It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User
May take a break for a while . . . pain is out of control

Hey guys,

I may take a break from the boards. I will miss everyone a great deal. I'm having serious pain problems now and sadly, posting here is exacerbating my pain. I feel deeply frustrated and sad. Something happened a couple days ago that I don't seem to be able to get past right now. But, everything looks different in the daylight..So, maybe it will be a short vacation!

I could have used one of you at side at my appt. today as I blew a hole through my pain management by practically insisting that I was on too high a dose and that I was concerned about my tolerance. I managed to get the doctor just as worried as I was [she wasn't even remotely concerned before I dug my own grave, now she's thinking she needs to refer me to a clinic b/c she doesn't have the expertise to handle my pain issues...I *am* concerned, and didn't want her to just keep piling on more meds that weren't working, but I think I could have managed to keep the dose down and get her to slowly switch me back to the patch [which *does* work) instead of convincing her that I had tolerance issues that were beyond her capacity to address (they *are*,but I'm not sure a pain clinic is going to be a lot better at handling this. Don't know if what I said can be "undone" now. I'm also in a TON of pain and don't need her giving up right now. I swear, I feel like I need a babysitter sometimes --someone needs to be at my side to *pinch* me when I'm digging my own grave....

Confused089

Last edited by Confused089; 09-11-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: Leaving for a while . . . pain is out of control

Hey hon,
I posted to you in another thread, but will say it again here.

You will be missed while your away. I am so grateful to have met you and shred experiences with you, You surely helped in preparing for my surgery!

I am sorry to hear of the out of control pain...I know what that is like and I really feel for you. I will be thinking of you and sending out the good ibes that the doctors invilved in your care will finally get you on an amount of medications that you can tolerate and will help with you pain.
Remember we are always here ...

((((~Hugs~))))
Chirssy

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Leaving for a while . . . pain is out of control

Confused,

Best of luck to you. You know what's best.

And you know we're all here for you if you need us. Just a few clicks away.

Take Care,

steve

Closed Thread