It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Went through procedure yesturday

Hi everyone, went through with the thoracic ESIs, intercostal nerve block & ended up with some trigger points on my neck, which I am glad he did while I was out. I let the nurse know I was having those headaches & that I felt it was coming from a bulge in the neck, she felt my neck & said that it was more the likely causing something, it was pretty big & sore to touch.

The nurses said they would ask the PM if he would do something about it but could not promise. So right before he put me out he felt the neck for himself & found a few spots that were pretty bad, so he said he would take care of then for me. Praise the lord, rather get them while I am out.

Anyways I am sore, up all night with my back to sore to lie on it, but glad its over with. I have been doing some research (thanks to Marcia giving me some info. I needed) & am hoping I can help this PM to help me.
I was not this sore the first set, but as you recall the second was no fun, & thus far this one is the same. The nurse did say it can take awhile to see if it will work in anyway.

I will say that his surgical nurses are the best. So very caring & really just all around nice. The pre op nurse told me how much they all care & feel so bad for all the people who come in there with CP, she said they realize that this is in all reality for the rest of our lives & just wanted to let me know they care & think about us.
I was in alot of pain when I tried to move my arm & neck & really just feeling down the post op nurse asked if I wanted some thing for pain & pretty much told the nurse I did not care that I just wanted to go home. Had a nice attack of dry heaves while laying there. She came right back & said well I care & I am giving you something so you dont have to suffer so much.
The nurse took the time out to explain that dry heaves go along with severe pain & it our bodies reaction to the pain. NO one has ever taken the time to go over much of anything in the past.
They remembered about my arms & the surgical nurse that does the procedures came out & talked to me for abit before going in. Just really impressed with his staff, he really chose well. I let them know I very much appreciate their kindness.
I am afraid to get my hopes up & ready to ask for that change to LA at the follow up, been feeling really down about my independence & how hard it is to work anymore. I want to get something back & really hope this PM understands. I try to take my own advice & take it one day at a time, but it getting tough & I am so moody I dont like myself some days.
Anyways thought I would share with you all, nice to run into a group of nurses/staff so caring. Please pray that this set will give me some relief, I need alittle help to stay optimistic. Thanks everyone, I know your all busy & appreciate any time taken out for me. God bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 05:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: Went through procedure yesturday

Good Morning Sammy,

It is nice to be taken care of by staff that really does seem to care about us.

I am so sorry you have to go through all of these procedures! I know how tough, painful, and sometimes discourageung they can really be.

How is your Family holding up? I a ma little bit behind the times. Please excuse my typing!! It is sort of hard to see what I am doung and I have to get used to typing with the neck collar on,

Hang in there girl!! ***~~HUGS~~***
Chrissy

Old 09-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Sammy,

Rest with your ice pack today, it should help some. It's good that you get sedation for your procedures and that the nurses are so good. I have yet to be allowed to be sedated for any of mine, I will not have any without it ever again. Hopefully this set of injections will help after the initial soreness wears off.

Tigg.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

shananava HB User

Pray that you will find some relief in these injections. I have an ESI on the 25th. Im scared as the last one i got gave me a spinal headache. Your drs and nurses are kind. I would love to have some trigger points but I wont beg for them.
Glad you had a great experience. Hope you rest well, ice and feel better soon!
Shannon

Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Sammy,

This staff sounds super.

That takes such a load off. I am glad the one nurse took it upon herself to give you something for pain.

Here's hoping and praying that this set will do the trick.

Rest well Sammy.

steve

Old 09-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Sammy,

Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you posted about the great nurse. It's always good to hear about doctors, nurses and medical office staff that are exceptional - gives some of us an idea of what to shoot for!

I hope you're taking your hubby to the follow-up visit (*if* he is now supporting you on the LA meds). I really want to see you get these! You've been suffering for a long time and the LA meds can give you back some of the independence you feel you are losing.

When is your follow-up appt?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sammy,

God Bless you hon, for trooping on through. You're a stronger woman than you give yourself credit for. I hope these new injections do the trick. And I'm glad you have decided to go with the LA meds too. I really believe it will make a big difference and give you some of your life back.

Take care, sweetie. I'm praying for you, as always. Get lots of rest and feel better soon. Bunches of gentle hugs, CMP/MM

Old 09-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks gang, The soreness is down, thank goodness. thus far I have managed to go without the binder so maybe this will give me abit of relief. I need the other area done I think to tell how much these injection will benifit me, but I am really paying attention to see what I feel here.

Gosh tigger, I cant imaging not being sedated for ESIs. I have had the cortisone & a couple of those nearly had me fainting. I think the trigger point helped & I am grateful for that. Those headaches do not respond to much of anything. I forgot to mention one of the nurses recommended a pillow & gave me the site to go on. She said she loves hers, cant remember what its made of though. I know its not the memory foam. So once I look it up for those who are interested I will let you know. They called yesturday to see how I was & asked how I would rate the staff, I told her a 10+ & ask her to let the rest of the staff know how much I appreciate all there kindness.
I am praying this works. I know I will need to go back at least for one more but I am ready if need be.
Its amazing what a difference the staff can make. I was thinking on how much I would just be a wreck if I knew I was left to suffer after, but because they are attentive & understanding, it makes it alot easier to except these procedures. I know I will wake up in pain due to the postion of the arms but I know they will not leave me laying there to suffer. I know they dont have to be as compassionate as they are & did not have to tell me how they care about the patients the come through there. This Pm chose well & I am letting him know. I have been to enough doctors to know this is not the case in most practices.
I am trying to have faith & believe highly in the power of prayer, so keep praying. Thank you all so much for caring, God bless, Sammy

Closed Thread