the 6th of aug.
I cant budge this headache at all.
I am picking up extra help at work, so that is a relief, one more person & I would probably be able to rest more with time to rest.
What a life! I am such a mess, maybe this will force me to stay put. God works in mysterious ways. I get the message now. I will check back after appointment. Sending my thanks & love to all of you for supporting me even through all my complaining. Sammy

Old 08-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Sammy, I have to agree with Cmpgrl. Your body is under so much stress right now from the pain. Please don't keep putting off the PM and the med change to LA meds. I feel like you have an internal struggle going on (I know your husband is not supportive in this area, but you have to assert yourself). I'm gong to start getting tough with you if I don't see a post soon saying you have gone to see your PM and gotten a prescription for LA meds.

Every part of your body is sending the same message [except for your head!). It's as if your body is crying out for relief and is trying everything it can to get you to go to your PM (not your GP) and get REAL relief from your pain.

Sammy, what are you waiting for? Why are you waiting to call/see your PM until after the next set of ESI's? What are you concerned about?

I think you may have to ask yourself if there is some part of you that is resisting getting better (that's the tough part of me talking). It's hard to see you go through so much pain and suffering and then not take action. I'm going to reread some of your recent posts to see if I'm mixed up here - Please do not take my post as anything but genuine concern for you. I do not want you to feel criticized or unsupported. I would would really like to see you get serious help *now.* Not later in the week..not maybe.

Last edited by Confused089; 08-26-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ok Pepper & company, I am really,really sick. Fever, headache & the worst sore throat I think I have ever had. Congestion setting in this morning. Went to the GPs & she said my throat is really bad, some virus going around & I was lucky to have picked it up. I feel awful.
Cant stand going into my GPs since I am on narcotics. Always have a comment to make. I usually see the NP, this time she did something that really ticked me off. I am sick of this. Which I wont get into right know.
Anyway to sick to worry about anything else right now.
I can barely get anything down, feel like my throat is to swollen, then once I manage to swallow feels like everything is getting stuck, I can feel every thing I try to swallow. It is the strangest thing.
I am sure my ammune system is down & all the steroids used for the ESIs cant help that any.
My husband is well aware that I will go on the LA meds & realizes its what I have to do. I cant go on like I have been & that is that. I am sure he will adjust to what ever I have to take. Better then the pain & dry heaves. If I dont have good pain contol I dont have a life & thats that. For know I have to worry about kicking this virus. Thanks everyone, Sammy

Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I am so sorry you are feeling under the weather. It almost sounds like strep but I assume she checked you for that. The thing that I am finding since CP is that before I would get sick and I would keep on going like the energizer bunny then once CP hit -- things hit me harder than before. I will add this to my prayer for you.

I am glad that the post helped. I read it and thought of you immediately. One just never knows if there is a connection or not. It could be the lead that you need to put the puzzle together.

Good luck my dear. Feel better soon.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pepper & all, They did indeed think it was strep,but it came back negative.
I am still running a fever so no work this week so far. Nightmares all night then I could not figure out if I was dreaming that I was having a hard time breathing or if it was real. Strange (one of favorite words this week,lol)
So woke up & took my valium, something I never do much at all.
I cant seem to kick this fever & sore throat so I am hiding in my room.
I have the ESIs on Sept 4, I hope I am up to it, I want it over with.
Once I am feeling abit better I will tell you all about my doc. visit & get your opinions, not a good visit. Found a decent PM so maybe time to find a decent GP. I have lost aprox: 6 to 8 pds in the last 2 mnths. so I weigh alittle less then I thought. Thanks for you kindness & care, always lifts me up.
God bless & I welcome your prayers, sure would like to feel decent again. Sammy

Closed Thread