It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
3 level lami....anyone have experience?

I am due to have a 3 level laminectomy/decompression on Wednesday. There are bone spurs pressing on the spinal canal as well as narrowing the foramina at each level on both sides. They will do be L1, l2, L3. I am wondering if anyone here has had 3 level lami before and if so, how did you do? Is your spine stable or has it led to more problems?

I have a lot of old man arthur in my back, and the facet joints are in bad shape because of it. I am so worried about more trouble in those areas that would lead to a 3 level fusion. I have had lots of surgeries, but 3 levels is new for me. I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks so much.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User
Re: 3 level lami....anyone have experience?

Carol, you may get a response here, but the best place (unless you're specifically asking about pain associated with a three level laminectomy) is likely to be the back board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
(female)

jmnpts HB User

I had a three level laminectomy on 7-21-08. I am doing fine and back to walking 2 miles a day. It has been a longer recovery than I imagined but I no longer have any butt or leg pain. Going into surgery I was aware they may do a fusion if the three level caused instability but luckily he said I remain stale for the amount of bone that was found. I do have a little numbness in my left thigh that wasn't there before. I will gladly take that if I am able to walk. I have my 7week post op tomorrow. I am no longer on any pain med but I did stat on celebrex a few weeks ago for some minor aches and pains. For me, the hardest part was the back brace I had to wear for 6 weeks. I wish you luck and hope everything goes well.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Thank you both for your replies. I have posted my query on a couple of different boards and I chose this one because of the wide range of experience among my fellow cp'ers.

I am happy to know jmpts that you are doing so well and hope that I will be as lucky. I pray that your recovery will continue to go well and that you soon will be back to "normal".

Carol
morphine pump

Old 09-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Carol, you are in my thoughts and prayers and will be on Wednesday as well. I will pray for you and your surgeon during the operation, and for reactive medical staff to ensure that you have adequate pain medication during your recuperation. I will also be praying that this alleviates and helps your pain as well. Good luck dear.

My last surgery they did other things but also did a laminectomy on L3, L4, and L5. Unfortunately my case was far more complicated then they realized and alot more work was done so I can't really add to much for the 3 level part.

I did have a one level laminectomy in May 2006 and I think on another thread I told you about it. If you want to know anything, just ask and I will be sure to subscribe to this thread so when you post, it will come into my email.

Hugs and blessings to you.

Closed Thread