It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Brother's Surgery Today, Prayers Please??

Hey gang,

As some of you may know, my brother was recently told he has a growth of some sort in his throat. The doc is not sure in any way, if it is malignant or benign, but feels that in either case, it is early and his overall prognosis is good. I know my brother has "awfulized" this from the moment he found out, and he has convinced himself that it is cancer. I have tried to reassure him that based on what the doc has said, it really sounds like everything will be just fine, but he has other issues (that many of you know about) and tends to always think the very worst. I wish his outlook going into this could be a little more positive, but what can I do???

His youngest is going to go with him and the hospital is only about 4 blocks from my house. It is a day procedure and should be over in a short time. I have asked him if he wanted to come here to recoup for a few days, but he declined. I know both of his girls will be looking in on him, as will hubby and I, so it should all be OK. The surgery is at 12:30 East Coast time, today, so if any of you could spare a few extra prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. As angry as I have been with him lately, I still love him very much and want this to be the best possible outcome. I hope, in a way, this will be a bit of an "eye-opener" for him.

That's the scoop for now. I can't tell you all how grateful I am to have all of you. I'll try to keep you posted. Thank you all so much and God Bless, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Brother's Surgery Today, Prayers Please??

CMP,

I am sorry I just now saw this and I have said a prayer for your brother. I hope all turns out well and I will continue to pray for him. He has alot on his shoulders right now and hopefully this might help him realize how important he is to his family and friends and he will take the steps to take care of his other problems.

(((Hugs))) I know this must be hard on you too.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User

I'm prayin', too!!!! Please keep us updated.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

cmp, How is your brother? How is your SIL?
Alot to deal with lately for you & yours. Hope all is well & hope you are taking care of yourself. Godbless, Sammy

Old 09-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

I'm sorry that this is going to be a quick one, but I haven't been quite up to par as of late, so I'm not getting a chance to log on as much. It's nothing too serious. I had a minimal bowel obstruction and it has since been resolved (I hope... fingers crossed) but it has taken much of my strength and stamina away. I am being good and letting my hubby take care of me, but I think it will just take time.

My brother's surgery went well. The doctor won't be able to give him any news till next Monday. (week from tomorrow) The waiting is the hardest part, but he is doing surprisingly well. He is not allowed to talk for a week, and if any of you knew my brother, you'd know that is quite a feat!

My SIL had an interesting appt with her regular PM doc. He put her back on the Oxycontin and told her that if the other doc had any problem with that, then he would deal with him. So, for now, she will stay with this doc. (I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear the conversations that occured between docs after the fateful nightmare appointment!)

So, for now, all is status quo. I want to thank you all for your love and support and especially your prayers. I am so blessed to have you all. I'm off to my couch now, so I'll say goodnight. I will check in as often as I can. God Bless you all. I am forever in your debt. Love, MM

Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Oh Sugar - I did not know you had gone through that - It took me forever to recover because of the toxiins that get built up in your system - Are you okay for real? I will be praying for you and your family
love ya huggs Aver

Closed Thread