It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Good relief from the pain at last.......

Hello All,

I mostly come here and give out, and moan, and generally try to understand this acceptance issue but this time I am not here to complain..........

Just a little reminder: (as if you need reminding - off she goes !!)

Pain Management:-
30mg of Oxycontin every 12 hours. 35mg of Amytriptlyne.
This helped for about 4 hours and wham........ pain and not able to do much

Then from discussions here I changed. to
20mg Oxy. 25mg Amytriptylne. 8 hours apart.......... abit better but not much better.

Then I did the 20mg Oxy and 25 Amy every 6 hours but As you know I was 20mg short of doing my meds every 6 hours in 24 hours.
This is when i noticed the big change.... this was working.........

Then i thought okay mornings are good, bedtime is good, no pain sleeping and no trouble sleeping either......... mostly 9/10 hours.

So in the last 2 days this is what I did.
20mg of Oxycontin 25mg of Amytriptlyne
6 hours later same dosage
then 6 hours later
20mg of Oyx and 20mg Amytriptlyne
(can order 10mg of Amytriptlyne.......... The result has been amazing.......

What has been my main complaint since I join this board a year ago? What have I posted about 500 times about. "Why do I have to lye down during the day"? I have not in the last 6 years have had a day that I didnt need to lye down at some stage and I dont mean 20min and up again I mean 1 or 2 hours in the morning and again in the afternoon...... and sometimes much longer and some days so bad before the operation.

Well, today I got up at 10.00 am and 2.20pm I went upstairs with a hot water bottle for 40min. Got up at 3O'Clock collected my son and i didnt lye down until nearly 9 O'clock tonight................
This is a New Life !
I am doing things that I never did before....... As i said I collected my son from summer camp as he was going to his cousins house for his dinner.. Normally I would be in bed when my sister would call, No I was up....... then she nearly died of shock when i told her I was going out once she left..... She was so thrilled for me, because normally I would as I said be in bed or heading up once she left.............

So the big change I noticed was changing the second dosage of amytriptlyne
from 10mg to the 25mg. 25mg 6hours later 25mgs 6hours later 20mgs.
I am now wondering is it the amytriptlyne is giving me more relief and turning of the pain signal as i know it is not a pain killer it is an old anti-depressant but used in chronic pain to disturb the pattern to the brain.....
Then i know the Oxycontin on its own wasnt giving me this relief. The only thing i havent tried is the Amytriptlyne on its own.

But I really dont mind what is helping I am just so happy ..........and please God that things will just continue to improve and give me back some sort of life that I feel has been robbed from me. I am truely so gratefull to have even got these few days of very little pain. How many times have we even asked for one day of no pain.......

Also thank you, everyone that has read the posts and suggested to re-jig the meds also, and of course Steve and Ex and diet, moldova, cmggirl etc., I know they arent evenly spread across for the blood plasma levels....... maybe on my next PM visit I might be able to get that extra 20mg .. but heck if this works why fix it. Also I really cant go and say what way I am taking them as he was very firm with the 12 hours and they did last 12 hours.......but as we all have said no the pain relief doesnt last the 12 hours.
So I will keep you posted on hopefully more progress .....

Please God let this continue to help, and also help others in Pain.
Round1

P.S. Diet will meet you for the shoe shopping. Will bring the grabber to pick the shoes up !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: Good relief from the pain at last.......

R1...Praise the LORD!!! Yea for you!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better. It's such an amazing feeling when we find what "works" for us, isn't it? Praying that you'll continue to feel better!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

How wonderful for you. I am so happy to see someone join Pepper in getting some better pain control, & I love reading how happy the two of you sound. It makes me smile. Just like Pepper I will pray this continues for you, I will watch for updates, I love to hear you are enjoying life so much more these last few days. enjoy & dont over do & yes you do deserve to join Pepper in going out for some shoe shopping. Remember Pepper got 4prs, do you think she got abit excited? LOL, God bless, Sammy

Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

I am truly happy for you Round! I remember a time, not long ago, when you felt like this day would never come. Now look at you, my friend!

Of course, you know I still have to remind you to take it slow and don't over do it. But I know you know that. And remember, if you still have to go and have a lie-down once a day, that's still OK. We all have our limit. No matter how good our med coverage is. So, don't deny yourself a little "You" time.

I still plan on going back to Ireland some day, and I fully expect to sit down over a cup of tea! So, don't go tiring yourself out too much, OK?

Keep up the good work. And Blessings to you and your family. CMP/MM

Closed Thread