It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User
I am still here just not posting threads until now.

Thought I would say hi to all. Hope everyone is ok. I know that none of us are ever really ok but so long as we are not going backwards.

I have stabilised the medication I take and my GP is looking after that for me now. He has been able to script a month in advance for my patches so it only costs me $5 now for that med anyway. Then I have about 5 other scripts a month also. All up about $30 per month I pay out. I know that it is very cheep for me really.

I am still having a lot of pain late in the day so I have been using heat and Paracetamol to try and manage that, because I can't get anything else from either doctor. I know that I have to be careful with what I do in the mornings now because I suffer that afternoon depending on what I do in the morning.

I am hoping to be moving soon to another house with a pool, backing onto a golf course with a river pasting through about 100 yards from the back gate. So I am hoping to start to walk every day and start to swim this coming summer. We are in the process of selling the house we are in now. My sister has been working on updating our home now for a while so she is very happy.

There has been some increase in the pain I get in my legs lately and some feeling of nerves effected. I have been jumpy and even noticed that I have been dropping things out of my hands. I don't know why I would be having any problems with my hands at all but I suppose the nervous system is all connected up. I hope that is all it is as I really don't need any other problems. Why would DDD of my lower back cause me to drop anything from my hands? I am a little concerned but I am hoping that it will pass.

Anyhow I wish every one good health. Allan.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: I am still here just not posting threads until now.

allen it is good to hear from you. I must say you sound abit better.
Its so nice to hear your sister is experiancing some happiness, does not sound like she has had alot to be happy about.
I am not sure about the hands, as I do the same but am thought to have some cervical issues. Look dont worry about that for know just take it one day at at a time & keep any eye on those hands. Write down any concerns for when you next see you doctor. I honestly feel that the body & spine is so complex we will never know for sure why every little thing happens.

The house that you all are looking into sounds wonderful.
I know I would sure love something like that.
My home is kind of next to a golf course, alittle stream runs through the very back but no pool.

We sometimes just have to look at the fact we are blessed to be here & needed in some way by someone. Together we can do this, we all have bad days, that is why it is so nice to have each other. We understand.
Sounds to me that your needed to by your family to.
Take care & remember we are here for you, Sammy

Closed Thread