It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Ribs really hurting today...

I think I've caught a cold. I've been up since about 2am coughing, every time I cough the ribs hurt. Grrrrrr. I'm just trying to do whatever I can to keep from coughing until I can get to the pharmacy after work. I'd walk to the one downtown where I work, but it's storming, I'd be soaked two steps out the door even with an umbrella. I've got some cough drops left from last year, but I think I need something better. I'll check with the pharmacist, I don't want to have something interact with my meds. Any suggestions on beverages that might help until I can get to the pharmacy? I've got pretty easy access to a good variety without leaving the building.

Tigg.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: Ribs really hurting today...

Hey Tig,
Sorry to hear your feeling so yucky today and at work to boot!!

Mabey some kind of flavored tea would help to sooth the throat ansd cough until you can speak to the Pharm and see what they may suggest. Hopefully your not getting a full blown cold and it si just a flare related to the weather! I hope the storms will pass soon and you will feel better soon.

SOmetimes tea just hhelps to sooth me so that was all I could think of.

Feel better ok....Chrissy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Oh boy Tig, been there, done that. The rib area is a bugger to deal with.
Perhaps holding a soft pillow against your ribs when your coughing may help. I dont know if you use heat or ice but maybe that would soothe the area.
I know for me its mostly ice. Ice seems help me so I think its due to inflammation. That is one part of your body that is hard to protect, anytime you move so does your ribs of course. Definantly try to control the cough.
You have my sympathy my friend. Take care & take it easy, try to get as much relaxing in as you can to limit movement while those ribs are aggravated. God bless, Sammy

Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Sammy and Chrissy,

Thank you! It's a cold. I'm prepared today though. I've got my cough syrup and my pillow (that really helps). Tea is usually good, but for some reason cold is working better than warm this time. I've even got a can of chicken soup for lunch. Hopefully this cold won't last very long.

Tigg.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Tigg,

Sorry to hear you have a cold that is making your pain much worse! I hit the chicken noodle soup as soon as I get a cold (and add garlic, ginger, hot peppers [sinuses], spinach, onions, and carrots). The healing properties of chicken noodle soup have actually been studied and it really does bolster your immune system.

I hope the chicken noodle soup works it's magic quickly!

Last edited by Confused089; 09-09-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Confused,

Thanks for the good wishes. I've got the garlic, onion, and carrots, and I'm not wild about the flavor of ginger. Chicken noodle soup for lunch, hot italian sausage with peppers for supper. Sometimes good food helps a lot. I hadn't heard about spinach though, do you know what it's supposed to do? I've added sliced tomatoes for the vitamin C.

Tigg.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo2174 View Post
Confused,
Thanks for the good wishes. I've got the garlic, onion, and carrots, and I'm not wild about the flavor of ginger. Chicken noodle soup for lunch, hot italian sausage with peppers for supper. Sometimes good food helps a lot. I hadn't heard about spinach though, do you know what it's supposed to do? I've added sliced tomatoes for the vitamin C.
Tigg.
I actually forgot that I add tomatoes as well! The spinach is for all the nutrients as well. Apparently there is something in the actual chicken broth that is supposed to help immensely. Supposedly it's best if you boil or roast the chicken yourself along with all the ingredients. I have say I've only done that once - who has the energy when they're sick?! I haven't tried the the hot italian sausage w/ peppers tho! I guess that's sort of the equivalent of adding the hot chili peppers to the soup..

Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread