It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Chrissy had surgery

Chrissy had her surgery yesterday. All went well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Chris's mom

Old 09-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Chrissy had surgery

Thank you so much for updating us and we will continue to pray for her healing. I hope she is not in too much pain and is in good spirits. Hurry back Chrisy, We Love you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Thank you, mom, for updating us on her condition.
Please let her know we miss her and wish her all the best on her recovery. Please stay srong for her...

Will pray for her...

Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Good news so far.

Please keep us updated.

steve

Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know I am at home and on the couch! It was not as painful as the posterior approach, but pretty bad none the less!

I actully was taken if the PCA this moring and on oral meds from then on. My Surgeon said I could take the morphine as prescribed with the other meds he prescibed. He came to see me this morning.
Please excuse my typing !

So far I have been haing mostly surgical pain. Last night I experieced some of the buring inbetween the shoulder blades, but nothing ike when I wake up at home...Only time will tell now.

Well...thanks for all the support! It is time for some lunch and a nap then a short walk later,
Love you all.
Chrissy

Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

WOW!

Chrissy!

I didn't expect to hear from you for some time.

You are an incredible woman. I have been and will continue to pray for you.

Keep up the good work.

steve

Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

Glad to hear you came through it well. Hope your recovery is speedy, and your pain is reduced!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Thanks Chrissy's Momma for letting us know things went well in surgery, that was very thoughtful - I hope and pray that her recovery will go as smoothly - please let her know we are praying for her - you did a good job bringing this child up because she is a sweety huggs Aver

Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Chrissy, Been thinking of you alot! So glad to here from you & that all is well. I will be checking to see how it is going, careful & no overdoing anything! Sammy

Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Hi there, Thought of you this morning and said I wonder when you will have news.... So delighted to hear everything went well........ mind yourself and that neck especially lying on the couch.

round1

Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Giid Morning to you all!

Thanks so much for the support. Please forgive my typing! I am still trying to get used to this collar and I am drowsy at the moment,

So far so good. Since I came home yesterday just about 1 pm, I managed to have some lunch and go for a quick-short walk with my Mom. Who by the way is just an amazing woman with such great strength and courage.
I have to remember to work on being aware that all the meds and pain can make me testy sometimes and that she is only human!

Anyway, I did alot of resting when I got home and I did 2 short walks. I managed to sleep ewll through the night.

I am somewhat bummed about the wedge pillow I ordered. It has been taking a long time to arrive here partly because it was sent to the wrong place and then it retuned to its place of origin and the storm in the souther US sort of stalled it out for another few more days. I really really need that hting.
I have many pillows to prop with but it is so much work for my Mom and I to get thim into a comfortable position for me wether I am on the couch or on my bed.
I did notice that I did NOT have that severe buring this morning between my shoulder blades. That gives me some hope, but I don't want to get to excited yet ta know! Last time we had neck surgery symptoms ent away and then returned a few weeks later with a serious serious vengence. I just have to trust the Big Guy on this one.

Right now I would say I have a lot of surgical pain and uncofortableness. I think when the collar is ready to be removed and PT is to start then I will be able to better tell what the results are.

As for the medications. The Surgeon agreed that I could take my Morphine Sulfate at home. So I am glad that I have about a weeks worth of that. My Mom and I have decided to try only taking 2 of them a day as apposed to 3. The reason is because I am allowed to take more of the percocet 10/325 and I also can take 5 mg's of valium every 4 hours. So we will se how it works and then get to talking with the surgon and pm to see where we stand on pain and all that.

I feel optimistic like I said before. I am just only doing the bare minimu. It is difficult to let somone do for you when your so used to doing for yourself. I think I have decided to miss class on this coming Monday and give myself the time to recuperate (sp) and get a bit stronger, before trying to return to my class at shool.
I want to do the best that I can as a patient to get better! They told me when I left the surgery center that I was doing excetionally well! They said I looked great even though I told them I felt awful. I actually felt somewhat Flu-like yesterday while at the hospital. They had taken the PCA pump away and I was switchedx to oral meds. I think I went into a bit of wd's for a short while until I got home an took the morphine sulfate. Who knows.

Anyway I have these really cool leggins to prevent embolisms that are the new fad these days. i am supposed to where them for a week. LOL they did not come with a garter and they are thigh highs...lol

So my friend it is time for me to turn this machine off and get into a bit more reclined position.

I will be cheking in a few times today to try and get myself caught up on everyones stuff.

Love you all very much.
Chrissy

Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi Chrissy,

I'm so happy to hear your surgery went well!! Try not to overdo things, ok? Post again when you feel up to it. Bye for now.

Shay

Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Chrissy,

You are doing so well.

Thanks for posting.

You are in my prayers always.

steve

Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Chrissy, congrats on the successful surgery! It seems amazing to me that it's finished and you are already back at home! Glad everything is working out w/ the pain meds too. I had a strong anxious and kind of alarmist response when I read your post about what they planned to do w/ your pain meds after surgery. I then read everyone else's posts and they weren't worried at all - I went back and changed mine so that I wouldn't stress you out. It was helpful for me -- I saw how I tend to think of worst case scenarios instead of trusting that things will work out ok (as they did). Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I learned something [or rather I learned it again] from your post and my reaction [in first post, I was ready to call out the national guard ;-) and get that PA whipped into shape..;-)....

Anyway, very glad that you're doing so well and that you will be taking Monday off. Take care. I'll check back later.

Last edited by Confused089; 09-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Chrissy!
Im so happy for you. I need to read up on your posts because I think my situation is a lot like yours. Im really getting worse, and need to get to the bottom of all of this. Ill start a thread later or tomorrow. I just walked in the door from a long ride and IM really hurting. I need to take some meds and lie down...Again IM thrilled everything went well for you. Id been thinking about you.
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Closed Thread