It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

Trish1001 HB User
dealing with abdominal pain

I have been dealing with abdominal pain for years. In 2002 I had my gallbladder out because my GI thought that's what it was. Well, the pain is still there.I had had a CT scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy - they found nothing. Only a scan of the gallbladder showed it was not functioning "up to par."
At its worst, the pain kind of radiates down the right side. I'm never nauseous, although sometimes my stomach just doesn't feel well. I am often tired (exhausted actually), I don't feel rested in the morning even if I think I've slept "well." Some days are good, though (only a few), where the pain is minimal or non-existent.
I have tried eliminating foods from my diet and have found no correlations. Right now I am not eating anything cold or raw. I have lost 12 pounds this year and that's not good. I'm way too skinny.
I have been to a PCP who sent me to a GI who is puzzled. Blood chemistry in March showed nothing remarkable.
I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do. I've even tried acupuncture; no improvement yet.

Last edited by Trish1001; 09-06-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: more information

Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: dealing with abdominal pain

Trish, I am sorry this is happening to you and can understand your frustration. I dealt with some serious pain and it took us 4 years to finally put a name to my problems. I was even treated for 4 years for an incorrect disease called Crohns Disease. My problems turned out to be endometroisis with adhesions in the chest, bladder and bowel area. It was extremely painful.

May I ask have you had any female problems? If you have not already done so, you might consider having a complete female work up.

Has anyone done a explaratory laproscopy to check for adhesions from your previous surgery or endometorisis?

Good luck and I am sorry this is happening to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

Trish1001 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I no longer have my uterus; even when I did, I never have had any serious problems. I have wondered about adhesions, but doctors don't seem to think that's it. On another board, someone said that bile can continue to drip into the small intestine. I'm waiting for more information on that.
My huge concern, aside from the pain, is that I have to make myself eat; eating is an incredible chore for me and I just can't afford to lose any more weight. It's almost 2:00 and I still haven't had lunch.
I'm just so glad that when I get to heaven that I will have a new body!!!!
Thanks for the push about having a female exam. I do need to do that!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Trish, especially now that you have said you have no uterus I am assuming it was surgically removed so with that said, adhesions could very well be causing your problems. You might make sure you run these problems past your gyn doc so that they can determine if you have adhesions or anything else going on.

Sometimes you can also have a stone stuck in a bile duct that was missed during removal of your gall bladder.

I also understand about the weight loss with abdominal pain. I went down to 80 lbs. at 5'5". You might consider talking with your doctor about drinking one of those nuturitional drinks - they have one that they can prescribe which is chucked full of nuturitional value and can replace a meal. I used to have to drink 3 a day because I could not afford to lose any more weight.

Thankfully once my endometroisis and adhesions were removed my pain problems went away in that area.

I wish you good luck.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
(female)

sharks HB User

Hi Trish my story nearly identical, I had GB out in Dec last year and have pain down right side and up under ribs, I feel so hopeless and over it, have such a busy life and living with this pain is mindbending. Doc sending me for ultrasound now to check liver?? Don't feel like she is listening to me though. I have had 3 c-section, appendectomy and the gallbladder removal so I think my insides are a bit of a mess. I hope you can get some help and soon.

Closed Thread