It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User
Hi and update....

First of all I want to say hi to everyone...been unable to get to the puter...have been running back and forth to the nursing home/hospital for my Mom... She is doing wonderful now...but the last month has been very difficult...she is actually coming home to my house on Sunday!!!

I am doing pretty good. My leg/toe/knee do NOT ache anymore..which is amazing. The surgical site aches like someone kicked me with steel toed boots..more so, if I overdo it. BUT, I figure that will get better as the bones/fusion heal. It will be 3 months on the 26th....can you believe that already. I go to the ortho. Dr. on 10/3...will have a CT scan that morning to see what is up, and if I am healing. Let us hope...although I have been up and running for the last month....due to Mom...no recovery there for me.

I try to read some of the posts to keep up....but sadly I have fallen a bit behind...will keep reading though...want to see that you guys are coming along...hopefully for the better.

Haven't heard from Frosty in a while...hope she is ok...

Take care all...miss you..

Sage/Leslie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Frosty6 HB User
Re: Hi and update....

Here I come to save the day! Hey girl! I'm sorry I have been away too. My daughter is ill and I have been consumed with trying to get her diagnosed. We go to a gastroenterologist next Tuesday the 30th and hopefully we will have some answers or a remedy soon. I'll be in touch as I know you have your hands full as well!

Love,
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

awww Frosty...so sorry that your daughter is ill...that is so strange...we have been going through stuff with my 10 year old granddaughter...all of last week...CT's, Xrays, family Drs., surgeons... Similar stuff....wow..

Yes, I am super busy...haven't had a chance to sit down...much less type anything...husband is in England... Picked up Mom from Nursing Home on Sunday...and have had several "interviews" with the people who are supposed to be coming in to help...ha...when do they start to help????? (PT, nurse, aid???)... I called and asked them that today... The Drs. had told me that I would have help every day...ha...no one so far... I've done it all...and my back is not happy...

I think of you...hoping all is going well....take care....will talk soon...
I go to Dr. G/S on 10/3....get CT in the morning...
Later. I can't believe this...I just had to go and see if the kitten (I got a new baby) got stuck in a huge urn...well, I caught my foot on a wire for the TV and i just FELL... not good...

(hope your daughter feels better soon)

Leslie

Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Sage (Leslie),

I haven't been on myself, as much as I'd like to be, but I had been wondering about you and how you were healing from your surgery. I'm glad you posted an update. It's funny, I had just been thinking about you and Juliet (from Australia), the other day. You both had surgeries about the same time, and I was a bit concerned that we hadn't heard much since your initial post-op update and still nothing from Juliet. I hope she's OK.

I can totally relate to what is going on with your mom. I took care of mine for her last 4 years or so, and I know how frustrating it can be to get respite help and nursing care. You really have to be the squeaky wheel with most agencies. So, stay on top of them. Please don't try to do so much yourself. The last thing you want is to jeopardize the fusion. Keep on the agencies til they pay attention. Don't take no for an answer. Caregiveing is a very full time job and then some.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll try to check in as often as I can. Take care of yourself and post when you feel up to it. Hugs, CMP/MM

Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for thinking of me Campgirl!! I am doing ok...the leg/knee/and the dreaded little toe are not hurting...wonderful....the area where the surgery was --well that still hurts somewhat..especially if I overdo..which I can't help doing sometimes at this point. Kind of feels like I got kicked...not fun...but I can deal with it...especially if the other parts aren't hurting.
I do understand about the health services...sure, they run right out to help...the nurse came yesterday to do the vitals...that's all folks... Today the occupational therapist called at 2:30...she is coming out between 4 and 4:30... hello???? What happened to calling the night before so I can put them on my schedule???? (that's what I was told they were supposed to do). But for any actual help so far - nada. Zip. etc. I did call twice, but I didn't seem to impress anyone with the need for help...they are big on interview.
I do hope your are doing ok...
I have been neglectful of my friends lately, but I have been running about helping out, and I get so darned tired...but I do think of you all...
Thank you for thinking of me....

Leslie

Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Sage, I am so happy you have some relief from your surgery & hope you have more to come. hard when you have yourself & a loved one both to try to deal with, I will keep you & yours in my prayers. Sure has been a long haul for us all. God bless, Sammy

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sage, honey you are scaring the whazoo out of me. Please, please, please, please do not hurt yourself by overdoing. You know how long it took you to finally get something done about your pain. Don't mess it up. I love ya sweetie and I wish we had a smiley that showed someone hitting a person with a rolling pin cause I would use it on you. LOL

Only out of deep concern for my dear friend .......take care of yourself. No one else will.

Remember who will pay the price.

Think about it, seriously.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes Sammy, it has been a long long haul...but the future is coming..slowly, but coming... Right now I am so busy helping out..my Mom is recovering, she is doing well, it's just a matter of regaining her strength...all in good time.
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts...I need all I can get right now...
I hope you are doing well....take care..

Leslie

Old 09-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Diet,
I know, I know....stupidity runs in my family. Trying to do too much is classic...and we do pay for it.... I'll send you my rolling pin... Mom is getting stronger...the surgeon said she was doing well, and should regain her strength by the beginning of Nov.... I'll try not to do so much in the future...it's just so difficult...husband is overseas right now...and not coming back for a while...so it is only me here.
I see my surgeon next Fri...can't wait, have CT in the morning and visit him in the afternoon. I feel pretty good, just so tired (well, that is my fault, giving too much of me away again) and the deep, deep ache at the fusion site...like someone kicked me...I hope that is normal...it has been 3 months now...
This surgery has just made me plain old...and tired...it has taken a lot out of me, and I just try to keep up... BUT, too much has gone on..Mom being so sick and all, and husband having to leave for a few months... Guess I have to give in ...
Thank you for "yelling" at me, I needed that!!!! It was such a long haul getting fixed..YEARS...can't mess this up.
Thank you my friend...
Take care, feel better...

Leslie

Closed Thread