It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Type A personalities - with Chronic Pain.

I have just read a few posts here and a number of you have said you are
a Type A personality. Its just when I went to this Rheumy guy a couple of months back, he made a statement, I could say "comment" but it was a statement. He said you are a Type A personality (1st visit !! that doesnt last long !!) and type A personalities are prone to Chronic Pain, and find it very hard to deal with it. It has all to do with a Chemical Imbalance of the brain and it is highly prone in Type A personalities...............
Okay take out of it what you want........ I thought he was totally off the wall and cant believe I paid him aswell ! But now these threads have got me thinking..what do you think? Just wondering how many of us would consider to be a Type A or Type B.
Round1

Old 08-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Type A personalities - with Chronic Pain.

Very interesting. I suspect there is some merit to it. My hubby are opposite. Opposites attract.

If we get a cold/flu, he is usually well within 24/48 hours. I on the other hand will have it 3 to 5 days. He rests and lets everyone wait on him and well we all know I will still go shoe shopping hurting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Type A personalities never stop...we continue trying to forge ahead. As Pepper said...others get sick and slow down or stop....Type A's just keep on going...we can't stop and get well....we have too much in our head and too much to do. So the doctor is probably right to a point!

Deb

Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I have to admit I am a definate type A, infact probably if there was one would be considered a triple A. My family tells me I am abit on the OC side.
I realize I can be my own worst enemy & the Rehab doc pointed out that I was not excepting my limits & that it would make the pain even worse. Actually the man was yelling at me, telling me I had better learn to except my limits. Then proceeded to put me on xanax on top of valium, which of course I did not take. After being furious with this doctor for all the yelliing I realized that he was right. Kind had along talk with myself. I still struggle with this but have learned to let certain things go or pay for it. For me it was one or if not the toughest things to deal with. In some ways control comes into play & I had to give up control of certain aspects of my life & learn to depend on others, which is the toughest thing to do for me. I do not like to rely or depend on anyone. So instead of like tackling that closet, or letting it eat away at me, I just shut the door & will do what I can when I can. In some areas I just cant give in, I guess unless I am tied to the bed I will never change. I sure do appreciate all I can still do & miss all that I cant do.
My family is just beginning to realize all the things I did, only because I cant do them anymore & the responsabiliy now falls on them. Lets just say there is alot not getting done,lol. Sammy

Closed Thread