It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Izzzzy Update! ~

Hi everyone...
Sorry Ive been a bit AWOL lately. A lot is going on, and Ive been hurting more than ever. My back pain is so much worse. But, good news from the doc today.
He looked at my Xrays and said no tumor, and he thinks its still scar tissue or snapping scapula or scapula bursitis. Forgive me if I get these terms wrong, I didint have a pen when he called. i really, really have a good feeling about this guy, he is highly, highly trained and respected, so I am super excited to get the ball rolling.
He ordered me an MRI, and today they told me next week, and he called them and got me in tomorrow. He also told me to come by and get a script for the MRI and asked what I would like. [I dont do well in small spaces].
He said that the MRI will give us a much better idea what is going on, and we can try some injections [cort, ect] or go straight to surgery. My deductable has just been met for insurance and hubby told me today that if I get it done by Nov. 1st, it will mean a savings of over 20,000.00 plus.
I told the surgeon and he said "we'll have it done before than, dont worry."
So for once Im REALLY excited. Im ready to get back to my life. this has been horrible. I should have gone to this guy 2 years ago. I just kept having conflicts, and thought that it would just go away.
Anyway, just a short update, and I probably left a bunch out, but I wanted to say "thank you" again for all of you that care for me, and check on me.
I got back on the oxycontin 20 mg 3xdaily and my oxy 20mg for BT 4Xdaily.
My pain control is good. Also everything Ive researched online today has said that this is indeed a VERY painful thing to have. I can attest for that, thats for sure.
If anyone has anything to add, or has been thru the same thing, I really want to hear your input VERY much!~
Kiddo just got home form practice, so I want to spend time with him.
I hope everyone has thought about today 9/11 and prayed for all of the heros and victims, and families.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 09-11-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Izzzzy Update! ~

Izzy, I am sure curious to see what shows on that MRI, I am also very happy for you. Since I have alot of pain in that area I know how you feel. Hurts, feels like someone hit you with a sledge hammer on some days.
It would be wonderful to be able to do something to alleviate all that pain.
I have never heard of that but then there are probably alot of things I have never heard of. Please let us know when you have an MRI sheduled.

Its a shame we all go by those deductables but at this rate we are lucky to have insurance.

It wonderful to hear another post that offers some hope, all the prayers seem to be working so we'll just have to keep it up! God Bless, Sammy

Old 09-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey Izzy,

Well it sounds like this guy is the one!! I sure hope the MRI will give the doc some type of information that he needs. I none of us like to think of surgery or much less to have to hurry up with it for insuracne purposes, but I totally get it. I had a similar deal and needed my hysterectomy done before the end of December 2005 or I would have had to pay for the whole thing. I ended up paying next to nothing because the doc was gracious enough to chage his surgery schedule for me!!
If that pain around your scapula is anything like the pain I discussed in another post then I certainly hope they figure it out soon!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

I am always so glad when there's good news. And this sounds real promising.

You certainly deserve a good stretch Izzy. After my mom died a few years ago it seemed like nothing went right. Pain, relationships, work, nothing. I was certainly ready for it when things finally did start looking up. And it seems like things are looking up for you. I am SO GLAD for you.

I wish you the very best Izzy. I would love to see you back tearing up the courses. I just want for you to feel good and enjoy life. I hate it when you are hurting.

steve

Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hey Izzy,

I'm so happy to hear your pain control is good and that there is no tumor!! Hopefully, the upcoming surgery will help you tremndously. Take care and bye for now.

Shay

Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Izzzzy Update! ~

It is wonderful to hear that you have found a doctor that is working with you. You deserve some good news and help. Please keep us updated with your MRI and your upcomming treatment.

Lorie

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Izz,

Just wanted to say congrats on the test results. I know that even the possibility of a benign tumor can be nerve-wracking. It must be such a relief to know there isn't one. I hope with the MRI and possibly surgery, they can get you back to your "old self" soon.

I hope all is going as well as it can. Sorry I haven't posted lately, but I've been on vacation and had a lot of stuff going on myself in the last couple of months. Thanks for all the support you've always shown me. You've been such a good friend. Please keep us updated as you find out more. I think about you and all of my friends here all the time, even when I don't get the chance to post.

Hugs and prayers, CMP/MM

Closed Thread