It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Next it's a CT scan of the ribs.

About all the x-rays told us was that the ribs aren't broken or anything along those lines. I get a CT scan of the area next week and we'll see from there. The pain is down a bit from right after the trigger point inj. At least it's not as super sensitive to the touch as it was two weeks ago, but was still too sensitive for the MT to work directly on the area yesterday. She just worked around the worst of the area and in my back. I guess we'll see what the CT scan says, if anything.

Tigg.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User
Re: Next it's a CT scan of the ribs.

Tigger, just wanted to stop by and offer support. i agree that it's really hard not to know what's gong on, especially since so many physicians won't treat pain unless they have solid diagnosis. I amvery sorry this as been such a struggle for you. I truly hope things get better soon.

Last edited by Confused089; 09-19-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Tig, you are indeed following the same order of testing I had done.
Hang in there my friend. It is so darn hard not knowing & when or if the test comes back inconclusive it can be tough to deal with. I believe I did the bone scan after the CT & then the MRI. As I said in the past after all that I knew my body pretty well & knew what I was facing in the future abit more. I hope for your sake they can come up with something, something treatable.
No matter what I am here for you. I know exactly what your going through & its frustrating to be in so much pain & not know the cause.

I cant remember if you ever said what caused yours. Did you injure yourself or did it just occur over time?
Please keep us informed. I willl be praying for you honey. God bless, Sammy

Old 09-22-2008, 05:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Thank you all for the support, it really helps. I would really like to know what is causing this, it gets frustrating especially when people ask what is wrong. At least my PCP is doing something to try and figure that out and not just wanting to inject cortisone everywhere. I think maybe having lived in a 100+ year old house may have helped with the paitence. Doing anything on it always took at least twice as long as you estimated and involved at least three trips to the hardware store a day . I'm glad we moved!

Tigg.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Tigg,

Just wanted to lend my prayers and support, and let you know that I I'm still around. I know how frustrating this process can be. And I also know, that if it is myofascial, it can be a very frustrating thing to learn to deal with. Of course, the first hurdle is to find a doc who not only believes in CMP, but knows how to manage the pain that accompanies it well.

I'm here for you, if you need anything. I'm by no means an expert at anything, but when it comes to CMP, I've been living with it for a long time. I hope there are some answers for you soon. Just know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers every day. Take care of yourself and God Bless. Many hugs, CMP/MM

Closed Thread