It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Pain/Burn Between shoulder blades! Neck? Hemangioma? Bursitis? Maybe Nothing!!

Hey friends...
As you all know since my surgery I have not really had the aweful buring in between my shoulder blades when I wake up ni the mornings.

The interesting things are that since surgery I have had a hard collar on and I have been sleeping on my back! I have been pretty well free frm that buring pain.

Laast night I slept a bit of time on each side, left and right. I had pillows under the neck brace that are designed for that., and only slept this way a short time.

Anyway this morning I felt that same buring pain, mostly left sided.

The thing that interests me is in my Shoulder MRI it says I have some Bursitis in the left shoulder. I looked at the MRI pic and it does not really show the area that the pain I feel is in, so bursitis I do not think causes this burning.

But....here is the kicker. A long time back when I had an MRI done on my t-spine to rule out any issues there, the report said I have a Hemangioma on
T-7. Intersetingly enough I also have hemangioma's on my Liver/ Two I believe. One is 3 mm and the other 5 mm. Now the ones on my liver are being monitored and I need to get them scanned every year or 6 months.

Do you all think that the Hemangioma could be something that down the road I should discuss with my Othro? Only if that Buring pain comes back and is severe of course. I am not real worried about it YET.
The buring could still be related to the neck and that pain may just be coming and going in accordance to the healing process of my neck stuff.

Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you all think.

Remember now that my family on my Moms side has a history of scolliosis, which I do have and somewhere I have a percentage or degree number pertaining to that cuvre I could dig up for you all if necessary.

I do feel different since surgery, but still to soon to make a good assessment of the outcome untill the brace is off for some time.

Thanks
Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 09-11-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: TYPOS AND SPELLING HEHEEHEHE!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Pain/Burn Between shoulder blades! Neck? Hemangioma? Bursitis? Maybe Nothing!!

Chrissy,

You and I don't know each other well, but I do keep up with your posts pretty well. In response to your thought that Bursitis not causing burning pain. I have Bursitis in my Left Hip from gait problems in my left knee which I just had operated on 2 1/2 weeks ago, when I slept at night if I happened to roll over on my left side I would wake up in the middle of the night with my hip burning so bad I would almose be crying in my sleep. The pain would continue throughout the night and into the next day. I would sleep with heat on my hip for the rest of the night after taking pain meds and making damn sure not to roll over on that side. But just wanted to let you know that Bursitis can absolutely cause intense burning pain.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Re: Pain/Burn Between shoulder blades! Neck? Hemangioma? Bursitis? Maybe Nothing!!

Chrissy~
I think you should wait and focus on healing. Dont worry about things that arent pressing yet. I read all of your posts today that you started since being here, [not the whole threads] and youve been thru a lot, so I hope you can relax and not worry for a bit while you heal. Your body is going thru alot, and Im hoping the best for you.
Just try to relax and not stress about another problem. I hope I didnt offend you...i just want you to heal and get better without any more stress.
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 09-11-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Izzy,

Your so right! I promise not to be focusing on this issue. It will either go away or at some point become soething to be looked into, but for now I am going to follow your suggestions and work on focusing on the fact that I am recovering from major surgery and need to take care of myself!!

Thanks Izzy

Closed Thread