It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
X-rayed every which way and now more waiting...

My PCP agrees that this is most likely musculo-skeletal, I just don't have the symptoms for anything GI, not so much as an upset stomach. She had my ribs x-rayed everywhich way today, I should know the results on Friday. If it doesn't show much next up is probably a CT scan or bone scan to try and see if there is anything else going on there. For now she wants me to try taking tylenol with the oxy and see if that helps, my liver function is very good so little risk there. I see her for annual physical in two weeks and if it's still bad she will make adjustments then. If it gets really bad I'm to call and let the nurse know and we can figure something out. No strenous exercise or deep tissue massage of that area (neck and sholders etc. are OK) until we know what's going on. Slow walking or my excercise bike are ok since it doesn't jar the ribs. I'm not really very good at waiting paitently, I'm a result of the information age - I want it all NOW! I'll be good and follow instructions.

Tigg.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: X-rayed every which way and now more waiting...

tigger, this is the same exact line of testing that was done on me.
I looked at it this way after all that testing I sure know an awful lot about my body,lol. Really I found a few things out that I answered some questions, like athritis in certain areas explained why I ached at times there.
Also Osteo I seen suggested much the same as far as exericse & all the doctors said no PT at all because it flared it all up. I will check back to see how the xrays go, I am glad you GP is watching out for you. Maybe between us all we will eventaully learn something new about all this myofascial business. I am off for the ESIs & nerve blocks today to see if it helps the pain any in the chest/rib area. God bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Sammy,

Thank you! I hope your injections go well and give you some relief. I kind of wish it was my gallbladder - they can fix that pretty easily.

Tigg.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Tigg, Just wanted to chime in briefly and let you know I'm doing my best to keep up with everyone. It sounds like your doc is covering all the right bases. I can attest to the fact that sometimes musculoskeletal pain can be tricky and mimic lots of other types of pain. My CMP is all over the place, and I have gone to my doc many times over the years, thinking it is something new or different, only to go through all the tests and find it's the CMP after all. Not to say that you shouldn't make completely sure. That is always the best approach.

Hang in there as best as you can. Many hugs and God Bless, CMP/MM

Closed Thread