It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Good Pr-op appr. w/surgery center--But Very very bad pain day!Hard time W/controll

Hey all,
I had a good pre-op appointment with the surgery center today! The Nurse was great and we talked about everything.

I found out my surgeery check in is at 12 pm and surgery is at 2 pm.

I will talk more about that later because I am in sooo puch pain.

All I did today was go to the pre-op appt. Go to one store and buy 2 items and one other store to meet someone and show them what to buy. That meeting only took 20 minutes.

I woke last night again with burning in the shoulder blades and slept on the couch propped up the rest of the night.

When I got home from being out I laid down after putting the few items away and also took my meds and used the heating pad while the Air conditioner was on.
The meds gave me only little relief and I even feel sick to my stomach.

You all I am trying to keep it together here! I know the surgery is only a week away, but I am a bit mad at my PM! I called and left a message and I had no call back.
I can not see suffering this last week! I am miserable.

My left arm is heavy and fatigued and my neck is buring and pinching.
There is actually no point in listing all the symptoms because I think I have all of them at once. Now with the nausea.
Do you think I should take a anti nausea med? I do have some?

I already had a cry and well what for!
Now what do I do! I have barley eaten and een water is not sounding good.

So sorry for rambling with all this junk. I feel like a big baby and a whiner.

C

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User
Re: Good Pr-op appr. w/surgery center--But Very very bad pain day!Hard time W/control

I wish you could get some better rest before going into surgery - if you have some phenergan for nausea it will potentiate or make your pain med work a little better
I am so glad your preop went well as that always makes you feel more comfortable with the hospital
How are you feeling now that the time is here - you sound like you have everything together - I will keep praying for you and that the surgery will be the solution for you - God Bless You
huggs Aver

Old 08-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Good Pr-op appr. w/surgery center--But Very very bad pain day!Hard time W/control

Chrissy, Sorry I didn't see your post till just now. I was wondering about you and voila, here it is. I've had lots of strange things happening with my Internet provider. One minute things will be fine, and the next, poof! everything is gone!

Anyway, Please don't ever think of yourself as a baby or a whiner. I hope you know that none of us sees you that way! You've got some major surgery coming up, and you have every reason to feel emotional. I am also a bit peeved with your PM. I would keep calling back, until you get a response. Especially with Monday being a holiday.

I'm glad you felt comfortable with the pre-op. Please know you are always in my prayers. Rest up as much as you can, hon. Post when you feel up to it, OK? Lots of prayers and hugs, CMP/MM

Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

One thing good about surgery center they have you in and out and release you most likely next morning once you have a normal bathroom. Other thing about surgery center verses hospital setting is usually it is less hard on the body,
While there if hurting yell and of course make sure when released you have the meds you need, From pain management to sleep aids, to nasua stuff.
Did they mention if a soft hard collar how long you have to keep the collar and what type of restrictions you will have?
Get some throat lemon drops, nose drops for the sore throat after wards, One thing that surprised me was the voice was harsh for up to 3 weeks afterward.Oh puree meals yogurts soft stuff for a few days
Another helpful item was Pssst shampoo a waterless shampoo.Socks after surgery my feet were so cold
Make sure you have easy to take on off clothing. After my surgery i had lots of lounge wear i stayed in for almost 6 weeks, Oh i couldn't lay down in the bed after wards so i slept in easy chair with big soft pillows . During recovery i had audio books watched lots of movies and that helped . Took short walks around the house yard that helped as well,
You are in my good thoughts and prayers and i wish for you the bestest possible outcome

Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Chrissy, Sounds like Zoey really gave you some great pointers. Never mind whine away my friend. If we dont understand who will?
I would be calling & just asking the Doc. office pharmacy or who ever about the med. for nausea, I had that & still do, in fact right now. Cant stand that feeling. I bought some ensure & force it down. I mean really force it at times. I am counting the days down with you. I hope you get a call back, hate to hear that you are suffering so. Just rest & try to at least drink, remember you have the surgery coming up & you need some strength & god forbid do not give them a reason to cancel it, you never know. Try to relax, I know it is really tough to do. I will be thinking of you. Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 08-29-2008 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Chrissy,
I understand your frastration; this doesn't help your pain, you know?
Try to relax, honey, and think positive. Everything will fall into place, don't worry too much...
And of course - best of luck to you. Will be thinking of you and for a good outcome...

Hugs and blessings to you...

Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days! Thanks for posting and I am starting a new thread!
Chrissy

Closed Thread