It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

Just looking HB User
Need suggestions please

Hello:

I'm new to this site so if anyone could offer suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I have been in constant pain off and on for four years now. They tell me I'm non-surgical, whcih is good yet they tell me I won't get any better and I won't get any worse. How comforting! My problem is I fell at work four years ago and my back has been screwed up every since. Not that it was that great to begin with. My reports tell me that I have conjoined nerves and that I sprain/strained my lower back and have mild stenosis. The pain is in my lower back and radiates to the back of my butt, hip and sometimes down to my left foot. There are times where I can not sit or stand for any length of time without feeling sore and stiff. I'm still working full time and have my good and bad days. This just happens to be one of my bad episodes which my doctors told me this would happen. I take advil/motrin when needed and use the heating pad on my worse days. Was wondering if the tens unit would possibly help? I've also heard about the Restore Ultra Pacemaker that they literally put in your back. Has anyone had that done yet? Thank you for listening.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
Re: Need suggestions please

I think a TENS unit is worth trying. I use one when I have my worst days, and it helps keep the pain down enough so that I don't have to go to the ER. I have upper back and neck pain, but I think it would work great on lower back pain. It might not help the radiating pain you have down into your leg, but I think it would help with the pain in your back. The nice this about a TENS unit is that there is really little risk. You will need a prescription for one. My ins paid for it, but I'm sure they'll nail for for a hundred or so dollars for one if it's not covered. Maybe you still have a WC claim? I hope oyu find something that helps a bit. Did you have a second opinion on the "non-surgical" issue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

As far as the restore ultra pacemaker are you referring to the spinal cord stimulater?
If so you may want to put up a post on the back board to see if you get any responses. I did run into a couple people at my PM who have an implant & love it, but I am sure everyone has their own stories.
I would think a good Pain management doctor would be able to help you there. Tell you more of less if it would be a good option for you. Noone likes to suffer so could not hurt to inquire about it. I have different issues but I know if my PM said this is something that may help you, I would do as your attempting to do. I would research the heck out of it & give it alot of consideration. Good luck, Sammy

Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
(female)

Just looking HB User

Thank you for replying. I'm pretty much done with WC. I do have life time medical but everytime I want to go get a doctor they summons my medical history and tell me that they can't help me. This is coming from a Pain Management doctor! Workers Comp is a joke. I think at this point I am going to venture out on my own and let my insurance pick it up. I do have a tens unit that workers comp did pay for. May give that a try again. Can't hurt anyway.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #5
(female)

Just looking HB User

I just got a glimpse of the Restore Ultra sound on our local news they were doing a segment on Health Watch. However, I think I'll go ahead and try the tens unit first and see what kind of relief I get with that. Sounds like this Restore Ultra is on the same lines as the tens unit but just physically implanted. You are right though, everyone has their own stories to tell. I just think I have so much going on that its going to take a needle and a hay stack to figure out what will work and what wont. Thanks again for replying.

Closed Thread