It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User
I hurt

I have been hurting so much the last two days and cannot seem to get a handle on it - I have got so much to do but hurt too much - Sometimes this is just a crappy way to live just waiting around til you feel better - I am grumpy and just want to punch a wall - cannot figure out what medicine would help - Thanks, I feel better just being grouchy and mean - I really do love you guys and guess I will write again in a couple of days when I feel better huggs Aver

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-05-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: I hurt

Hello Aver....I certainly know what you mean....We all have good days and bad days. For me, it seems like there is hardly ever anything in between.....Either I feel ok, or I really feel bad.

Try to hang in there best you can. Ironically, when I feel bad, I come to these boards for support and comfort and try to help others as I know what it's like to feel bad. Additionally, being here takes my mind off the pain and discomfort. Nothing is worse, IMO, than feeling grouchy or crass because one feels bad...You don't mean to be, but between one's condition and the meds, it's almost impossible not to! While some around you may not understand, most of us do, so come here for support if you can.

Take care, and hang in there.

Regards,

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I understand, I feel the same lately. Life does not seem fair at times. I hope Aver this passes quickly for you & of course you know that you are not alone.
God bless, Sammy

Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Ironically, when I feel bad, I come to these boards for support and comfort...

Regards,

Ex
Oh Aver:

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this pain right now. I wish there was something more I could do. ((((Aver))))

For me Ex hit the proverbial nail on the head with the above quote. This past summer has probably been one of the worst, most painful, and darkest periods of my life (especially since my original injury)! I just couldn't find it in me to post, but I did come and read and keep up with my "pain buddies" on almost a daily basis. There is no way to explain how much you guys all helped me to get through one of the worst periods I've ever experienced in my life.

Hang in there Aver! Do what YOU have to do to make it through this especially tough period, and I will continue to pray that you will feel better!!

Blessings,

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

We all have those days!!! Thats what we are here for!

My hairdresser has a sign in front of ther station that says" $10.00 extra charge if you are grump, bitchy or mad". Cracks me up every time!

Hope I made you laugh-even just a chuckle-
Blessings all,
Momz

Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Hi Aver - just wanted to post my support and let you know that I too have days like that. Some mornings I wake up and everything hurts and I can't figure out what I'm doing differently on that day as opposed to the day before. There is no explaining why the pain hits hard and heavy out of the blue. When I'm really hurting I try to lie down with a heating pad (not that it makes anything better - it just feels very warm & cozy) and take my break through meds. Do you have any BT meds to take? I can't remember what you are on exactly. Anyway, hang tough my dear - tomorrow may be a better day. All the best - KathyMac

Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

I cannot believe I was such a brat to even write this post - thanks Ex, as Becky said you nailed it - and my sweet friend Chrissy of all people you are the one that deserves to be grouchy but you never are - Momz and Sammy it is nice to know I am not alone but I do feel a little silly just being in a bad mood cuz I feel like it
Hey KathyMac, I haven't heard from you in a while, are you feeling okay?
Well sorry again for the brat attack but thank you all for being understanding - We adopted our 4 year old grand daughter when she was born (due to daughter exacerbating her illness with pregnancy-whole nother story) and she fell in the floor tonight and had a hissy fit - when everyone leaves in the morning, I am going to try that and see if I feel better - love to all huggs Aver

Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 AM   #8
(female)

shananava HB User

I totally understand. I dont think you are a brat. I get frustrated myself and have for a few days too of not feeling well. Seems like I had so much help before and at my surgery time. I guess I should be better by now. From being down so long after surgery I have lost my motivation. Now I am overwhelmed and cant get caught up around here. I have to do something to get more motivation and organization back around here. I am not even happy. I think I would be more motivated to start things if I could finish them. Some things I know I cant finish so I wont start, or I know I will be in so much pain after that I wont do it. Enough is enough though.
You arent a brat, just tired of it.
Nice to have somewhere to go for help. I see more support here. I guess I dont chime in sometimes and people dont know me. I had posted a few times with no responses much and think maybe I was a brat about that too. Where I was at during that time.
We all need support from those that understand.
Shannon

Old 10-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Hi Shanananananan - i have posted before without a reply and it does make you feel kind of crappy but usually someone like you (usually you) wil come along and post - I know I have done that on a couple yours before and just basically said do not have advice but will be thinking about you and praying for you - so post more I like to communicate with you - lately with the sub board I have gotten a little crazy about who is posting where -hope you have a fun weekend with the pain on the low side
huggs Aver

Old 10-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hi Aver!!

How are you doing? I pray that today finds you in better spirits and more at ease.

Don't feel bad about your bad mood. We all have them and the beauty of this board is that we can share our feelings and no one will sit in judgement of you. We all have been there and will be there tomorrow. Let's face it our pain can definitely influence our mood and the way we cope with things which is why many doctors treat us with anti-depressents and anxiety meds.

Take care and I will try to stop in more frequently.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Hey DDP - everytime I see your name I think about my first job - they had snack packs - my pack I always ordered was DDP+SCRNK (diet doctor pepper plus a scrunch bar), what a nutional lunch
way of the subject but it does bring fond memories - yes I am feeling better and am praying that you will be in the same place as I am - please hurry back as we all miss you tremendously - are you feeling okay, or I sould ask if you are at the best you can be huggs Aver

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-05-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Please review the Posting Rules regarding past, current or future professions

Old 10-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Aver~
Im hoping you're doing better. I just had a sec to jump on before dinner so I wanted to say " Im here for ya!"
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Aver,
hang on, sweetie. I know exactly what you are talking about.
I am sorry we have to deal with it on a regular basis but not much we can do unfortunately.
The good thing is - we have each other and we know where we always can come and share and look for support; so please, come and talk to us, we always here...
Feel better, will pray for you...

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Thanks ya'll - you help me get through my worst times - things are better this week so I hope they will continue moving in the right direction
love ya'll huggs Aver

Old 10-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #15
(female)

shananava HB User
Smile Re: I hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver00 View Post
Hi Shanananananan - i have posted before without a reply and it does make you feel kind of crappy but usually someone like you (usually you) wil come along and post - I know I have done that on a couple yours before and just basically said do not have advice but will be thinking about you and praying for you - so post more I like to communicate with you - lately with the sub board I have gotten a little crazy about who is posting where -hope you have a fun weekend with the pain on the low side
huggs Aver
Hope things are better for you and thanks for your support. I know I can be bratty and some what needy. Been up half the night, worried about another epidural today. Hope that will help me sleep later, if im not hooked on reading online or tv. Best wishes for a good day for everyone.
Hugs,
Shannon

Closed Thread