It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
(female)

megrandma HB User
Constant back, buttock and leg pain (both legs)

Hi Everyone,

I have been suffering from constant pain in my back, buttocks and both legs for >10 years. I also cannot sit on hard surfaces and must always have a cushion or blanket. If I do sit on a hard surface for an extended period I can suffer severe buttock, leg pain for 24- 36 hours! For several years I have been taking a time released Morphine which has contolled my pain very well. BUT my goal have always been to find and treat the cause and get off the Morphine. I recently lowered the dose by 25% and has 6 very uncomfortable days---but that's another story! I heard someone make a distinction between the ORIGIN of pain being different when pain is in ONE leg verses pain in BOTH legs? One origininates from the Sacrum while the other comes form the Lumbar spine? Can anyone clarify this for me? I have had every treatment available over the years with no releif. I am now considering Prolotherapy.
Does anyone have similar pain, specifically, pain in BOTH legs? Has anyone had Prolotherapy Injections for pain relief?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Megrandma

Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Constant back, buttock and leg pain (both legs)

Hi Megrandma,

Welcome to the boards! This is a wonderful place for info and support. You've found the right place.

You didn't mention if you have had a specific diagnosis or certain procedures and/or tests. Is your pain related to specific spinal or nerve damage or injury? Have you had any surgeries or other treatments for your condition(s)?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but it is much easier to offer advice when we know more of the details. It sounds like you have some possible disc issues, but I can't be sure. I also have pain in both legs, but mine is from a myriad of other issues, both disc/spine and a musculoskeletal disease that I have.

If you could provide a little more background info, I'm sure that several of us can relate and/or give more detailed advice/answers. Even if you've been unable to obtain a specific diagnosis, just knowing how and when your pain began and what docs have said, thusfar, would be helpful. (Many here do not have a specific diagnosis, but are still in pain management)

Again, welcome. I look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you better. Take care, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread